JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Uh boy.... WTAF?!?!

NY's new bill proposal will require the completion of a 4473 BGC in order to purchase a 3D printer capable of printing any firearm part or component. Sooo.... any store selling electronic goods will now have to be FFL's?? Online purchases have to be shipped through an FFL?? MFG's have to have firearm mfg license's and maintain serial number databases for tracking?? How the heck does a LGS record THAT on their log books?? (Pistol?, Rifle?, Other?)

Dumber and dumberest, but I wouldn't risk even 2-bits betting it won't pass. Someones gray matter has long since left the building!

Last Edited:
it says pass criminal background check- where are you getting anything about 4473s or FFLs ?
I had to undergo a CBG recently and it didn't involve either of those....

it says pass criminal background check- where are you getting anything about 4473s or FFLs ?
I had to undergo a CBG recently and it didn't involve either of those....
You may be right. I was "assuming" based on the mention of a BGC and being firearm related, but section 845-B (cited in the bill) appears to be a fingerprint FB-eye criminal history background check.

Which leads one to wonder... if the feebs won't do those checks for OR 114... because they will only do so for a gooberment agency... not an unspecified "or agents"... what makes NY think they will do fingerprint BGC's submitted by a best buy counter person or a costco sales associate?? (as if they care...)

It makes you wonder too under what criteria will a feeb fingerprint BGC be interpreted that would be considered disqualifying a person to purchase a firearm the same as under a 4473?

The other interesting part of 845-B is the 14 day BGC time period. Does that constitute a waiting period to buy a 3D printer?

:s0114: :s0114: :s0114: My Prusa 3d printer was purchased as a kit. Would the sale of "80%" 3d printer builds also be effected by this law? :s0140:

"§ 398-G. SALE OF CERTAIN THREE-DIMENSIONAL PRINTERS. 1. ANY RETAILER
OF A THREE-DIMENSIONAL PRINTER SOLD IN THIS STATE WHICH IS CAPABLE OF
PRINTING A FIREARM, OR ANY COMPONENTS OF A FIREARM,"

This is funny as ALL 3d printers have the ability to print some firearm component.

Will they establish another department of bureaucracy to administrate this bureaucratic silliness?

Next on the regulatory list will be any device that could be used to carve a gun component,. I guess carving a set of grips with a butter knife would be kind of difficult so butter knifes should be ok but... with patience I'm sure I could carve a set of grips using a pairing knife or just about any other household knife so... after 3d printers will "they" be coming for all the knifes just like England has?:rolleyes:

They will be going after books and online information that reference firearms next. I would also expect forums, such as this one, will become a bigger target. The leftists already tried it when they de-platformed the AR15 site a couple years ago.

They will be going after books and online information that reference firearms next. I would also expect forums, such as this one, will become a bigger target. The leftists already tried it when they de-platformed the AR15 site a couple years ago.
Before that, I'd expect them to go after desktop CNC machines as well as other machine tools (specific drill sizes, reamers, threaders/dies) and very likely metal cutting routers... like the 80% lower jigs themselves

1698859864940.png

Aloha, Mark

Nothing stops the signal
3d printer go....BBrrrrrrrrrrrr
CNC router go.... WWWrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I knew an FFL in CA who has lost half his eyesight to uncontrolled diabetes, and yet with the help of a friends machine shop was able to make .50 cal rifles for himself and others. If he can do it, anyone can do it.

Wow, LMAO, just so stupid... I hope those officers whose contact information is provided don't get spammed. :s0140:
Lots of interesting info.

pure unadulterated virtue signaling and fearmongering. This is not about passing a bill but pandering to a specific low information voter block. Whether the bill passes or not is irrelevant, as either outcome can be used to generate sound bites and shore up support.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top