JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A loser decision. Sheriff Atkins won't respond to crime? Screw that bull puckey. That douche won't be getting my vote. And to make matters worse, now we're witnessing the blame game: blame the County Council, blame Covid, blame funding, blah blah blah. Following Brandon's playbook and blaming everyone else instead of stepping up to actually lead sure doesn't sit well with me either.
Yeah, He should reduce Deputy pay to $15 per hour and double the patrol force.

"Hey Rasheed, Can I press the siren now?"

Don't care about past Portland mayors. Current Portland mayor is gutless and worthless pos. District attorney is even worse. Hardesty is even worse than both of them.

Shootings will still be reported on

We need those numbers for the good of the cause
Specifically dead bodies. I've said for 37 years now, the only valid LEO statistic is one that counts dead people. They are hard to hide. Traffic fatalities, murder, suicide, overdose...all the "lesser" components of this can and will be skewed by powers that be. The main thing that affects fatalities is the improvement in health care. If we had 1970's health care (trauma care specifically) the bodies would be stacked deep. BTW, this is also a big reason why officer fatality numbers are low.
I tell everyone to steer clear of LE work as well.
I have no heartburn that my kids have not followed in my professional footsteps.
Locally, I don't see routine stops along the road as I used to. At state level, there were stats released recently that showed a significant decline in the number of stops made by the WSP year over year. There may be multiple components to this. (1) Covid. (2) therefore to some extent staffing (3) Mindset of, "Is this the stop that could end my career?" I wonder if some officers see a person of color behind the wheel, decide to give them a pass to avoid potential downsides.

The "cash cameras" in some cities are still flashing away. Over time we'll probably see adoption of more of those. Even before Covid, the southwest part of my county only had two dedicated traffic officers. I live in an out-of-the-way area, a semi-rural pocket (more semi than rural these days). A year or more can go by between times that I see a black and white go by on the road.
Yes^^^
In departmental budget cuts one of the first things to go is the traffic enforcement staff. And #3 with @gmerkt 's comment above is also dead on for some, sadly. I'm a strong traffic safety advocate but I hate automated enforcement. And it looks like more is coming to Oregon in the way of speed enforcement. Again, stats are skewed on this to show they help. There is a strong (going back decades in studies) correlation between traffic enforcement (not automated) and crime prevention (you pullover burglars and tweekers for traffic violations...that is the primary way they get arrested). Well used to get arrested since they are not getting pulled over and burglaring and tweeking is no longer a crime in the west coast. :(

Brandon's solution:

1647438119888.png

Election time will roll around soon enough. Lets see if the voters there have had enough yet or if they vote for more of what they asked for.
We all know they haven't had enough. That would require a brain.

you pullover burglars and tweekers for traffic violations...that is the primary way they get arrested
This is how lots of stolen guns have been recovered in the past. Just by looking, nobody knows a gun is stolen until it gets run against the NCIC list. A specific description has to run against the list. Routine stops have often caused guns to get run against the list and identified as stolen. Fewer routine stops, fewer recoveries, it's that simple.

I recommend sustained gunfire when on the line with 911.
Every time I read this stuff I think of the old joke. Guy calls about shed break in, told no Officers. Calls back said he killed scum, Officers show up fast. No one there and they ask I thought you said you shot him? Him, I thought you had no one to respond? :D
I told the Wife when we got together. If you have to call dial a prayer the first thing they will ask is "are you armed". Make sure to say yes.
Sadly many around where I live who do not own a gun and have voted for less Cops are getting to live what they asked for now. Its sad but they did ask for this so now they can enjoy getting what they asked for. :s0092:

Specifically dead bodies. I've said for 37 years now, the only valid LEO statistic is one that counts dead people. They are hard to hide. Traffic fatalities, murder, suicide, overdose...all the "lesser" components of this can and will be skewed by powers that be. The main thing that affects fatalities is the improvement in health care. If we had 1970's health care (trauma care specifically) the bodies would be stacked deep. BTW, this is also a big reason why officer fatality numbers are low.

Homeless deaths and school bus injury/deaths are also hard to track. Information not in one place. Numbers not extreme but still substantial.

Perfect, they won't show up when I assault the living daylights out of the thief I catch in my stuff.
You're not going to do any such thing.

You're going to help them up repeatedly, because they have this weird uncontrollable problem of throwing themselves down on the ground and injuring themselves.

You're not violent, you're a helper.

But hey - Don't call it, "De-funded Police." That's just silly.

You get 10 shots.
Make 'em count. :rolleyes:
Maaaaybe they could cut some of the illegals benefits and hire a couple more officers? Or perhaps the preffered method may be...the old SSS! LOL

I feel sorry for the deputies who have to put up with this. The electeds are responsible (including the elected Sheriff), but it is the deputies who have to face the citizens every day. For those who live in Clark County, if you happen to chance upon a deputy doing his/her job you might give them a word of thanks for the good they do, despite the lack of leadership they're suffering under.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews