JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is more proof of OUR FAILURE to educate (and not just advocate). We that KNOW have a duty to reach out to the ignorant masses and share our knowledge in ways that will effectively teach what they do not know.

Although I live in a very liberal county, I've introduced neighbors and their kids to archery as I work them into the realities they never pondered. Some are resistant, but I have made headway. If each of us did this we would have more that know the truth and fewer with an irrational fear of weapons.

Archery, eh? >30,000 years old, and still going strong, using the same principles as ever - a piece of bent stick with string tied at each end, and a pointy twig.

What other sport could you go back 25,000 or more years?

Apart from pottery, no other item in human history of similar importance has lasted as long in unchanged form. 'Kay, the materials might have improved, and arrers are straighter, but you can STILL cut a branch, tie the string on it, and shoot a twig the way old Ukook used to do it way back when.

tac

I know some great teachers personally. The kids that are fortunate enough to get them are the lucky ones. My complaint is not about teachers in general (I do think more are good than bad), but rather administration and government incursion into schools. I have been told over and over how the school system binds the hands of many teachers, forcing them to teach things they disagree with and preventing them from teaching things they agree with. It has become clear over the decades that the government is using the public school system to indoctrinate generations with particular points of view. And while any parent has the right to teach their children what they want, I do not believe the government has that right. And that is why we are a homeschool family. It's not easy, but we know every single thing our daughter learns, and she is getting a fantastic education (bolstered by the homeschool community and the schools they operate).

I feel for the teachers that are under the restrictions of the state when they are simply trying to do the best job they can. And I am very thankful that there are so many good teachers out there - I had some myself, and I still appreciate the impact they had on my life.

As for the government and the administrators that implement the government's agenda - they can all go suck eggs.

What he ^^^ says. Also, I don't appreciate the unions being blamed for any/all problems. My household has depended on a union based income for many years, and it's deserved and worked hard for.

As Etrain says, it not the teachers it's administration/society/political, what ever. @AndyinEverson , I really think that people that bash teachers must just be ignorant. The lions share of teachers bust their humps to teach kids. It's society that's messed up. That's "YOU" parents. I know some teachers and it would blow you away what they have to deal with. Perhaps the teachers have been brainwashed too in some places? Like in the article? I was talking to a close acquaintance that still teaches at 72. When many of us were in school there was a "Special Class". There's not anymore, those fine students that need just a bit more help are mixed in with every one else. That means all the full up to speed students have time taken away from them. This teacher friend was reprimanded for sending a student, who would not stop disrupting the class, out of the room. She was also reprimanded for raising her voice to a student because the parent complained. They never asked what their precious boy may have done, just complained to someone in the office.

Too bad there's not more teachers on the board to talk about what it's REALLY like in schools these days.

What he ^^^ says. Also, I don't appreciate the unions being blamed for any/all problems. My household has depended on a union based income for many years, and it's deserved and worked hard for.

As Etrain says, it not the teachers it's administration/society/political, what ever. @AndyinEverson , I really think that people that bash teachers must just be ignorant. The lions share of teachers bust their humps to teach kids. It's society that's messed up. That's "YOU" parents. I know some teachers and it would blow you away what they have to deal with. Perhaps the teachers have been brainwashed too in some places? Like in the article? I was talking to a close acquaintance that still teaches at 72. When many of us were in school there was a "Special Class". There's not anymore, those fine students that need just a bit more help are mixed in with every one else. That means all the full up to speed students have time taken away from them. This teacher friend was reprimanded for sending a student, who would not stop disrupting the class, out of the room. She was also reprimanded for raising her voice to a student because the parent complained. They never asked what their precious boy may have done, just complained to someone in the office.

Too bad there's not more teachers on the board to talk about what it's REALLY like in schools these days.

:s0101:

Archery, eh? >30,000 years old, and still going strong, using the same principles as ever - a piece of bent stick with string tied at each end, and a pointy twig.

What other sport could you go back 25,000 or more years?

Apart from pottery, no other item in human history of similar importance has lasted as long in unchanged form. 'Kay, the materials might have improved, and arrers are straighter, but you can STILL cut a branch, tie the string on it, and shoot a twig the way old Ukook used to do it way back when.

tac

I think they found some really old spear. Oldest known man made/used object.

"Wooden thrusting spear, Schöningen, Germany, about 400,000 years old."

29cda68e4097313263c7cafc4aca63dd.jpg

I'm just wondering, not saying anyone would do this and certainly never should, throw a .22 on the ground as hard as they could making the round go off? Or with a shell, taping a shot to the bottom and throwing it into the air, causing to to discharge upon impact? How about smacking a primer with a hammer?
I wonder how that'd work on other center fire cartridges, never tried that when I was that age...
I don't mean to sway one way or the other, just to imbue that proper education regarding safety is essential and that a round can go off by other means than a firing pin. Just for those of you who think no harm can be done by a round alone. Being said, confiscation and a note home probably would have sufficed.

Nvm, i assumed it was loaded... lmao
Should have told them it was a cap to a mechanical pencil... like they'd know the difference.

I'm just wondering, not saying anyone would do this and certainly never should, throw a .22 on the ground as hard as they could making the round go off? Or with a shell, taping a shot to the bottom and throwing it into the air, causing to to discharge upon impact? How about smacking a primer with a hammer?
I wonder how that'd work on other center fire cartridges, never tried that when I was that age...
I don't mean to sway one way or the other, just to imbue that proper education regarding safety is essential and that a round can go off by other means than a firing pin. Just for those of you who think no harm can be done by a round alone. Being said, confiscation and a note home probably would have sufficed.

For a live round maybe, It was a friggin empty case, gimme a break!!.

what a load of crap! especially the part about contacting the department of children's protective services WTF?. The kids life is no doubt in danger and his parents are unfit for letting him handle such a dangerous item!. It's a wonder they didn't call the bomb squad to secure it and render it harmless. Oh wait, it already was harmless. I wish all the stupid, ignorant, intolerant, uneducated snowflake azz cracks would crawl back under their rocks and mind their own friggin uneducated business!.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jim, is that a shotgun bullet under the barrel of your avatar? My old eyes just can't tell! ;)

Nvm, i assumed it was loaded... lmao
Should have told them it was a cap to a mechanical pencil... like they'd know the difference.
Lol if was a loaded round they would have had the police drag that little kid out of school in hand cuffs and he would be doing hard time now

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top