JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah that's even more frustrating and difficult living in an apartment complex. Best advice I can give is invest in a catalytic converter cage or try something creative to thwart them.

I'm near SE 92nd Ave and Division and I've scared away two different catalytic converter thieves over the past three months so far; not just in front of this house but also the neighbors driveways as well that I can see on my cameras (not intentionally pointing at them but they just happen to be in the view of the cameras). Both times between the hours of 1am and 4am, and both times I greeted them with my bright flashlight in hand and AR on my side. Of course not my first thought or intent to shoot anyone, but it's there just in case. With all the huge increase of shootings happening now, not taking any chances, and my property is my property. Always have the advantage and stay safe. Most times you can just scare them away. I also don't call cops so there is that also.

That's me though. Put the fear in them and those scumbags usually leave you alone. I for one refuse to be a soft target.

Stay safe out there ya'll.
hook up a electric fence power unit on it hose down the car & the ground under the car

Yeah that's even more frustrating and difficult living in an apartment complex. Best advice I can give is invest in a catalytic converter cage or try something creative to thwart them.

I'm near SE 92nd Ave and Division and I've scared away two different catalytic converter thieves over the past three months so far; not just in front of this house but also the neighbors driveways as well that I can see on my cameras (not intentionally pointing at them but they just happen to be in the view of the cameras). Both times between the hours of 1am and 4am, and both times I greeted them with my bright flashlight in hand and AR on my side. Of course not my first thought or intent to shoot anyone, but it's there just in case. With all the huge increase of shootings happening now, not taking any chances, and my property is my property. Always have the advantage and stay safe. Most times you can just scare them away. I also don't call cops so there is that also.

That's me though. Put the fear in them and those scumbags usually leave you alone. I for one refuse to be a soft target.

Stay safe out there ya'll.
They say it'll be less likely to be stole if you paint it blavk w hi temp.. they have to remove all the paint to sell it..

They say it'll be less likely to be stole if you paint it blavk w hi temp.. they have to remove all the paint to sell it..
Ceramic paints like BBQ paint or stove paint. Cerakote is REALLY high temp. Theres air dry variety.. They would damn near have to chip it off.
Good tip there to paint it.

I think nowadays i would just remove it myself. Straight pipe it. We don't do emissions anymore so its kinda pointless. There should be any sensors after it. You have a upstream and downstream o2 before the cat.

Most these people don't even run or stop what they are doing now. they know they can be done and gone before the law shows up ,if they show up at all .And if they go to jail they will be released the same day. Oregon was going to make some legislation to stop the cat theft. It would put more hassle on the scrap buyer of coarse

Last Edited:
God i hope they get these peice of feces and quarter and draw them.
Ya i hope everyone was alright. Sucks to see.
Wish those folks could have stopped them and saved the rest of us from their further blight on humanity.
Looking like the wild west out there.

Many years ago one of my brothers friends had his car seats stolen, he drove around the blocks near his house and found someone installing his seats in their car. He proceeded to get in a fight. (Kinda stupid i know)
Now seeing how both parties know where the other lives they all proceeded to call their friends (i know i know..:rolleyes: these aren't my friends for a reason!) both groups meet on the street like retards to what settle it i guess. Not sure if i ever if they actually fought or not im guessing no. As they are leaving though both groups are walking away and the one guy was walking backwards watching the other group. Sure enough one starts pulling a gun. So he pulls his para .45 and starts shooting. He trips walking backwards, still shooting falling (and probably as he hits the ground) keeps firing. The dude who first drew from the other party got his foot clean blown off from the .45 in self defense. Im pretty sure the whole block was watching this go down, many witnesses saw the other guy draw first. No charges..
Hopefully hoppy learned a good lesson. Im certain tons of people did that day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top