JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you process and sell this brass? Or use it yourself or just scrap it?

I keep a basic load of fully processed brass.

Sometimes I sell the surplus in the NWFA classified section; face to face brass transactions have resulted in meeting some really nice guys; not much profit in fully processed range brass...:confused:

I also pay it forward with a couple of older gents at the range, or via PM with a couple NWFA members.

Pay it forward is my favorite; I received brass and some beautiful leather holsters, sheaths, slings, and belts from one gent, and reloading components and equipment from another.

The damaged or marked brass always goes to scrap; 2 or 3 five gallon buckets/yr.

A 5 gallon bucket brings @ $116.00; range membership is $125.00/yr.....:D

Almost 10 pounds today; 60% 9mm & @ 30% .40 Cal from last weekend's pistol competition.

10% mix if .357 Sig, .380, and a few .38sp.

Same blend and @ weight as Monday but + a few 5.56.

Hoping for sunshine and Black Friday brass....:D

9MM and 5.56 galore this week..some gifted, some hounded..

Lots of time processing, but gotter done....worth the effort.

IMG_1515026857823.jpg

9MM and 5.56 galore this week..some gifted, some hounded..

Lots of time processing, but gotter done....worth the effort.

View attachment 418095

I just got into reloading. My nice family bought me some various equipment for Christmas. Good score on the brass! I hope you use a broom and dust pan to collect it all or do you have some other fancy pickup tool? My back started hurting just thinking about it!

So am the only dufus that sorts 45 acp spp from the lpp and reloads them in a separate batch?
No, you're not. As long as it goes bang and hits where I aim, I don't care what size primer it has. It is relatively easy to just swap out the prime feed on my Dillon from Large to Small and keep on going. I didn't know it was 'faux pas' to shoot spp in a match until it was pointed out to me in a rather rude way. Since then, I make sure that at least 25 of the rounds I shoot are spp.

No, you're not. As long as it goes bang and hits where I aim, I don't care what size primer it has. It is relatively easy to just swap out the prime feed on my Dillon from Large to Small and keep on going. I didn't know it was 'faux pas' to shoot spp in a match until it was pointed out to me in a rather rude way. Since then, I make sure that at least 25 of the rounds I shoot are spp.

Why would it be a 'faux pas'? I don't think anyone has a right to complain about what ammo you shoot in your own guns, especially if they're getting free brass.

I have been lucky lately - two weekend consecutive visits to an area I go shooting close to home yielded about 400 pieces of 9mm and on Sunday while out Jeeping & shooting I rounded a corner and saw the ground covered in .45, 9mm, .40 and .223. I picked up the .45 and 9mm and left the rest.

I have been lucky lately - two weekend consecutive visits to an area I go shooting close to home yielded about 400 pieces of 9mm and on Sunday while out Jeeping & shooting I rounded a corner and saw the ground covered in .45, 9mm, .40 and .223. I picked up the .45 and 9mm and left the rest.

A lot of "Black Friday" and Christmas brass?

I just got into reloading. My nice family bought me some various equipment for Christmas. Good score on the brass! I hope you use a broom and dust pan to collect it all or do you have some other fancy pickup tool? My back started hurting just thinking about it!

I use a big tarp works great!!

Stacy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads