JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Secretary of State will also be part of the upcoming special election. Remember well what happens next and refuse to take it laying down.

like these guys.... <broken link removed>

(I actually know nothing about them other than that link....)
I agree with your thinking Koda. I marked this as a favorite and will follow the forum for a while and see how it goes. I've felt for a long time that there are a lot of Dems in this country that do not go along with the Dem leadership, but can't convince themselves to come over to the Republican side as they have been life long Democratic good American citizens as I grew up with this thinking and this is also a Republican party failing for not trying to bring them in under the "tent", prefaced by the fact that the Republican party sucks just as much at this point in time and I would be a libertarian except that I want to vote in the primaries. The only reason that I switched to Republican is I can't support any party that is against the 2A and so that makes me a one issue voter, Period. Too bad, but that's the facts of the case.

(Not a single other "gun rights organization" contributed a dime or so much as an email. Even the Republican Party refused to support this battle.)

ISNT THIS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING..WHEN I HAVE BEEN OPENLY AGAINST THE NRA'S LACK OF SUPPORT & SUGGESTING EVERYONE SUPPORT OTHER ORGANIZATIONS LIKE THE "OFF ORGANIZATION"

& THEN I GET RAT PACKED HERE BY THE NRA SYCOPHANTS CALLING ME AN ANTI OR BLOOMBERGS MINION

YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP TO OREGON THERE BOYS!
WITH YOUR CHEST POUNDING & BELITTLING OTHERS FOR THE NRA.

(Not a single other "gun rights organization" contributed a dime or so much as an email. Even the Republican Party refused to support this battle.)

ISNT THIS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING..WHEN I HAVE BEEN OPENLY AGAINST THE NRA'S LACK OF SUPPORT & SUGGESTING EVERYONE SUPPORT OTHER ORGANIZATIONS LIKE THE "OFF ORGANIZATION"

& THEN I GET RAT PACKED HERE BY THE NRA SYCOPHANTS CALLING ME AN ANTI OR BLOOMBERGS MINION

YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP TO OREGON THERE BOYS!
WITH YOUR CHEST POUNDING & BELITTLING OTHERS FOR THE NRA.

I agree with your assessment of the NRA when I compare what they are doing in other states and then the dismal show here ( my opinion), however why OFF is awesome they were a small part very small part of the battle this year. There were thousands of small groups, ranges gun clubs, Sheriffs and many more that not only wrote but did testimony. I am not a OFF groupie I know I know many just love the organization, personally I think OFF does a good job at lobby work. But really falls in my opinion in the education to the novice. If one knows OFF and guns rights then one probably likes OFF, but if you like firearms and have no idea about rights OFF in my opinion truly misses getting to the masses. And this is troubling being the Antis succeed at the masses and work hard to train the public to fear firearms.
I know a gun store owner that has been in business same place 30 years and has no idea who OFF is.
Most my family own firearms, 90% had no idea what is 941 and about half never heard of OFF and are homegrowns here.
Bloomy did a great job getting to the masses and in my opinion last years elections should have been hit much harder then they were. Prozanski's District sits largely in allot of conservative areas I was shock he was relected knowing what he pulled earlier 2014 with SB941's little brother.
Thats my take, hate it love it or disagree.

I agree with your assessment of the NRA when I compare what they are doing in other states and then the dismal show here ( my opinion), however why OFF is awesome they were a small part very small part of the battle this year. There were thousands of small groups, ranges gun clubs, Sheriffs and many more that not only wrote but did testimony. I am not a OFF groupie I know I know many just love the organization, personally I think OFF does a good job at lobby work. But really falls in my opinion in the education to the novice. If one knows OFF and guns rights then one probably likes OFF, but if you like firearms and have no idea about rights OFF in my opinion truly misses getting to the masses. And this is troubling being the Antis succeed at the masses and work hard to train the public to fear firearms.
I know a gun store owner that has been in business same place 30 years and has no idea who OFF is.
Most my family own firearms, 90% had no idea what is 941 and about half never heard of OFF and are homegrowns here.
Bloomy did a great job getting to the masses and in my opinion last years elections should have been hit much harder then they were. Prozanski's District sits largely in allot of conservative areas I was shock he was relected knowing what he pulled earlier 2014 with SB941's little brother.
Thats my take, hate it love it or disagree.
Well, Kevin is only 1 guy. He gets volunteers, but his non-profit is an actual non-profit, you don't see him running around buying hair cream with a million dollar salary like the french guy running the NRA.

Last Edited:
I am not a OFF groupie I know I know many just love the organization, personally I think OFF does a good job at lobby work. But really falls in my opinion in the education to the novice. If one knows OFF and guns rights then one probably likes OFF, but if you like firearms and have no idea about rights OFF in my opinion truly misses getting to the masses. And this is troubling being the Antis succeed at the masses and work hard to train the public to fear firearms.
OFF does outreach and educates, if a gun owner doesn't know about OFF this isn't the fault of OFF its the fault of the many many Oregon gun owners who don't follow gun politics or care about their rights. Many people buy a gun for the home or maybe to hunt with and then go on with their lives... I can see this with an individual, but somethings wrong with a gun store owner who has no idea...

Koda Norm, I don't think anyone including me never said Kevin does not do a good job.
And if Kevin is still just one guy at OFF there is something very wrong as they used to have many volunteers at Gun shows and have signups and educational material or showing up down my way in almost ten years or so.

Koda, I think you made my point this shop owner is very well known around here I know him and one day earlier this year was just talking to him and he said no I had not heard of OFF. I asked him if he was going to do private sales a month ago and he said huh? I will disagree in the education system working or doing anything. OFF reaches its members and people like us in this group and educates them and that awesom. But it does not outreach. Our county is one of the most conservative in all Oregon and yet people do not know about OFF and SB941 that is not good at all.

I like both you guys and respect what you both post, but the bottom line was Ceasefire Oregon went town to town in 2014 - 2015 setting up gun training seminars and OFF did not. The way OFF works you have to know about OFF for the education to help. Ceasefire went out and educated people and that was horrible. They were here locally in the public library and I wanted to barf.

Koda and Norm if you get anything from my post please get this.
If Kevin of OFF is one person, if they do not train the masses on gun safety and use in Oregon.
Then you and I know the antis will. Does not matter why OFF cant do what is needed I understand the dynamics but that does not take away from the urgency to get the word out way better then we have.

Hopper.

I don't see how pissing and moaning about what the NRA or OFF (or any other organization) did or did not do is going to help get Prozanski recalled. Let's please keep this thread on topic because we will need to stay focused and not let the ball drop by sideshow distractions.

I you do want to discuss the shortcomings/wrongdoings of the NRA or any other organization with respect to gun rights, please open a thread for that specific discussion. Regardless of your stance it is a valid subject.

Hopper, I hear what your saying and there is truth in that. I think OFF really isn't that big of an organization especially compared to the opposition. Something to consider is whenever someone is trying to keep others from taking something away they are always on the defensive and there isnt anything you can do for an offensive. Apply this to a community or political cause its the same thing, you cant take action until your attacked. FWIW I learned about OFF from one of their booths at a gun show.

I don't see how pissing and moaning about what the NRA or OFF (or any other organization) did or did not do is going to help get Prozanski recalled. Let's please keep this thread on topic because we will need to stay focused and not let the ball drop by sideshow distractions.
I you do want to discuss the shortcomings/wrongdoings of the NRA or any other organization with respect to gun rights, please open a thread for that specific discussion. Regardless of your stance it is a valid subject.

I agree, I think the point is to note that Prozansi's minions are pulling the wool over Oregonians even in this recall and they are force feeding their own education, to counter what Prozanski crew is doing my inquires are to exactly what that is ? I also agree whether some one likes or dislikes a particular group work or lack of should have it own thread. I apologies for my deviation from the OP topic. :)

You are spot on. The main focus many times gets lost real quick.

I agree with your thinking Koda. I marked this as a favorite and will follow the forum for a while and see how it goes. I've felt for a long time that there are a lot of Dems in this country that do not go along with the Dem leadership, but can't convince themselves to come over to the Republican side as they have been life long Democratic good American citizens as I grew up with this thinking and this is also a Republican party failing for not trying to bring them in under the "tent", prefaced by the fact that the Republican party sucks just as much at this point in time and I would be a libertarian except that I want to vote in the primaries. The only reason that I switched to Republican is I can't support any party that is against the 2A and so that makes me a one issue voter, Period. Too bad, but that's the facts of the case.
One idea that has been bandied about. All Conservatives, Libertarians, Independents, Republicans etc., who are sick of the Dems in Oregon who have been hijacked by the anti-gun Progressives should Register as Democrat.
Then in the Primaries, support the least bad on gun issues Dem candidate.
Later vote for whoever is the least bad. Probably won't be the Dem but if the plan worked maybe he/she would be!o_O

One idea that has been bandied about. All Conservatives, Libertarians, Independents, Republicans etc., who are sick of the Dems in Oregon who have been hijacked by the anti-gun Progressives should Register as Democrat.
Then in the Primaries, support the least bad on gun issues Dem candidate.
Later vote for whoever is the least bad. Probably won't be the Dem but if the plan worked maybe he/she would be!o_O

You know... that almost makes perfect sense, but then my wife would always have to wear a T-shirt during the primaries that says, "I'm with stupid". o_O

The independents and dems tried that very same concept during the last legislative cycle. There was crying and moaning that everyone should have a say in what goes on in every party. Not just the one in which they were registered. I guess it goes along with the motor voter law and everyone, citizen or not, having the right to vote. Heck, might as well come on over to the house and help us decide what flowers to plant, what to have for dinner, discuss schools for our kids, and anything else that involves us but not you.

So how long before we hear if the signatures are validated?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top