JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even if the recall effort goes through and heads to the ballot, Bloomberg's billions will buy so much advertising time that it will make your head spin. The only way for him to lose would be for the pro-recall folks to get equal time on the airwaves. Preaching to the choir on sites like these might get out some more of the conservatives, but if they can't convince the other side to either stay home, or to vote for the recall, it's gonna be an uphill fight.

elsie
Hmm... That might be an opportunity to just point out to the general public about meddling outsiders pouring in millions to influence Oregonian elections. Always trying to make lemonade out of the lemons.....

I disagree,;) we have tried down here for decades to get a connection with OFF down here because of Prozasnki.

I hear you. And it can be tough. The hard truth is that they may not be able to provide the leadership your seeking, and will most likely have to create that yourselves. It's pretty hard, but try and stick with it. I think it's a worthy and noble cause.

You might try a few books on how to become better activists. A good starting point might be the "rules for radicals" (free on the internet), followed by "Rules for Radicals, defeated", to give you a good snapshot of how the progressives make progress.

I hear you. And it can be tough. The hard truth is that they may not be able to provide the leadership your seeking, and will most likely have to create that yourselves. It's pretty hard, but try and stick with it. I think it's a worthy and noble cause.
You might try a few books on how to become better activists. A good starting point might be the "rules for radicals" (free on the internet), followed by "Rules for Radicals, defeated", to give you a good snapshot of how the progressives make progress.

Hi there and thank you for the ideas. I am a lifer at the NRA and have given to OFF but stopped last year. Its hard because we want to support OFF as a whole, but in doing so we seem to be failing locally because of lack of contact here. I know allot of OFF members locally here which is why many of us down here are discouraged when south Lane county and north Douglas are pretty much ignored and so happens to be where Prozanski sells his crap :) .
Why you are right they may not be able to provide leadership but of all places they should be proactive is here. Its not like we are an obsolete county that does not affect things we do and having the most liberal rabid dog in Oregon living free and wild with little or no resistance where he lives does floor me and many I know. I keep thinking if we cant get help from OFF and the NRA here in the devils backyard then where ?

Hi there and thank you for the ideas. I am a lifer at the NRA and have given to OFF but stopped last year. Its hard because we want to support OFF as a whole, but in doing so we seem to be failing locally because of lack of contact here. I know allot of OFF members locally here which is why many of us down here are discouraged when south Lane county and north Douglas are pretty much ignored and so happens to be where Prozanski sells his crap :) .
Why you are right they may not be able to provide leadership but of all places they should be proactive is here. Its not like we are an obsolete county that does not affect things we do and having the most liberal rabid dog in Oregon living free and wild with little or no resistance where he lives does floor me and many I know. I keep thinking if we cant get help from OFF and the NRA here in the devils backyard then where ?

Isnt OFF just Kevin though? Perhaps Im wrong but I thought that the whole organization was just him and his web designer.

This is really galling. They don't actually take the time to verify if the signatures are valid. They simply take a few "statistical samplings", and then apply those results to the entire batch.

It is the easiest thing in the world to lie and cheat using statistics.

Therw is a really famous Mark Twain quote on the subject, where he is quoted as saying:

"There are three kinds of lies: ordinary lies, damned lies and statistics."

Last Edited:
This is really galling. They don't actually take the time to verify if the signatures are valid. They simply take a few "statistical samplings", and then apply those results to the entire batch.

It is the easiest thing in the world to lie and cheat using statistics.

Their is a really famous Mark Twain quote on the subject, where he is quoted as saying:

"There are three kinds of lies: ordinary lies, damned lies and statistics."

As the resident libtard I must say I agree.

Justice has not been done, the democrat's are playing the same game they played on the hearings of 941. They claimed there were only a little over 2,000 emails against 941 when in fact OFF stated there were over 4.000 emails sent using their email message. LIE'S all around.

I am not shocked that they have disqualified signatures. I would have been more surprised if they had found enough valid ones. Because, as they say, the "fix is in".
You should have had a bunch of illegal aliens sign the petition. There is no way they would have
disqualified those.

If the recall fails, get him voted out of office next election. The fight is not over yet.

NWGlockgal. Can we afford to give in to them without fighting this with more determination now ?
Definitely not, which is why I said "if the recall fails". The false finding of invalid signatures should be fought and a recount demanded. If that is legally possible. However, given the liberal climate here, they
may ignore the will of the people and disallow the petition. In which case, the next step is to get him voted
out of office.

What worries me is all the flaunting of violating SB941 is going to be ammo for registration in 2017. I can see Floyd up there now... "You have all the criminals, selling guns to other criminals without a background check and posting it on the interwebz. We MUST punish these people! MY MY WILL IS THE ONLY GOD! OBEY ME OR DIE PUNY OREGONIANS!"

We have to make a hard effort in the next elections.

about 18% of 10027 signatures rejected as duplicates or out of district..... seems a lot, I'm not buying it my hunch is OFF saw this coming and worked hard to get more than enough signatures to be cut short by a mere 206 signatures.

My feelings are the same Koda, no matter what the total was the democrat's were going to say it wasn't enough. It was figured from the start they were not going to let their boy take a hit even if they had to lie and cheat to do so. But then that is what they do the best.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top