JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A STARTLED man has told how he found a bullet lying in a York city-centre street near London.

Tim Stark said he was unloading items into the MOR Music store where he works in Fossgate yesterday morning when he spotted what he believed to be a live .22 bullet gleaming in a puddle.

He said he immediately called police, who came and took it away.

"I have no idea what it was doing there," he said.

Fossgate bullet find mystery

View attachment 352007

Cool, he's already in the appropriate position (for him) to go pee. :rolleyes:

o_O

Again not calling anyone out here or wanting to start a ruckus.
Andy

I call BS!! I bet you carry ALL KINDS OF RUCKUS in that "ball sack" you carry around with those muskets of yours.

:s0108:

Its from the Acme "Super Sure Fire Firing Pin" ...:D
I think SparksFly said he drilled a hole at primer base in the cartridges he was using for his display.
Its a real easy way to render fired brass "safe" for ease of mind of non-gun folk.
Andy

Those .22LR shells are drilled out so they can't be reloaded! :s0004:

:D

An empty "shotgun bullet"... a poptart gun, which leaves no evidence once it's eaten... Did he have access to both?!

Better start checking the school building for bodies. That little fella sounds dangerous.

IMG_0495.JPG

I had a student bring a expended shell casing to class once.
I asked :
What do you think this is?
Where did you find it?
What made you bring it to school?

After ascertaining that the student was not up to any nefarious deeds ...
I explained what the shell casing was and suggested that it either go back into the backpack , not to be brought out again , or I keep it till the school day was over and give it back ... with the understanding that it should not be brought to school again.

Seems a lot simpler than what happened in the OP....
Andy

A hole drilled into the bottom of a .22rimfire case will have no effect on the primer part of the case Since the priming compound is in the rim. Those cases look as if they have had the slug pulled and the powder dumped out but still have viable priming compound in the rims. Unless of course someone either oiled them or at the very least wet them. Though a wet primer compound once dried out can still be active. Oil on the other hand will totally turn the compound inert.

A hole drilled into the bottom of a .22rimfire case will have no effect on the primer part of the case Since the priming compound is in the rim. Those cases look as if they have had the slug pulled and the powder dumped out but still have viable priming compound in the rims. Unless of course someone either oiled them or at the very least wet them. Though a wet primer compound once dried out can still be active. Oil on the other hand will totally turn the compound inert.
Close inspection show firing pin strikes.

Good thread, and I want Andy to know I mean no disrespect to him with my government employee bashing. 3 of my 5 kids are public employees, firefighters and LEO. I started college as an Ag Education major,ended up going to Ag Engineering instead. Today's teachers have a thankless job given the parenting most kids get and bring that lack of to school. You want a good retirement, get a public job. I should have stuck with mine, my coworkers are now retired with 5K a month in PERS.

I was a volunteer in my boys auto shop class ( now long gone of course). When the teacher need to be out of class for one reason or another, sick day whatever, he asked me to come in as his sub. Now the principal at first had a problem with it, but since the "normal" subs refused to work with this class of non typical students, he allowed me to do it, with a regular teacher coming in for maybe 10 minutes to meet the legal side of things and then they were out of there. I am still friends with that teacher and most of the kids 15 years later.

Hell, we built a 400hp 23 Bucket T in that class, and raffled it off for 25K. That was my kind of class.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top