JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would I be mad? It's not like that is his most egregious offense. His dad while sitting as president brokering business dealings for promised political favors with foreign nations and selling state secrets is a bit bigger issue than Hunter being a POS drug addict his entire life.
It was more of a universal "don't be mad" and not anything directed specifically at you

As to the rest, it has nothing to do with the firearm charges so other than pointing them out to @Xaevian I'll pass on discussing them here :)

The main crux though is not the single charge of him being in possession. He may very well beat that rap and there is case history in support of that. And rightly so! That does in no way affect the other 2 federal charges though. Those are not based or protected under the 2A, but felonies under federal law. IE., Knowingly lying on a federal form.

Trying to lump all 3 charges under the 2A to debase those that agree he should be convicted is foolhardy and an oversimplification to fit a chosen narrative.

Sorry..... :s0155:
Fair point, and the argument I have read against that can be found in part 3 here:

That the statement was made regarding a matter within the federal government's jurisdiction. This "jurisdictional element" requires that the government prove that the false statements were made in regard to a matter within the federal government's jurisdiction. Courts have broadly interpreted "jurisdiction" in this context to mean any area where the federal government has the power to act or enforce regulations. Given the scope of our government, that jurisdiction includes the economy, healthcare, education, and many other areas. For example, subcontractors hired by general contractors who work for the federal government are within the federal government's "jurisdiction," and can be prosecuted for false statements and fraudulent invoices they make to the general contractors.

If the question was unconstitutional (and I support the argument that the 4473 in its entirety is likely unconstitutional) than the Fed Gov would/might have no jurisdiction

If the question was unconstitutional (and I support the argument that the 4473 in its entirety is likely unconstitutional) than the Fed Gov would/might have no jurisdiction
I fully agree that 4473's should be unlawful, but that's not really the issue, is it. Under current federal law, right or wrong, it is in fact a crime. It does not fall under 2A protections and every other person convicted of the same has, with very few exceptions... spent time behind bars for it.

IMO, it's no so much that people are calling for his head simply because of his last name and feelings against brandon, but outrage over the dual standard of justice... exasperated by the blanket immunity clause attempt that was completely unprecedented... simply because of his last name.

Blowing off folks calls for justice as being unjust.. and claiming "it's only political because you don't like his family"... is the lefts sirens song, but not in the least factual. Granted... it's unavoidable that it may be a big magnified by who his family is but it certainly doesn't obviate in any way the core and appropriate desire for equal application of the law.

On mobile so I'm going skip quoting, but "A bunch of other people went to jail for the same unconstitutional law so he should as well" doesn't fix the part about it being unconstitutional
I do want equal application of the law, that being no one should be prosecuted for an unconstitutional law, but it's hard to go back and un-fudge somebody's life from an unconstitutional convection 5 or 10 or however many years ago
And prosecuting one more "just to make it fair" because all those other people got f'd over by an unconstitutional law so he should as well is just stupid.

On mobile so I'm going skip quoting, but "A bunch of other people went to jail for the same unconstitutional law so he should as well" doesn't fix the part about it being unconstitutional
I do want equal application of the law, that being no one should be prosecuted for an unconstitutional law, but it's hard to go back and un-fudge somebody's life from an unconstitutional convection 5 or 10 or however many years ago
And prosecuting one more "just to make it fair" because all those other people got f'd over by an unconstitutional law so he should as well is just stupid.
If the feds said "OK from this point on no one will be charged for this crime", then I would be fine with that. What I am not OK with is them saying this guy we are letting off but other people who are not powerful we are going to continue to hammer.

That's attempting to combine 2 different parallel issues into one linear issue... which is a break in logic. The argument against unconstitutional laws and the argument in favor of equal application of standing laws are completely separate. Believing both does not make a person a hypocrite.... no matter how anyone tries to make that "leap".

What that argument is basically saying is... A is similar to B, B is similar to C so A is similar to C... which is just silly. :s0155:

Yup........

1694744769965.png

Aloha, Mark

If this woman is federally charged with using drugs while owning a gun then shouldn't Biden? Sure she took this plea because they were trying to get her for a whole bunch of charges and this was least of those charges but still.

Also the Biden indictment was on local news today and they kept hammering home "he only had the gun 11 days..." Repeated that like 5 times so you know it was a fed line and I'm sure a "true" fact. I'm guessing he sobered up and realized he was breaking the law and willfully surrendered the gun...👍

Eleven days. Yah, my arse. Hhis GF didn't like him having a gun, so she threw it into a public garbage can, and it was recovered later. In California.

Edit to Add -- between 2018, when Hunter supposedly lled on his 4473, and 2020 - there were approximately 1600 cases referred to feds for investigation and prosecution. Of those, ~750 went to trial.
In the grand perspective where >12M background checks happened in that time, some think it means "the likelihood of getting prosecuted is minimal". Note the subtle suggestion, that far more lie on their 4473 than the 1500 referred to the DOJ.

Last Edited:
If this woman is federally charged with using drugs while owning a gun then shouldn't Biden? Sure she took this plea because they were trying to get her for a whole bunch of charges and this was least of those charges but still.

Also the Biden indictment was on local news today and they kept hammering home "he only had the gun 11 days..." Repeated that like 5 times so you know it was a fed line and I'm sure a "true" fact. I'm guessing he sobered up and realized he was breaking the law and willfully surrendered the gun...👍
JMHO but there are a whole bunch of things that woman should have been charged with, but that particular question on the 4473 shouldn't have been one of them

Also it kind of reads to me that the prosecution was lazy and just relied on Felony Stacking to scare her into a plea, but I could be wrong on that

JMHO but there are a whole bunch of things that woman should have been charged with, but that particular question on the 4473 shouldn't have been one of them

Also it kind of reads to me that the prosecution was lazy and just relied on Felony Stacking to scare her into a plea, but I could be wrong on that
I agree. Not sure how they landed on drug use as the final charge other than humiliating her to some degree.

A parent should take better care to make sure their kids don't want to shoot and kill another human and certainly should make sure firearms are not accessible by a 6 yr old.

I couldn't imagine my 6 yr old self being able to sneak a gun past my mom on my way to school.

If you are talking about Hunters gun? His brothers widow, who he got on crack and then was bedding, threw it in a puvblic trash can because she was afraid of him having it. Some guy found it and gave it to Police. In rushes Secret Service to take it to try to sweep this all under the rug but news got out.

I agree. Not sure how they landed on drug use as the final charge other than humiliating her to some degree.

A parent should take better care to make sure their kids don't want to shoot and kill another human and certainly should make sure firearms are not accessible by a 6 yr old.

I couldn't imagine my 6 yr old self being able to sneak a gun past my mom on my way to school.
Don't let your own limitations or imagination keep you from acknowledging the reality of what is possible.

Not every 6 year old is the same and not every family unit is the same.

For example, I thank my parents daily, sometimes verbally, for the upbringing I had because the more children I learn about the more I am aware of how much effort in my upbringing I had that I see so many other children by comparison today, lack.

If you are talking about Hunters gun? His brothers widow, who he got on crack and then was bedding, threw it in a puvblic trash can because she was afraid of him having it. Some guy found it and gave it to Police. In rushes Secret Service to take it to try to sweep this all under the rug but news got out.
Yep, just another example of how much they try to clean up after the political "elite." Rules for thee but not for me…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews