JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like the idea. But combatants must wear loin cloth and use blunt heavy battle hammers.
That would disadvantage the small and weak, so dueling would advantage the brawny and not necessarily the intelligent.

Firearms seem to be the most fair, they are effective regardless of the physical size and prowess of the user.

All things being equal it is pretty interesting to see that they banned that accelerator stock back in the 90s and no one ever talks about it. I guess this is something that should've been resolved long ago but now some how trump is getting blamed for the bumpstock ban even though there was a pre existing case that did essentially the same thing.

Also it's pretty dam stupid that they wrote an approval letter for the 3mr and are now trying to ban the rare breed

Who's fault is it really?

The degenerates ATF?
OR
We the spineless people?

last time I checked, we voted for these losers in office and when they get out of line, we tolerate it. We the armed citizens of the United States are the biggest military in the world. We could take our country back but we are too fat and dumped down to do so.

I will admit, I too am part of the problem, to a point. I don't go above and beyond as a citizen to make changes for the better. But at least I have a clue as to how this system works and I try not to contribute. Trust me, I know how bad I'm getting shafted.

this is just the beginning..... We ain't seen sh!t yet.
Biggie, Biggie, Biggie,
Can't you see?
Sometimes your words just
Hypnotize me...

I remember seeing these at the Portland gun show back in the 90s and the ATF outlawed these as well. It was a bumpfire stock with rollers that the action set on. The ones I saw were like $900.00 for the stock and back then, that was a good chunk of money to spend on a stock. Then gun was never altered in anyway. So If they can outlaw this stock and bump stocks. What is going to stop them with this trigger?

Bump stock outlaw was overturned by federal Court.

This probably went the way of economic obsolescence. Why pay $900 for stock.

The Akins Accelerator

Thanks for the post.

This article first appeared in Small Arms Review V10N2 (November 2006)

Never heard of it which makes sense, in 2006 I was in some heavy chit and guns weren't a big priority, fact is I was liquidating. I think I was down to one rifle and one (maybe two) pistol.

Bump stock outlaw was overturned by federal Court.

This probably went the way of economic obsolescence. Why pay $900 for stock.

You know I was thinking the same thing myself just a few minutes ago as in it had to be something economic. That and people just didn't really care to bubblegum and moan about it back then likely because of popularity and price also it looks like it was only setup for a 10/22. With all that said a lot of this bubblegum is all hot air anyways. I mean ya the atf can ban anything they want but at the end of the day their efforts go to chasing down people with parts and firearms that are contain actual bubbleguming auto sears not novelty items. That and guns being used in the drug trade. Do I want them to say my property now makes me a felon? bubblegum no! Does it seem like an empty threat? Pretty much :rolleyes:
I think the point of all of this is the 86 ban on full autos is draconian and a piss poor solution from a government that chooses to muder and rape people at the heart of everything they do. Meaning they are evil and mean spirited.

Last Edited:
Is it true that once you put this trigger in, you cannot select single shot?
The slowest rate of fire you can achive would be a 2 shot "burst" (pull trigger, release trigger).
The trigger you are refering to is a Binary Trigger. Rarebreed triggers are different. You can achieve single shots by one pull but it does not fire upon release. Rarebreed triggers are a pull to fire only.

The trigger you are referring to is a Binary Trigger. Rarebreed triggers are different. You can achieve single shots by one pull but it does not fire upon release. Rarebreed triggers are a pull to fire only.
OK - Thanks!
Seems like a far better option than a binary or a bump stock.

I personally don't have a use for one, but it sure seems to meet the definition of: "legal".
And for those who want one. . . Go for it.

In the event that they are declared illegal, I would see many people who have them putting teh orig trigger back in and then putting the Rarebreed in some place safe where they can then swap it back in, if TSHTF at some point in the future.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top