JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you who currently hunt the "coy" dog, what do you do with the critter after they are shot?

Years ago I paid for a number of semesters of college by hunting coyotes. At that time the was a market for the hides and the state was paying a bounty, so it was possible to turn a small profit.

Is there still a market for the pelts? Do you just let them lie like other varmints and let the scavengers have an easy meal? Something else?

I'd like to get back into this along with my daughter who had taken a serious interest in shooting and hunting in particular. Any advice on public access areas in the SW Washington area would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance!

You could tan the hides and give them as presents. I had one as a kid that we tanned ourselves and loved it. Perhaps there's a Scout troop who would like projects to learn tanning.

There is a leather worker in the Washougal area who is learning tanning and she's doing quite well at it. She may enjoy a Yote hide to work on, if you want to give her one. Her name is Ashley and her business name is Knotty Hide Leather https://www.knottyhide.com/

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top