JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's been a rash of catalytic converter thefts in my complex lately. From what I understand though, I can't really protect my property with a gun. I'd have to go confront them and then see a weapon to draw and then defend myself. So I guess I'm supposed to sit inside and call the police while they saw away. While I'm not looking for conflict that seems pretty lame. I need the vehicle for work. Something these people clearly aren't worried about. Whatever. Not worth doing jail time over a car. :confused:
There was a recent article on a guy in park rose neighborhood I think it was that caught the cat thieves in the act and held them at gunpoint until the cops arrived. Was maybe 3-4 weeks ago. It's mentioned in another thread. Found it, here is the thread:

There was a recent article on a guy in park rose neighborhood I think it was that caught the cat thieves in the act and held them at gunpoint until the cops arrived. Was maybe 3-4 weeks ago. It's mentioned in another thread. Found it, here is the thread:
Yeah i totally forgot.. Not sure if the same incident but a few days after my brothers was stolen. There was a article on the news about a crim caught stealing a cat RIGHT infront of the automotive shop. The workers (maybe owners) confronted him at gun point. They subdued him and were holding him for police to arrive. I guess at some point they put the gun away. And took up a jack handle for defense. The crim ended up pulling a knife and stabbing both of them..
Was at least within past couple weeks somewhere in puget sound area. Maybe about a week ago?
What a shame!
Dude was "subdued" again with the jack handle from what i understood.

We actually get over $1000 for a used gen 2 prius cat. People were buying brand new cats from the toyota dealership and selling them and making a few hundred on them so theives spending 5 min to make over 1k is a good return on investment.
I read an article a few weeks back where someone in Portland caught 2 people stealing his cat and he did confront them with a gun and held them til the popo arrived. Didn't say anything about guy getting in trouble for holding them at gunpoint

One Less Of Them thanks To China made Jacks
Went from high jack, to low jack, to jack off in no time, flat!

He had his whole life in front of him, and some faulty equipment just crushed his hopes and dreams...and him too, of course.

When he was finally found the next morning, I wonder if he made a last confession...you know, just to get it off his chest.

There was a story about a police officer a few days ago. He lifted a car off a woman by himself to save her life. And she wasn't trying to steal stuff.

Wonder if the car will have to go on trial, or win the JD Powers award?

Don't think it matters if that jack had a lifetime warranty or not.

Went from high jack, to low jack, to jack off in no time, flat!

He had his whole life in front of him, and some faulty equipment just crushed his hopes and dreams...and him too, of course.

When he was finally found the next morning, I wonder if he made a last confession...you know, just to get it off his chest.

There was a story about a police officer a few days ago. He lifted a car off a woman by himself to save her life. And she wasn't trying to steal stuff.

Wonder if the car will have to go on trial, or win the JD Powers award?

Don't think it matters if that jack had a lifetime warranty or not.
Lifetime warranty.
Got me grinnin

Look at all those Prius. Target rich environment.
Had the videographer shot the perp with the torch, there would not have been any protests. But hey, as he said, "what can you do?"
Did the news channel T-Head, in his final sentence, say "it was not insured." ?

Yeah that's even more frustrating and difficult living in an apartment complex. Best advice I can give is invest in a catalytic converter cage or try something creative to thwart them.

I'm near SE 92nd Ave and Division and I've scared away two different catalytic converter thieves over the past three months so far; not just in front of this house but also the neighbors driveways as well that I can see on my cameras (not intentionally pointing at them but they just happen to be in the view of the cameras). Both times between the hours of 1am and 4am, and both times I greeted them with my bright flashlight in hand and AR on my side. Of course not my first thought or intent to shoot anyone, but it's there just in case. With all the huge increase of shootings happening now, not taking any chances, and my property is my property. Always have the advantage and stay safe. Most times you can just scare them away. I also don't call cops so there is that also.

That's me though. Put the fear in them and those scumbags usually leave you alone. I for one refuse to be a soft target.

Stay safe out there ya'll.

"There wasn't anything we could do."
Lol

Hmm, assuming someone didn't want to shoot the blow torch attacker, perhaps a shotgun blast or two to the radiator of their van to disable it until police arrive?

I suppose u could always shoot out the tires in addition. But then you potentially have stuff bouncing off pavement which could be unpredictable. Probably just stab the tires I suppose but get all 4. They couldn't get far on 4 flats, no radiator, and likely fan belt/pulleys etc. gone as well. I'm gonna have to start carrying my spear point blade for this purpose.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads