JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are you addicted to marijuana ? A yes answer and you can't buy a gun.

States start up state run Marijuana sales and all those buying with credit cards are leaving a record of purchase, at what point do they declare you an addict and you can't have a gun. Don't think the won't use gathered information against you.o_O

States start up state run Marijuana sales and all those buying with credit cards are leaving a record of purchase, at what point do they declare you an addict and you can't have a gun. Don't think the won't use gathered information against you.o_O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think you could buy a gun if you use marijuana at all? Since it's still a controlled substance in the eyes of the feds and that's a federal form...

I'm sure the government will try to sift through all your information, but let's hope they can only do it if there is reasonable suspicion. Although, maybe living in Oregon/Washington is "reasonable suspicion" enough for them.

You are right that if you use Marijuana in an unlawful manner you will be refused on the 4473. All the stores that sell legal pot will be state sanctioned with regular checks on sales to make sure the state gets their fair share of tax money on the drugs sold. It would be very easy to declare you a habitual user by checking how often you buy pot. All they need is a standard to describe habit say 4 buys a month and they could deny you a gun purchase.

It's actually 11.e

Here is one of the emails I sent to the Dems in the House . . .

A few short months before Oregonians gain the right to legally consume recreational marijuana, Senate Democrats declare an emergency and vote to strip "legal marijuana" users of their ability to obtain firearms. On passage, SB941 requires private firearms transfers to be carried out by a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder. This requires the transferee to fill out ATF form 4473.

On that form question 11.e reads "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

Answer yes and the FFL cannot tranfer the firearm to you - you are a prohibited person.

Answer no and you have "made a false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to this transaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal Law, and may violate State and/or local law."

So take your choice. "Legal Ganga" or Guns, but not both!

I'm sure the Libertarians and Independents won't hold it against you come next election. At least you better hope not, because the 2A democrats are rapidly leaving the party.

Best regards,

Grumpy

Marijuana isn't illegal anymore, is it? Granted the 4473 is a federal form and federally the pot is still illegal.

All the more reason we should do away with the BS 4473 form. I'll let those pot heads smoke away if they'll let me exercise my rights. Live and let live.

Marijuana isn't illegal anymore, is it? Granted the 4473 is a federal form and federally the pot is still illegal.

All the more reason we should do away with the BS 4473 form. I'll let those pot heads smoke away if they'll let me exercise my rights. Live and let live.

It why i started the thread with addiction, it's legal to smoke pot but if you are addicted you can not buy a gun. They can prove addiction by how much you buy on a credit card.

It why i started the thread with addiction, it's legal to smoke pot but if you are addicted you can not buy a gun. They can prove addiction by how much you buy on a credit card.

Do they allow people to use credit cards to obtain marijuana? It was my understanding that it has to be an all cash business due to the federal laws prohibiting facilititating the sale and distribution of marijuana as well as laundering drug money through the banking system.

-Perhaps things have changed or are different here but this was a problem with legalization in Colorado.

Do they allow people to use credit cards to obtain marijuana? It was my understanding that it has to be an all cash business due to the federal laws prohibiting facilititating the sale and distribution of marijuana as well as laundering drug money through the banking system.

-Perhaps things have changed or are different here but this was a problem with legalization in Colorado.

I doubt they will allow pot to be a all cash business unless there is corruption in who was awarded the sales. Cash is far to easy to to cheat the government and no real way to say how much was bought and sold for the money. It isn't like a laundromat that is all cash because there they can see if you are reporting income by checking the power you use.

Pot will be more like a bar that waters down the whiskey, all the extra dollars paid per bottle is hidden cash. All cash means corruption if it's government controlled.

Federal form.
ATF Form 4473 11e: said:
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug or any other controlled substance?
Dope is controlled on the federal level, ergo federal form... illegal. felony etc..

They can prosecute you as a felon for lying on a federal form.

Sure. Sounds good to me.

JO8ejil.png

MJ according to the FEDS is a Schedule 1 narcotic. NO USEFUL PURPOSE.
Therefore, any use is is a violation.

"Schedule I drugs are considered the most dangerous class of drugs with a high potential for abuse and potentially severe psychological and/or physical dependence."

Which are those is isn't a long list:
"heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote"

Well If drugs are worth losing your 2nd Amendment rights over... What can I say.
Shows you may not really value that right all that much :(
Until the feds change that law it is one hell of a huge risk and the left will try to use that every chance they get to take your gun rights away.o_Oo_O:s0109:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top