JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So yesterday.......I was shooting my Kimber 22LR conversion (on a COLT M1911a1 frame).
For ME......I leaned that I should/will/would.......

NEVER TRUST my life with a rimfire cartridge.

Rrrrrright......I already came to that conclusion long ago. BUT, But, but......IF, that's all you got.....well, there you are.

And, YEAH (truthfully though)......
there are plenty on complaints about the 22LR cartridge when used with a semi-auto firearm(s). So then maybe, use that rimfire cartridge with a revolver? Perhaps, it has a better track record. Yeah, maybe.

OR......

Why not just use a "better cartridge and caliber" to begin with?

Aloha, Mark

Bottom line. 6 22WMR rounds in a revolver, odds are 5 of them are going to ignite, odds are, little 90lb old lady is going to land three of those five shots because she can handle it.

Will the goblin drop instantly? Probably not. But at least granny went out with some dignity.

As for the goblin, OUCH!!!! And if he doesn't die, hopefully he will be crappin' out of a colostomy bag for the rest of his miserable life in prison.

Question is would granny be able to do better with a similar size and weight revolver in 38spl?

True story: My grand parents ran a couple friendly nightclub back in the late 60s and early 70s in East Los Angeles. One night, goblin comes in and holds the place up. We would later find out that the gun was a 4" barreled 22WMR, and grandpa, being held at gun point, but also being a WWII vet and savvy about firearms, took his chances and grabbed the guy's gun hand and with his other hand, swiftly pimp slapped the goblin, laying him out (grandpa had a big heavy hand). Unfortunately, as the gun was forced downward. it went off in grandpa's calf, traveled through his foot, ricocheted off the floor and lodged itself back in grandpas calf.

Our family doctor was an old school professional who was also a skilled surgeon, and he was able to save grandpas life. Had it been a lesser physician grandpa would have died that night. My grandpa never stuck his nose up at the thought of any bullet flying his way after that whether it was a big bore or a mouse caliber.
.....OUCH!!!!!!

I would say that if nothing else is available than .22 revolver is better than nothing. Also sometimes there are circumstances that prevent a user from using a higher caliber handgun. My father had an injury to his thumb of his dominant hand and wasn't able to use a .38 but found that the Ruger LCR was a suitable alternative and he was able to put all rounds in a very tight group out to about 15 feet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top