JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But now, I need some help in being a tad more discrete - and I'm thinking, are small revolvers worth it?
Im not a revolver fan for self defense but the most discreet handgun I know of is one of the NAA 22WMR revolvers. For what they are they do shoot good.

9hvb7xl6fua71.jpg

Why, is she a bad shot?
She must be a damn good shot cause he's known as @pharmseller and she makes people buy the pharm.........:p

Im not a revolver fan for self defense but the most discreet handgun I know of is one of the NAA 22WMR revolvers. For what they are they do shoot good.
Yep got one of those too, nice flannel shirt pocket carry. They've been known to be carried in birthday suit pocket carry by men and woman but YMMV.

I really like my 340pd it's made for carrying and not a good high volume range toy. +p 38 or low recoil 357 is great, full loads never bothered me but some will complain as it's just super light. It Pocket carry's very nice, for me it's always pointed very instinctive and I like the hogue grips on j frames. The trigger pull leaves much to be desired and a spring kit at minimum, ideally a kit and a polish by somebody who knows what they're doing.

BD75C360-B59C-4606-94B7-5506F73BD162.jpeg

I'll be a slightly descending voice.

I'm a big S&W fan - but I have no issue with Taurus.

Back in the mid/late-80s I had a PT92; it was an excellent handgun and it wish I'd kept it.

Now I have a couple .38 Special Taurus revolvers, mostly as backup if the friends and family plan becomes necessary. They are good quality pieces - same size, cartridge and speed loader type as the S&W K-frames. Compatibility is a huge advantage.

I am missing, in my lineup, a good snubby. One could say that I've always made due with a larger package. But now, I need some help in being a tad more discrete - and I'm thinking, are small revolvers worth it?

38sp? 357? 327? Something else entirely? Ruger has always treated me well with single actions - what about the LCR? Are Smith's any good (new) or would you look for something older?

Anything you'd stay away from?
Budget?? if you are looking for just an budget snubby, I like the Taurus 856 Ultralite 38 Special +P, because it comes with 6 rounds.
Best of luck with your search!

taurus-856-ultra-lite-38-special-p-2in-matte-black-revolver-6-rounds-1626969-1.jpg

Best advice, rent revolvers and shoot both lightweight and steel frame guns. I'm lazy and have been pocket carrying (with holster) for years. Either a S&W 940 or Sig P365. No comparison though, the P365 is much easier to shoot. Too bad S&W quit making the 940 revolver (5 shot 9mm), it is a nice revolver but to expensive to find now!

My vote is for the Ruger SP101. GREAT wheel gun. I have carried the 2.25" in the past and .357 mag loads aren't too bad as long as it's not really cold outside, lol.

I have a ton of experience with the snubbies, both Military and Civilian, so, I can share my experiences. RUGER GP-100 is my hands down fav in a 4.2 inch .357, or the Colt New Agent 2 inch in .38! Third is ether the Ruger LCR in .38 or the Taurus 856 Airweight. We were issued Smith 36's for a while, and they shoot well, but the grip is tiny and hard to get used to, but it's reasonably light and packs easy. My Go to is the Ruger GP-100 though, at least for a compact pocket carry/deep concealment piece! If i'm not worried about things as much, but still wanting a revolver, the old Python gets the duty that day!
While I much prefer the +P loads of .357 Mag, some times the .38 makes for a more a reasonable choice, especially in deep urban situations where one wants to avoid attention, even after the shot(s), a .38 through a jacket pocket dosn't have a huge BANG, no flash, or smoke, and sounds like a firecracker, NOT a pistol shot, This can save your life! Other fav compacts in the Semi packaging would be the CZ-82 in 9X18 Mak, or the Walther PPK in ether .32 or .380 Auto, for the same reasons above!

Two of my favorites...

S&W 632-2 Pro Series Night Sights.
.327 Federal magnum.
J frame

S&W Hand Ejector.
.32 S&W Long.
Improved I frame

Pros - 6 round capacity
Great carry size
Can shoot .32 S&W, .32 SWL & .327 FED
Mag in the 632-2
Can shoot .32 S&W & .32 SWL in the HE