JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A true hero of the nation will be the one who can break the teachers unions.

If they could add public employee unions to that busting operation they would be the world heros of society. Removal of both unions would add billions of dollars to our economy in a productive move never seen before, and in all reality will it never happen.

Or change the school districts to respect and abide by our constitution. Take a look at your last tax statement and see where your money is going. Make the schools teach what the tax payers want teached. We all are forced to pay for public education after all.

I will apologize in advance for the coffee cups/cocktail glasses/beer mugs that are going to be thrown at the wall after you look at what few of these leaches are making in retirement. Note the search box, you can look up what your local neighborhood PERS retiree is making in retirement while your azz still slaves away.

The average teacher in our local school district makes $ 109,000 a year in wages and benefits. Benefits are almost 2X wages, and this is the beginning of the end.

Top beneficiaries of the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System

lol when i was in high school i would have spent 22lr and 12ga fall out of the crack in my tailgate in the school parking lot. no one cared. this was 12yrs ago.

A STARTLED man has told how he found a bullet lying in a York city-centre street near London.

Tim Stark said he was unloading items into the MOR Music store where he works in Fossgate yesterday morning when he spotted what he believed to be a live .22 bullet gleaming in a puddle.

He said he immediately called police, who came and took it away.

"I have no idea what it was doing there," he said.

Fossgate bullet find mystery

?type=display.jpg

A STARTLED man has told how he found a bullet lying in a York city-centre street near London.

Tim Stark said he was unloading items into the MOR Music store where he works in Fossgate yesterday morning when he spotted what he believed to be a live .22 bullet gleaming in a puddle.

View attachment 352007
:eek::eek::eek:

lol when i was in high school i would have spent 22lr and 12ga fall out of the crack in my tailgate in the school parking lot. no one cared. this was 12yrs ago.

42 years ago we carried them in gun racks in the pickups. I had a 68 Mustang Fastback that usually had a 12 gauge shotgun, 22 semi auto and maybe a .22 pistol under the back trunk deck. For after school or in case class got boring, not that I would have ever skipped school to hunt or fish.

View attachment 352007
International Snowflake...

What the heck has happened to this world????

If more common sense were shown in everyday life ... Everyday life would be so much more pleasant and easier.

Note to any who read the following:
I am not "Butt Hurt" when folks bad mouth teachers or public education.

I teach at a public high school.
I also own guns , hunt , don't think that there should be restrictions on what gun you can own or how many bullets can fit in magazines .... And have many other "pro-gun" leanings.

In my class I teach about:
The Constitution
Explain that is okay to respectfully disagree with others and question what you are being told or taught.
That you have duty to yourself , others and your country to be the best person that you can.
Along with many other ideas and actions.

I understand that I may not fit the mold of average teacher.
I can also understand the frustration at the public school system when reading stories like in the OP.

Just pointing out that not all teachers are "Special Snowflakes Communists , who want to undermine America and turn it into a special Hell for those who think differently than they do." :eek::D
Or any other such horrible thing....

Again not calling anyone out here or wanting to start a ruckus.
Andy

If more common sense were shown in everyday life ... Everyday life would be so much more pleasant and easier.

Note to any who read the following:
I am not "Butt Hurt" when folks bad mouth teachers or public education.

I teach at a public high school.
I also own guns , hunt , don't think that there should be restrictions on what gun you can own or how many bullets can fit in magazines .... And have many other "pro-gun" leanings.

In my class I teach about:
The Constitution
Explain that is okay to respectfully disagree with others and question what you are being told or taught
That you have duty to yourself , others and your country to be the best person that you can.
Along with many other ideas and actions.

I understand that I may not fit the mold of average teacher.
I can also understand the frustration at the public school system when reading stories like in the OP.

Just pointing out that not all teachers are "Special Snowflakes Communists , who want to undermine America and turn it into a special Hell for those who think differently than they do." :eek::D
Or any other such horrible thing....

Again not calling anyone out here or wanting to start a ruckus.
Andy

Andy kids could only be so fortunate to have you as a teacher. You are a good person and understand both sides of the line and I am sure help the kids understand the differences and having the patience to do so. A good teacher can explain and help there students understand both instead of pushing there own agenda.

Anyone that thinks they can do a better job of teaching should give it a try. I know I couldn't do it some of those spoiled little brats would piss me off to much. :D

And yet they will actually hand a child that age a sharp #2 pencil which is 100 times more deadly then a spent .22 casing. Not to mention what if they gave the child a BIC pen? those of us old enough for the Wonderful World of Disney can attest to a BIC pens ability to penetrate a sheet of stainless steel. Much more dangerous then a little 5/8" long brass tube closed off on one end.

And there's yer sign!

Thank you Skrueger.
As for the "spoiled little brats" well you can only do so much.
Sometimes the best way for them to learn is to have them fail or hit bottom and work up to the top.
Andy

Note to my post in #28.
In the interest of full disclosure:
I teach in the Special Education Department , in a class labeled "Life Skills."
In my teaching of said class , I take the name Life Skills literally and often run with it.
Meaning that I teach students how to get along in life , that sometimes life doesn't seem "fair" , that life is not Burger King and you can't always get it your way etc ...
So I have a bit more lee way with lessons and topics than the more "mainstream" teachers.
Andy

Yeah Andy would be excellent to have had as a teacher, or for ones kids...just from the brief gleaning on how he interacts here. Which can become extremely contentious at times.

I feel, however & sadly so, that there are far more in that grand profession which are not as open minded to differing opinion.

Thank you Camelfilter.
I do agree with you , that I am in the minority of "that grand profession" .
Hopefully the kids that I connect with , can offer some positive actions in the future.
Andy

Last Edited:
International Snowflake...

What the heck has happened to this world????

How dare you....... that guy is a hero. His actions stopped the overthrow of the British monarchy from happening, thus saving the lives of millions, if not billions.

Some people..........

Ray

How dare you....... that guy is a hero. His actions stopped the overthrow of the British monarchy from happening, thus saving the lives of millions, if not billions.

Some people..........

Ray
His Facebook profile lists one of his hobbies as "punking the police".

not really

That is pathetic. It is so sad how severly people have been taken out of the real world. The real world is filled with guns, and a .22lr casing is becoming a shotgun. Does that mean I can hunt birds with a .22?:p
Seriously. HOW does thisView attachment 351974
become this?!?!View attachment 351975
SparksFly, the 22 cases look as there is a hole drilled into the base. Whats up?
301658-e77a659b160a5f4a18f19b50380757e1.jpg

Its from the Acme "Super Sure Fire Firing Pin" ...:D
I think SparksFly said he drilled a hole at primer base in the cartridges he was using for his display.
Its a real easy way to render fired brass "safe" for ease of mind of non-gun folk.
Andy

'York street near London'?

WT*?

Bearing in mind that York is 200 miles NORTH of London [that's 1400 dog miles]. Mind you, in America that 200 miles would be, let's see.

clickyclickyclickyclickyclicky

Yup, 200 miles.

What a snowflake.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show