JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I finally got out and shot m new M&P 2.0 optic ready 9mm over the weekend. As well as my original 2.0 9mm. As the title says the slide did not lock back on it twice. And on the other 2.0 I had one failure to feed. Any ideas what may have caused either of the issues on these two particular pistols. A FFL friend said it's known to happen on the M&P's as far as the failure to lock back. I believe he said the M&P's are weak in that area. So he oiled the slide where it makes contact with the rails. He said that should help. And all suggestions are greatly appreciated but I absolutely love the way that optic ready 2.0 shot very nice. Love the way the original 2.0 shot.

Try some 124 grain instead of 115. Has juuust a little more pop to it.

I have an m&p with the opposite problem. Slide will sometimes lock back on a loaded mag

Try a different magazine.
I believe the issue with the M&P is not the mag, it is that the slide just barely does not recoil far enough back for the catch to engage. You need to find enough energy for it to slide back that extra fraction of a millimeter for the catch to engage. Once it does any decent mag should engage it and your issue is solved.

I believe the issue with the M&P is not the mag, it is that the slide just barely does not recoil far enough back for the catch to engage. You need to find enough energy for it to slide back that extra fraction of a millimeter for the catch to engage. Once it does any decent mag should engage it and your issue is solved.
If thats the case then its a warranty issue.

Also, when troubleshooting guns its important to use only the factory mags that came with the guns. If it doesnt work with those then send it back.

Install a less power recoil spring.

Be sure your thumb isnt near the slide lock lever.
^^^ THIS. Shooting 1911's and my giant jungle monkey thumbs do have a habit of migrating toward the slide lock lever.

Next time you go to the range to shoot a couple hundred rounds, do so with a thumb over thumb grip or in some other manner where you're 100% certain your thumbs aren't contacting the slide lever.

As for trying to figure out a single failure to feed, that's pretty difficult with only one failure to go off of. But if your thumbs are contacting the slide lever and/or the slide itself, it may be enough to slow the slide down enough to induce a failure.

But isolating your thumbs is a logical and easy first step to help determine if you've got a real mechanical issue or a shooter induced issue. Hope that it's shooters induced because that is usually a much easier and cheaper problem to solve. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top