JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$1.60/pound for range brass today at CCM; $115.20 for a nearly-full 5 gal bucket (72 pounds).

Only a penny/pound for lead acid batteries; better to hold for core charges.

Range membership paid-for....:D

Do you know if CCM will buy empty copper bullet jackets? I have a 5 gallon bucket from melting down range scrap. Pacific in Eugene buys it (or at least used to) for the copper, but I know some places won't because of the lead residue.

Do you know if CCM will buy empty copper bullet jackets? I have a 5 gallon bucket from melting down range scrap. Pacific in Eugene buys it (or at least used to) for the copper, but I know some places won't because of the lead residue.

No, haven't considered the thought; most projectiles at the range are burried in ballistic gravel and disturbing that might ruffle some feathers.....

Amazing operation there at CCM; they were swamped today and I was in and out in 30 min.

CCM#: 503-588-0721

There's been a couple times in the past when I must have beaten you to the range on a Sunday after a monthly USPSA match, and picked up a huge quantity of pistol brass.

I try to mix up my schedule to give working people a chance at the resources; I remember seeing retired guys hogging everything in sight...

I appreciate that. I think I've got plenty of brass now of most calibers I load, as I don't really shoot a lot. I come across enough here and there to keep me stocked.

I'll have to give CCM a call on Monday. I never actually dig in to the berm at all. After a good rain there's plenty of lead just lying on the surface. In the winter I'd usually spend 20 minutes or so after shooting and pick 15 or 20 lbs off the surface of the berm, then dump it in a bucket in the garage when I get home. It really adds up after a while. A full 5 gallon bucket of scrap bullets weighs over 200 lbs, and I have more than one waiting to be melted into ingots right now. I also only pick up lead when the berm is wet. They're easier to see, and I don't want to take any chance of breathing lead dust.

I prayed to the 308 brass gods, and I'll be darned if I didn't find 100 pcs of good once fired LC brass at the rock quarry/shooting range I shoot at frequently. I was pleasantly surprised... my new AR10 will be happy..

I remember seeing retired guys hogging everything in sight...

:) I used to shoot out in the hills on public land near where we used to live. A lot of people shot out there every weekend, but only occasionally would I find any "free range brass". We would see an old-timer out there all the time; never shooting but always hounding brass. As I recall he wore an old aluminum hardhat and drove a beat up old truck. If you were out there towards evening you would almost always see him. I figure either he was supplementing his social security check or it was beer money, though I can't imagine it amounted to much after buying gas for his old truck.

Reminds me a little of a funny story. I was more into casting a few years back, and the older guys on another site were always saying to get a good supply of wheel weights for lead. They invariably had a system. They said all you have to do is get in good with all the local tire shops, bring them donuts or pizza for their scrap wheel weights, and leave a bucket with your phone number on it. Pretty soon you'll be "the guy". They'll save them for you alone and you'll have all the lead you need.

The problem was that every single tire shop I asked at told me no, no wheel weights for me. Why? They had a guy. He brings them donuts and pizza, and leaves an empty bucket with his name on it! :)o_O

I prayed to the 308 brass gods, and I'll be darned if I didn't find 100 pcs of good once fired LC brass at the rock quarry/shooting range I shoot at frequently. I was pleasantly surprised... my new AR10 will be happy..

Excellent! 95% of whatever I stumble across is either 9mm or 5.56, occasionally some .40, .45acp, and .380; with anything else being a rare exception, though recently I did happen to find a dozen pieces of 8mm Lebel on the ground at the rifle range.

Excellent! 95% of whatever I stumble across is either 9mm or 5.56, occasionally some .40, .45acp, and .380; with anything else being a rare exception, though recently I did happen to find a dozen pieces of 8mm Lebel on the ground at the rifle range.
I agree. Usually I'll see stuff laying on the ground that I already have. Way too much military 556 brass there. I just leave that stuff lay for the guys that want it. Every once in a while I'll find a box (20 pcs) or 2 of commercial 270 or 30-06. If it isn't once fired or looks good, I'll leave it lay.

I think I'm up to 4 or 5+ buckets since I renewed my range membership last November; $110-$125.00 each trip.

I never made anything close to that burning fuel in the coast range or selling brass outright.

I do very-well in pay forward; I try to stay on the upside of trades and free-will offerings.

I really enjoy hounding brass. :D

Yes, I'd like them please.
I have the crucible, a burner, blower and air balancing regulator to make a high temperature casting system.
I've located a Portland source for castable refractory (not DIY stuff), and intend to make one where I can both reduce the metals and control the alloy content.

Semi-annual clean-up at the range today; CVSC. I hit the ground at day- break; whacked blackberries & weeds, cleaned the rifle shack, and picked up @15 gallons of steel cases...only enough time to collect a handful of brass.

Looking at the steel cases; scattered on the ground for 3 years wore me down..... A long handled magnet made the job easy. The price of scrap steel isn't worth my time; I left the buckets near the dumpster for an astute PM "facilitator...". :D

I was done by 10:00 hrs; lots of members showed up to pitch-in.

PS: the rifle range and upper pistol bays at CVSC will be closed for maintenance this Monday and Tuesday.

Yeah, I forgot that was today. I would have gone this morning. I did go out there this afternoon, noticed it was all clean and tidy, and the smoldering pile at the rifle range.

Sorry Oathkeeper, my son and I were out there today. Now we have two lifetimes supply of 9mm, a few years worth of .40, a bunch of .45 auto, and half a box of 45 Colt.

I didn't pick it all up though. That would have taken hours. They must have had a match out there yesterday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top