JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heard On Lars Larson speaking with a spokesperson who is involved with the recall that they are more than half way there. They need more people to gather signatures, more people signing than available signature gatherers.

That is great news. :s0155:

There was a line at the Republican booth at the last day of the fair to sign both petitions, and one to get voter approval for toll roads. Although I admire the effort and enthusiasm to remove a very anti 2A Gov, IMHO it seems like time, money and effort would be better spent finding a GREAT candidate for the next election that would be pro 2A. I've asked several volunteers at different booths what happens if the Gov is recalled. None knew. I had several, "I think...", all with various answers. The last person we spoke to at the GOP booth had a good clue which was refreshing.

I keep hearing that it will send a message...only if we have a good candidate for the next election. IF she is recalled and successfully removed from office, the person appointed (EXTREMELY likely not to be 2A friendly either and now with a grudge) will be able to run as an incumbent. So the field of opponents will narrow to likely one with all the money going to them.

I admire attacking with the Queen, but this is a chess game and we need to be thinking 8 moves ahead. Respect to all the efforts and those volunteering as well.
We are not going to find a candidate in Oregon capable of beating a Democrat. It does not matter who is the Democrat. Multnomah county is going to vote for anybody as long as he/she is a Democrat. If I remember correctly, Brown got 93% in Portland. So the question is what to do? The answer is to make them busy defending their power instead of advancing their agenda. Recall is one of those moves. It is temporary even if it is successful but that is what we got so far

There was a line at the Republican booth at the last day of the fair to sign both petitions, and one to get voter approval for toll roads. Although I admire the effort and enthusiasm to remove a very anti 2A Gov, IMHO it seems like time, money and effort would be better spent finding a GREAT candidate for the next election that would be pro 2A. I've asked several volunteers at different booths what happens if the Gov is recalled. None knew. I had several, "I think...", all with various answers. The last person we spoke to at the GOP booth had a good clue which was refreshing.

I keep hearing that it will send a message...only if we have a good candidate for the next election. IF she is recalled and successfully removed from office, the person appointed (EXTREMELY likely not to be 2A friendly either and now with a grudge) will be able to run as an incumbent. So the field of opponents will narrow to likely one with all the money going to them.

I admire attacking with the Queen, but this is a chess game and we need to be thinking 8 moves ahead. Respect to all the efforts and those volunteering as well.
The real question going forward, is WHO is the person in line for the job, as Kate specifically forbid the Sec State ( Her old job) from being appointed as her replacement, SO........................
WHO is next in the line of succession? We don't get to choose, it has to be some one in the system, but It cannot be a House or Senate member, so that is reassuring!

I looked into that; from this OPB article:

Then there is the matter of what would happen if Brown were actually recalled. Normally, the Secretary of State would ascend to the office, but the constitution likely prevents that in this case.

Secretary of State Bev Clarno was appointed to her seat by Brown after the death of fellow Republican Dennis Richardson earlier this year. Even Clarno believes that, as an appointee, she's barred from taking over for Brown. If that's correct, State Treasurer Tobias Read, a Democrat, would ascend.

Line of succession for Governor from the Oregon Constitution:

Section 8a. Vacancy in office of Governor. In case of the removal from office of the Governor, or of his death, resignation, or disability to discharge the duties of his office as prescribed by law, the Secretary of State; or if there be none, or in case of his removal from office, death, resignation, or disability to discharge the duties of his office as prescribed by law, then the State Treasurer; or if there be none, or in case of his removal from office, death, resignation, or disability to discharge the duties of his office as prescribed by law, then the President of the Senate; or if there be none, or in case of his removal from office, death, resignation, or disability to discharge the duties of his office as prescribed by law, then the Speaker of the House of Representatives, shall become Governor until the disability be removed, or a Governor be elected at the next general biennial election. The Governor elected to fill the vacancy shall hold office for the unexpired term of the outgoing Governor. The Secretary of State or the State Treasurer shall appoint a person to fill his office until the election of a Governor, at which time the office so filled by appointment shall be filled by election; or, in the event of a disability of the Governor, to be Acting Secretary of State or Acting State Treasurer until the disability be removed. The person so appointed shall not be eligible to succeed to the office of Governor by automatic succession under this section during the term of his appointment. [Created through initiative petition filed July 7, 1972, and adopted by the people Nov. 7, 1972 (this section adopted in lieu of former section 8 of this Article)]

My understanding is that because the Secretary of State was appointed it then moved to the State Treasurer. What do we know about Tobias Read?

We are not going to find a candidate in Oregon capable of beating a Democrat. It does not matter who is the Democrat. Multnomah county is going to vote for anybody as long as he/she is a Democrat. If I remember correctly, Brown got 93% in Portland. So the question is what to do? The answer is to make them busy defending their power instead of advancing their agenda. Recall is one of those moves. It is temporary even if it is successful but that is what we got so far

Respect that view. You may be correct. But there have been some surprises before. If one side goes WAAAAY left (possible) and a pro 2A candidate that brings something to look at in the middle runs (i.e. you smoke your dope, let us have our guns)...I'll hold out hope.

My other problem with Kate Brown is that Oregon's Future is biding time in her grotesquely underperforming bureaucratic "schools. Right now. 4 families with school age kids on my block. 2 moved away to other states citing (and I quote, "the shjtty schools here"), 1 is paying for private school and I haven't met the newbies yet. I hope they didn't move here thinking their kids would get a decent cookie-cutter education.

Of course I signed.

I know it is a long shot, but wouldn't it be ever so hilarious if she was tossed out of office? :D

gov-brown-257x300-jpg.jpg

(Flush!)

There are 2 separate petitioners. It confuses the issue, but there are 2 recall efforts going on at the same time. So yes, you can sign both. There is another thread on this somewhere.

The gentlemen collecting the signatures said the required number of signatures increased due to the number of votes in the last election for governor. The minimum requirement is percentage based from the last election count from when she was voted in.

Find that petition and sign it if you haven't already.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top