JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
But hey - Don't call it, "De-funded Police." That's just silly.

You get 10 shots.
Make 'em count. :rolleyes:

Seems like whenever Cities/Counties cannot get funding their go to is cutting essential services in an effort to stir the TV watchers into action.

Seems like whenever Cities/Counties cannot get funding their go to is cutting essential services in an effort to stir the TV watchers into action.
Hey now...
We scored these!

BUllet Barrier.jpg

What States Need is Zero County Administers / City Administers Glorified Secretary's look up there base Pay it will Piss you the Eff off ,Gubberment is the Problem not the solution We need to privatize all Services then the tax payer won't have all the Bloated & out of control spending we have now . It should be run like a business if it doesn't save the tax payer money axe it.
Like when you roll up on a Road crew at 9Am and there's 5 vehicles and everyone is sitting in the trucks drive by 4 hours later and they are still all sitting in the trucks .

JMO

Just read about this, freaking crazy. Will you who live there get any kind of tax reduction? They have a shortage of people (I wonder why, LOL) but probably not a shortage of $$$. I know this is generally the case as police agencies, regardless of what you believe about defunding, typically have $ in the budget for officers. Hope this ends well for the residents up there.

And as I have said many times, this is why the "crime rate" will appear to be falling under terrible administration (not by the LEO but looney government policies). No reports are taken so the crimes did not happen...right. Self reporting / counter reports may be available in some locations but will be underutilized so crime rates fall. The idiots that caused this mess will take credit for lower crime. Facepalm the size of Alaska.

Everything woke goes to...well, who didn't see that coming? I just hope the criminals somehow miss this? Wonder if writing tickets are a low priority?

Did they drop a few judges or lawyers from the books? Seems like fewer would be needed 🤔.

I really hope people don't have the memory of a goldfish come election time. Within a 2 year cycle Washington (like the rest of the west) has fallen farther than one could dream.

Say it this way (and mind you that I am a retired LEO).......

Q : Would I recommend the job to my family members?

Nope.

Especially now, in today's world.

Aloha, Mark

Say it this way (and mind you that I am a retired LEO).......

Q : Would I recommend the job to my family members?

Nope.

Especially now, in today's world.

Aloha, Mark
Retired June 1st. Couldn't move away from the state I grew up in quickly enough! NO regrets. I tell everyone to steer clear of LE work as well. Not with the lunatics in charge...

Clark County, WA: File a Crime Report On Line. I used the on-line reporting tool a few weeks ago to document minor property damage/vandalism by a houseless person.

My intent was to (at least) generate a statistic without wasting a deputy's time. I already knew there was little investigative potential, no chance of prosecution, and less than zero potential to recover for damages. Mission accomplished, apparently, because CCSO sent me an email to confirm receipt and provide an incident/case number (in case I needed it for filing a "please raise my premium" insurance claim).

My daughters' jeep was stolen in Clark county about 60 days ago.
She never stopped looking for it and on a tip from a person on a social media group she found her rig in the yard of a meth addict and called the Clark count sheriff, told them she knew where her truck was and that she needed them to come help. Her truck was still intact at that time. In no uncertain terms they told her they weren't going to help and to piss off. 48 hours and 5 phone calls later after finally getting a sheriff's supervisor to return her call the police agreed to look into it.
By that time, the truck was cut into little pieces and it took 4 hours for the tow truck driver to load all the parts onto his flatbed, at which time she was charged $350 for the privilege of disposing of her own truck.
My daughter is a highly respected first responder in a sister county in Washington. Not until she called in favors with her local PD to prod Clark county could she get any help.

F those people.

She never stopped looking for it and on a tip from a person on a social media group she found her rig in the yard of a meth addict and called the Clark count sheriff, told them she knew where her truck was and that she needed them to come help. Her truck was still intact at that time. In no uncertain terms they told her they weren't going to help and to piss off. 48 hours and 5 phone calls later after finally getting a sheriff's supervisor to return her call the police agreed to look into it.
By that time, the truck was cut into little pieces and it took 4 hours for the tow truck driver to load all the parts onto his flatbed, at which time she was charged $350 for the privilege of disposing of her own truck.
My daughter is a highly respected first responder in a sister county in Washington. Not until she called in favors with her local PD to prod Clark county could she get any help.

F those people.
It's what the people want. And no one wants to be an officer with politicians and communities that will hang them out to dry or stab them in the back. It's not going to get better anytime soon.

F those people.
At least now you know what the response time will be if a little frontier justice is brought online. Just sayin'.

At least now you know what the response time will be if a little frontier justice is brought online. Just sayin'.
Wrong assumption.

While LE may not show up at the time of the incident, the amount of resources devoted to tracking down and prosecuting the "vigilante" will be enormous compared to solving/prosecuting a "normal" crime.

This is because of several factors:
1) Those involved in the Criminal Justice System realize that they can only operate if the public wholeheartedly supports them and believes that they are the best way to keep crime at bay. Successful vigilantism builds a belief that the CJS is dysfunctional and creates a threat to their power by fostering disrespect.
2) In many places, those with power over the CJS WANT criminals to go unpunished or be lightly punished.
3) Vigilantism is disruptive to society. Please note that this is different from #1, above. Vigilantism lacks structure, resulting in many unfair results. A point can be reached quite quickly where no one is safe, even the law-abiding.
4) Vigilantism is not self-defense. An armed populace with strong legal protections for those using self-defense is a strong deterrent to both criminal behavior and vigilantism.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews