JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know what CCM is...but, are you scrapping perfectly good-for-reloading brass?

Sometimes; what I do with it depends mostly on my inventory levels.

I have a pretty good behind the scenes program going-on. Myself and the people I pay it forward with seem to be in a competition to out-do one another..it's crazy fun!

I scrap the brass that's too far gone; more than 3 times fired, has a marked head (with an "X"), ugly, or damaged.

Some milspec breaks decapping pins; with the red sealant on the primers...

Berdan goes into the bucket.

Some good brass goes into the bucket...

I don't want to run a quasi-classified ad, so that's as far as I wanna go...:D

Sometimes; what I do with it depends mostly on my inventory levels.

I have a pretty good behind the scenes program going-on. Myself and the people I pay it forward with seem to be in a competition to out-do one another..it's crazy fun!

I scrap the brass that's too far gone; more than 3 times fired, has a marked head (with an "X"), ugly, or damaged.

Some milspec breaks decapping pins; with the red sealant on the primers...

Berdan goes into the bucket.

Some good brass goes into the bucket...

I don't want to run a quasi-classified ad, so that's as far as I wanna go...:D

Thank you. I'm not looking for brass really, so no worries about a "Quasi Classified". I just feel that usable brass going to a scrapper is a sin.

Thank you. I'm not looking for brass really, so no worries about a "Quasi Classified". I just feel that usable brass going to a scrapper is a sin.

After they weigh brass at CCM, they dump it into the biggest container of sin you've ever seen...4X4X4 totes...lol.

Last time, there were three 55 gallon drums; filled to the top; with bright yellow brass.....

My standards have changed since I started hand-loading @ 9 years ago; I'm more "picky" now.

I have to ask. How do you acquire so much range brass? I go on a regular basis and get little to nothing. You don't have to divulge your secret gold mine, but do you live right next to a range? Do you go daily? And when you do, do you go to shoit? Or just hound brass?

I have to ask. How do you acquire so much range brass? I go on a regular basis and get little to nothing. You don't have to divulge your secret gold mine, but do you live right next to a range? Do you go daily? And when you do, do you go to shoit? Or just hound brass?

My house is directly under the station where Apache Gunships conduct live-fire exercises...it rains brass....lol.:s0106:

I have a range membership; I pick up once or twice a week.

I scrap @ 50% of what I pick up; the nasty stuff.

I load the 25% and pay forward with the other 25%; mostly stuff I do not load for.

The days of burning fuel; looking for brass in the coast range are over! Only one exception; I try to keep Gooseneck Road as clean as possible....the half-gallon bag of brass I get out there is laughable compared to all the trash I pick up, an my incidental trips to the range.

18 pounds today; 7 pounds were O/F 5.56, 6 pounds we're 9mm, then some odds and ends.

I could have hounded 4 gallons of 9mm, but all my shooting buddies arrived earlier than expected.....

Somebody wrote my name and made a heart (on a shooting bench) with a bunch of 5.56 brass today:eek:; They must know my routine...:D

Paying forward has been a 5 fold return for me. Got another custom leather holster in exchange for range brass today...

;)

Picked up a 5 gal bucket of brass for $60.00 at the local trade days last summer. The last one I got at a local scrap dealer was just over $80.00.

I am an unrepentant brass whore-I get it where ever when ever I can.

There's been a couple times in the past when I must have beaten you to the range on a Sunday after a monthly USPSA match, and picked up a huge quantity of pistol brass. A couple times like that and I was set for life for 9mm brass. A couple times hitting the rifle range just right and I'm set for life for 5.56 brass.

I once talked my daughter into helping me pick up about 20 lbs of mostly 9mm brass out of the gravel in one of the pistol bays a day or two after a match, but then I got thinking about the huge quantity of lead dust that must be in the gravel from shooting steel and decided I didn't want my kids around that. I also bought some special soap for washing my hands after handling lead, and now I only pick lead off the berms when it's wet. I'm probably being paranoid but I don't want to take any chances of breathing that dust.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top