JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IT is blocking those like us who have a different point of view or different facts or information from using those platforms to share!

I'm amazed that I have been shadowbanned on FoxNews.com and that with my second account, some comments are being deleted. What is being deleted is surprising... they are sure not who they used to be!!!

IMO, disengaging is not the answer... if we do that, ie remove our presence from social media, we lose any remaining power we have to influence public opinion. And "their" influence goes unchallenged.

Thread drift warning! In 1, 2, 3.......... BTW, is anybody following the Praeger U. lawsuit against Google??

Unfortunately, groups trying to reach the most people feel compelled to utilize the new-age platforms. If they say 'go to my website', younger crowds go 'Where is your FB page? I have to use a browser? Where is your Twitter post?', etc. Then, when they expend time, money and effort to put videos, messages, and other content on these platforms they get de-platformed. They're left high-and-dry, at the whims of the company's moving goal-post policies, with no real contingency plan (for a lot of them anyway).

There are sometimes alternatives and other destinations that didn't at the time or *currently* don't have these policies, but even they seem to cave eventually when a few loud, sensitive (and let's face it, bored) people join their company and shriek, threaten to rage-quit, etc. unless they silence these groups... It's a tough problem. You're fighting against people who have no concept of reason and will not join an argument in good-faith. The disingenuous argument for their policy (at least in Instagram's case, whereas Twitter/YT often offer no answer for awhile) centers around 'it promotes violence'. When you point out that it's 'people showing off where they put holes in paper or other inanimate objects' and they shout you down, that would be an example of why you'd not be able to really have a coherent conversation with these people.

I hate everything most of these companies stand for, and I don't like it when groups I care about go whole-hog into these platforms, because when they want to get together they'll say that you have to join their FB group for updates or even just to participate. They lose people that way, including me in many cases, but it is what it is.

I don't use twitter. But given that it's Trump's primary mode of communicating with and/or threatening citizens or other countries, it's importance is major.

How is ignoring and not participating in the twit world naive and dangerous?

You declared it so, so I'd like to be enlightened.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hosni Mubarak, former president of Egypt who had been sentenced to life in prison (but ended up only serving 5 years) following the Twitter fueled Arab Spring, may have some advice regarding whether one ought to ignore the twit world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top