JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One idea that has been bandied about. All Conservatives, Libertarians, Independents, Republicans etc., who are sick of the Dems in Oregon who have been hijacked by the anti-gun Progressives should Register as Democrat.
When I moved to Oregon, I switched from republican to unaffiliated. I still lean conservative, but feel the republicans need to re-earn my support. But... the same thought has crossed my mind as well... I don't even think many of the older democrats in Oregon would recognize their party today, compared to 50 years ago, if they gave it a hard look.

Koda Norm, I don't think anyone including me never said Kevin does not do a good job...... Does not matter why OFF cant do what is needed I understand the dynamics but that does not take away from the urgency to get the word out way better then we have.

All I've got to say is: get involved! Kevin is always having people with skills or time coming and going. Some don't stick around when they realize the work can actually be kinda boring (who wants to read legislative bills all day, or sit at a booth at a show saying the same thing over and over again with a happy smile glued to their face). So if you have a particular skill set, time on your hands, or just know how to organize and motivate people (any retired managers or marketing people out there?) I'm sure he could use DEDICATED people who are willing to stick around for awhile to help.

All I've got to say is: get involved! Kevin is always having people with skills or time coming and going. Some don't stick around when they realize the work can actually be kinda boring (who wants to read legislative bills all day, or sit at a booth at a show saying the same thing over and over again with a happy smile glued to their face). So if you have a particular skill set, time on your hands, or just know how to organize and motivate people (any retired managers or marketing people out there?) I'm sure he could use DEDICATED people who are willing to stick around for awhile to help.

I disagree,;) we have tried down here for decades to get a connection with OFF down here because of Prozasnki. ALL the focus in many lobbies is up north. And Prozanskins district is ignored . I know he does a good job in Salem don't get me wrong but hardly any attention is given in Prozanskis district. I means dang there are a few hundred thousands people in Prozankis district and we get 10K in signatures. Why I am glad there are enough there was not allot of attention down our way, the town I live in has about 10K and we are very small. We are pretty involved down here in our fight but we need help, yet in the district we needed support because its smack in Prozanskis district we got very little help at all sure everyone all over the state talked about it. But why was there no rallys down our way should have been one right in his district. I am not saying anyone particular but I have heard all last year and this year people need to be involved ? Last election for Prozasnki any rallys down here in his district. Nope, and yet again a recall and move to rally people. Where were all these people that said get involved they sure were not in his district.
OFF and the NRA has the pull to motivate masses, we do not have anything down here to motivate people every issue is always the north and never here. Our OK group has like 5 attendees and TP has like 15 members. So we have a small foot print in the scheme of things so we get no presence really here.
Oh except when Ceasefire decides to show upo_Oo_O . I am involved myself best I can with work and spend as much as I can talking and educating but we do not have any pull with the lobbying process and we are pretty much ignored down here a place that should have support without having to break someones arm.
I am not posting to bash OFF or the NRA I am saying in Prozankis disctrict we need some help !:(

There may be hope yet in getting a Prozanski recall. The Secretary of State has today dismissed the violations complaint filed against the signature gathers by that sham organization funded by two national gun control groups.

Now we have to wait for Monday, when the Secretary of State's Elections office will declare if enough of the signatures are valid to invoke the recall.

This is a positive sign. There may be hope yet that the Secretary of State's office will be honest. I've honestly doubted this process myself, but let's hope that I have been wrong in being so pessimistic.

We will have the final answer in just a few days as to whether the people will get the chance to vote.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...nt-against-prozanski-recall-campaign.html.csp

Angela Martin, a spokeswoman with Oregon Democracy Fund, a nonprofit agency backed by two national gun control groups that filed the complaint, said she wasn't "100 percent thrilled with the ruling."

The Secretary of State's office "took a very narrow view of its role in protecting the (signature-gathering) process," she said.

"I consider (the voluntary signature disqualification) a half-step. The full step would have been for them to prove that all their other signatures were legally collected," Martin said.

Martin acknowledged that it's now "entirely in the realm of possibility" that a recall vote could occur.

"If that's the case, we will be ready," she said.

If the recall qualifies for the ballot, the recall election would be held in Prozanski's district by October 23, at the latest. The election would cost between $100,000 and $134,000, the Secretary of State's office estimates.

Wonder what the "Oregon Democracy Fund, a nonprofit agency backed by two national gun control groups" has spent and will spend if the Signatures are deemed valid?
What does "We will be ready" mean?
Democracy Fund my butt! Sounds like just the opposite. The Progs love to twist the language.

The bummer part of all this is even if Prozanski is successfully tossed out it's law that another member of the same party of the recalled politician (a democrat) has to be appointed by the commissioners of the affected county(ies).... :(

But the message it sends would be strong.

The Secretary of State's office "took a very narrow view of its role in protecting the (signature-gathering) process," she said.

what about the sabatoge attempts aimed at the recall signature collectors? Then Prozanski has the gall to claim abuse of the recall law when he abused the emergency clause to force pass SB941.

one of the reasons I strongly support gun rights is because of how decietful, lying, backstabbing, dishonest the gun control community is. We collected the signatures fair and square......

phuking hypocrits

What does "We will be ready" mean?
Democracy Fund my butt! Sounds like just the opposite. The Progs love to twist the language.

Dude, it is SHAM organization. It is simply a fake front for these out of state gun control groups that are funding their efforts.

It really is amazing that so much out of state money is being targeted at taking away the gun rights of Oregonians. If the recall is indeed allowed, this should be a central argument illustrating how this legislation was so unfairly rammed down the throats of the people.

With Prozanski himself acting as the ring master for the this entire circus!!

Ringmaster-courtesy-Bertrand-Guay_Big-Apple-Circus.jpg

The bummer part of all this is even if Prozanski is successfully tossed out it's law that another member of the same party of the recalled politician (a democrat) has to be appointed by the commissioners of the affected county(ies).... :(

4 of the 5 Lane County Commissioners are Republicans. The majority of Douglas County Commissioners are Republicans too. So if what you say here is true, then the Democrats will really be screwed.

Hard to see how any replacement could be worse that that Pompous creep.

You are oh so very right about that. Remember this key fact: Prozanski is the CHAIRMAN of the SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE. He has a lot of seniority and rank within the party.

He has also abused his position as Chairman of the Judiciary in the past, in order to block pro-gun rights legislation.

Don't you remember back in 2011 when the Oregon House voted OVERWHELMINGLY to make the database of Oregon's CHL holders private, and not available to the public or press? Well, guess what happened? The bill was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee, which Prozanski controls. And just what did the %@$#*&*^ Prozanski do???

He never allowed a committee hearing on the bill. He totally abused his power as Committee Chairman, to kill the legislation in his committee, and prevent any vote on it from taking place in the Senate, where a clear majority was in favor of passing it.

Prozanski is one of the very worst enemies that Oregon gun owners have in Salem.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2011/03/oregon_house_votes_to_keep_gun.html

6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg

The effort to recall anti-rights extremist, Floyd Prozanski , had another victory today.

The Secretary of State dismissed, at least temporarily, a specious complaint filed by Bloomberg stooges.

The complainants are part of the well funded New York machine that has been working overtime to undermine the rights of Oregonians in exchange for a paycheck from ex New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Bloomberg sent his hired hacks into locations that had recall petitions where they attempted to trick petition gatherers into making minor, technical mistakes (like walking away from petition sheets for a moment) so they could file complaints against the recall campaign.

Today, in spite of Bloomberg's millions, the Secretary of State said:

"After a review of the information submitted, the Elections Division has insufficient evidence to indicate a violation of election law for the signature allegations outlined above."

The anti-rights fringe has an unlimited checkbook thanks to Bloomberg, but they have not been able to spend enough to crush the spirit of Oregonians who have stood against the tide of the leftists that are trying to steal every right Oregonians and Americans cherish.

We have a long way to go and we may not have an official count of signatures on the recall campaign until Monday. But for every one of you who has signed or contributed to this effort, we thank you. We have come much farther than the establishment ever thought we could.

If you would like to help us continue this fight, please click here.

Even if the recall effort goes through and heads to the ballot, Bloomberg's billions will buy so much advertising time that it will make your head spin. The only way for him to lose would be for the pro-recall folks to get equal time on the airwaves. Preaching to the choir on sites like these might get out some more of the conservatives, but if they can't convince the other side to either stay home, or to vote for the recall, it's gonna be an uphill fight.

elsie

The independents and dems tried that very same concept during the last legislative cycle. There was crying and moaning that everyone should have a say in what goes on in every party. Not just the one in which they were registered. I guess it goes along with the motor voter law and everyone, citizen or not, having the right to vote. Heck, might as well come on over to the house and help us decide what flowers to plant, what to have for dinner, discuss schools for our kids, and anything else that involves us but not you.

So how long before we hear if the signatures are validated?

OPB reports it's over. Floyd stays.
http://www.opb.org/news/article/eugene-sen-prosanski-recall-effort-narrowly-fails/

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top