JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure what's worse, a Government that exercises control over our lives or these large conglomerates that know everything about us and attempt to shape our opinion....I'd say both.

Glad, I don't bother with twit/fb/insta etal...

My internet stuff is limted to here, some reseach and the occasional email.

Not caring about this because you don't use it is akin to saying I don't care if they ban AR's because I don't use 'em.

I'm not using the social media conglomerate either but to ignore their reach and influence is both naive and dangerous.

Twater has no affect (or is it effect) on my life. Turn off the electricity and see how important it really is.

How is ignoring and not participating in the twit world naive and dangerous?

You declared it so, so I'd like to be enlightened.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Not caring about this because you don't use it is akin to saying I don't care if they ban AR's because I don't use 'em.

I'm not using the social media conglomerate either but to ignore their reach and influence is both naive and dangerous.

Perfectly worded IMO. I get that you are pointing out potential downside and not attacking me (or anyone else) personally. I don't get over sensitive about stuff, it seems that the delicate snowflake PC stuff is at the heart of America's tragic de-masculinization and I sure don't want to add to that.
It does appear to me that the anti's (anti-gun, anti-free speech, anti-freedom etc.) are using the internet and social ( ist?) media as a weapon. If a group of attackers gains access to my property armed with ARs it would be bad tactics for me to grab a baseball bat in response. A better tactic would be utilize an equal or superior weapon against them. I would hopefully have an AR-308 handy or at very least use what is at hand to kill the first guy and take his rifle!
I think the internet is the main weapon in this war and we should not eschew using it to monitor, engage and ultimately destroy, in an ideological sense, our rivals.
Just my thoughts, but I have been wrong before. Once I think, maybe twice.

Last Edited:
Perfectly worded IMO. I get that you are pointing out potential downside and not attacking me (or anyone else) personally. I don't get over sensitive about stuff, it seems that the delicate snowflake PC stuff is at the heart of America's tragic de-masculinization and I sure don't want to add to that.
It does appear to me that the anti's (anti-gun, anti-free speech, anti-freedom etc.) are using the internet and social ( ist?) media as a weapon. If a group of attackers gains access to my property armed with ARs it would be bad tactics for me to grab a baseball bat in response. A better tactic would be utilize an equal or superior weapon against them. I would hopefully have an AR-308 handy or at very least use what is at hand to kill the first guy and take his rifle!
I think the internet is the main weapon in this war and we should not eschew using it to monitor, engage and ultimately destroy, in a ideological sense, our rivals.
Just my thoughts, but I have been wrong before. Once I think, maybe twice.
Indeed, wasn't attacking anyone. And you're right - the Democratic Party has a serious problem with a vocal minority.

That minority, who may have been simply ignored in times past, has now successfully put AOC in Congress, caused people to lose their jobs, and created social pariahs out of others.

Fear is their main weapon and they wield it well. If you want to see a real eye opener about Twitter, I suggest you listen to the video below. Note: it is long. So suck it up ;)

Jack is the big cheese at Twitter and Vijaya is the head of BS. Tim is the person calling them on their antics and Rogan is there to be Rogan.

Or if you can't last that long:

I don't do FB or Twitter. BUT, it appears to be another case of.......

Stifling the opposition's views.

Yup.....it's soooo important to have a discussion about topics that affect America and Americans.

Aloha, Mark

Twater has no affect (or is it effect) on my life. Turn off the electricity and see how important it really is.

I think it does have an effect on all our lives, albeit primarily an unseen effect. In that much of social media is now a driving force in society. It influences, shapes views, manipulates, etc. It can and is used for political purposes. IMO much of what is put forth there is culturally damaging.

I don't think there is anything we can do about it... maybe put our own influence out there, or duke it out with people like I do in some comment sections (on major news websites). And that does get tedious. But to not be aware of the dangerous influences driving world and U.S. societies... not good!!! Examples: Climate Change hysteria, anti-gun hate, etc.

If I turn off my electricity, I'm not making a difference. If everybody's electricity goes out, think EMP... well, they write novels about that! :eek:

Last Edited:
How is ignoring and not participating in the twit world naive and dangerous?

You declared it so, so I'd like to be enlightened.

Please advise.

Thanks!
I don't follow threads as a default behavior so please @ tag me, quote, or reply so that I get an alert. Not trying to ignore you - simply didn't see your posts.

Ignoring Twitter is naive for the same reason ignoring the anti gun crowd is naive: ducking under the covers isn't going to make this boogeyman go away.

It's dangerous because these platforms have immense power and currently operate as a hive minded oligopoly. The main drive behind the Democratic Party moving further left is due to tens of thousands of very, very vocal social media-ites. Hundreds of millions of people in this country - and tens of thousands made that kind of change. That is dangerous, dangerous power.

There is a reason that 4chan and 8chan hold no power whatsoever. They are known as the armpit of the internet (or worse) - a place where only the grizzled, thick hided trolls may venture. My own personal belief is that we need to make Twitter's reputation the same: a place where only the most screechy of better-than-thou SJW's dare go. The way we get there is to not be there ourselves. But instead of ignoring it, we need to get all of your friends and family off it as well. Keep an eye on it and share outrage mob instances as an example of just how off the rails the users of that platform are.

But, make no mistake, the social media giants all work together: they take like actions and share data. Some businesses live and die by their Facebook accounts. Hell, someone on here posted a link to Rainier Arms's FB page in another thread instead of their website. THAT kind of action needs to stop. Intentionally support the company, not the platform.

Politically - support ideas, not people. E. Warren is right on the money with the notion that the tech giants hold too much power and control over our society and the solution, thank you Anti-Trust, is to break them up. Imagine a world where Google (the search engine), Google (the online advertising platform), YouTube, Google (the analytics platform), Facebook (social), Facebook (business), Twitter (social), and Twitter (news) were all ** separate ** companies.

There are a lot of R's who will disagree with this idea simply because it's coming from a D. I urge those people to reconsider. Write your politician at every level to support gun rights. Immediately following that letter, write another one demanding the break up of the social media oligopoly.

If we're lucky, we'll get there.

Lets all stop and take a deep breath here!
Lets take a look at the bigger picture and it's implications that DO effect us all!
All of these social media platforms do one thing and one thing only, SPREAD INFO! When you have all these groups that have access to each other and their audience can cross between to share thoughts and ideas, that is a POWERFUL thing! Why, You could get facts and information disseminated far and wide in a matter of a few min. NOW, block a group of users from sharing or even accessing and you can exert control of the content being shared, Dig? THIS is how we all suffer, how we ALL are affected! One side has taken control of these platforms and is exerting influence over the rest to only allow certain info and blocking any they do not want or agree with! THAT IS DANGEROUS TO US ALL! IT is blocking those like us who have a different point of view or different facts or information from using those platforms to share!

Think of it another way, NWFA is open to all, we do not regulate or interfere in conversations ( beyond enforcing the rules), ALL are welcome to join and share and participate!
As long as you follow the rules, its all good!
Now, What if Joe decided that ( or was Paid a bunch) to block a certain group or even certain members from participating because it runs counter to some ones beliefs or mission? What if a whole block of folks were prevented from sharing? THAT is exactly what is happening on those platforms!

It shows you have things are really ramping up for an assault on the 2A in 2020. I don't personally use Twitter and never will because I think it is a waste of time, but there is no ignoring how central it is to many people's online presence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top