JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So its sort of like the Reactive Trigger system on the Tippmann paintball guns then? Fast forced resets and light pulls to activate?
i havent tried one of those reactive triggers. best way i can describe it is the reset is forced by the bolt carrier group going into battery while disengaging the locking bar of the trigger. the locking bar is disengaged by using the extra material on the rear of an m16 profile BCG to trip the locking bar. its my understanding that an ar15 or sp1 bcg wont work with this trigger. once the locking bar is disengaged, it is then and only then, you may pull the trigger again before firing one single round before the process starts over. the reset happens very quickly.

its not "easy" to do single shots though
SO if it's 'not easy' to do single shots does this mean then it is EASIER to use in its, intended, faster mode?

This seems contradictory to what I constantly read about this trigger IE 'It still takes one pull of the trigger per shot' (or something to that effect)

Based on the few vids I have watched It appears the kinetic energy of the recoiling rifle through the body of the shooter is transferring to the arm, hand and finger which then actuates a 'trigger pull'

In some of the vids the rate of fire is so fast I do NOT see anything that looks like repetitive trigger pull and the finger appears stationary and being 'activated' by the energy of the recoil.

SO if it's 'not easy' to do single shots does this mean then it is EASIER to use in its, intended, faster mode?

This seems contradictory to what I constantly read about this trigger IE 'It still takes one pull of the trigger per shot' (or something to that effect)

Based on the few vids I have watched It appears the kinetic energy of the recoiling rifle through the body of the shooter is transferring to the arm, hand and finger which then actuates a 'trigger pull'

In some of the vids the rate of fire is so fast I do NOT see anything that looks like repetitive trigger pull and the finger appears stationary and being 'activated' by the energy of the recoil.
i have a slow motion video of me shooting one where you can clearly see my finger pulling the trigger every shot. the trigger forces the shooters finger to move forward and then the shooter pulls the trigger again. recoil has nothing to do with it IMO. the gun i was using has a silencer with a muzzle brake inside of it. virtually no recoil or muzzle rise.

the trigger forces the shooters finger to move forward and then the shooter pulls the trigger again. recoil has nothing to do with it IMO
Assuming recoil has nothing to do with it and it does in fact require the shooter to 'pull' the trigger then the trigger must have an incredibly light pull weight and zero creep for one to be able to maintain such a high rate of fire.

Someone correct me if I a wrong but isn't Timney a more 'mainstream' company that produces triggers & other components that are typically more sporting/competition/target shooting based due to their high quality and precision, and none that are based on increasing semi auto rates of fire?
"Mainstream" "fringe" or "cottage industry" has nothing to do with this. Design and intent do. My thinking is there is something intentionally provocative - and therein lies the problem. The wound is self-inflicted.

Should we have such unproductive regulations? No. But a nation survives on its obedience to the legal system and petitions that system for changes and alterations.

My point was I didn't think Timney had ever designed something along the lines of the RBT.
My point exactly. When the feds had you official documents, you do not roll them up and poke them in the eye with them. They have the absolute power (and desire) to destroy him. Does he not know that?

I just found this. Colin Noir works for the NRA as a spokesman and also is a Lawyer. This will explain a ot about what's going on at the momnent.

My point exactly. When the feds had you official documents, you do not roll them up and poke them in the eye with them. They have the absolute power (and desire) to destroy him. Does he not know that?
I'm betting he knows exactly what the ATF is capable of and that this is his one shot to thwart them
I wish him the best of luck in this. If he win's it will (hopefully) put an end to ATF's creating new laws by fiat.

I just found this. Colin Noir works for the NRA as a spokesman and also is a Lawyer.
I don't think he is prostituting for the NRA anymore but I could be wrong.

I would have more respect for Noir if he was representing RBT instead of pandering to them to get more web time.

Sorry to all you Noir disciples but I recently caught him in a blatant lie in a video I was watching of his and, well, lost what little respect I had for him.

I don't think he is prostituting for the NRA anymore but I could be wrong.

I would have more respect for Noir if he was representing RBT instead of pandering to them to get more web time.

Sorry to all you Noir disciples but I recently caught him in a blatant lie in a video I was watching of his and, well, lost what little respect I had for him.
and what lie was that and do you have links to back it up? I do respect your opinion that Colin should be on their legal team.

and what lie was that and do you have links to back it up?
Well, I typically do not save links but in a vid some time ago ( I can't remember exactly) he was debating gun issues with some female Senator (if I recall) and the discussion led to hunting with an MSR in .223 and he repeatedly said, 'I do it all the time' (a couple times) suggesting he had (or does) hunt with a .223.

Well, IF you look at the video below from the Nosler website there is a story in the 'project 48' link (narrated by him) and he espouses it as his first 'real' hunt ever, and he mentions, 'All I ever hunted before were HAWKS' , nothing other than Hawks' Well, since Hawks are typically protected everywhere, and I hardly can imagine he hunted them with a ,223, I had little respect for what he said about how 'I do it all the time' with regard to hunting in the video I saw.

Also, I find his reference to 'hunting' hawks despicable and I am surprised Nosler did not edit this out due to how they are mostly a protected species.

His 'Hawk' hunting reference is in the first few seconds of the video.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads