JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hehe, nope, but it's use allows me to help in that situation, or at least talk to someone over there, assuming ideal propagation.
No sh!t, I was gonna say it was some sort of a HAM radio range extender, something like that.
But I didn't, cuz I'm just now getting into HAM and I don't know sh!t about it, so I went with the flux capacitor cuz I thought it was funnier...
Those green wires look like they can be unfurled to create a larger antenna array or some sh!t like that.
Am I close?

Im into all kinds of stuff when not reloading, building guns and shooting ELR. Ive built a few bobbers. Here is a pic of a sportster I built. I also tattoo and build tattoo machines. Some examples of both. I also mix and master music. Here is a pic of my mixing console I built and use. I also build my own PC's. I also build cigar box guitars. Im bipolar and mostly manic so I keep myself busy. ha.
20180415-021240-IMG-2891.png

20180415-021313-IMG-2896.png

20180415-021323-IMG-2897.png

20180415-021326-IMG-2898.png

20180415-022309-IMG-2951.png

20180415-022626-IMG-2971.png

20180415-022809-IMG-2978.png

20180415-022812-IMG-2979.png

20190108-212152-IMG-3784.png

20190522-213203-IMG-4673.png

20190522-213244-IMG-4674.png

20200313-102626.jpg

IMG-20200430-192930-212-1.jpg

Devneck....I think you've accidentally tripped over a second occupation.
That industrial look is very in, these days.
What would you have invested in the parts to make that floor lamp? Maybe $10 at the very most?
A mark the parts and pay yourself $25/hr for the labor.....you could do well if it catches on! :s0115:

You can make that base out of planks nailed together, or part of a sheet of plywood, that you then stain.
I made hand rails for the basement stairs and the front steps a few years ago and I doubt I have more than $ 50 invested in either of them.
...where there's a will, there's a way. If you're not interested, that's fine, too. I was just mentioning it.

DSCN2689.JPG DSCN2705.JPG

I made a car! Well kinda. I bought aa rusted, rotted out shell of a '39 Chevy coupe about 18 months ago. Then set forth on the most difficult build I've ever taken on in my 70 years! I replaced all the floors, both rocker panels, lower doors inside and out, trunk tail panel, lower cowl and firewall. Repaired all 4 fenders. Then stripped it all to bare metal and shot epoxy sealer on it. Tore out the stock rear axle, and front suspension and replaced the rear axle with a 1990's Ford 8.8" 3.73 posi, and up front used a 1958 Chev pickup axle I narrowed 5" and converted to disc brakes. Built a 1990 GMC 350 SBC roller motor, and bolted aa 700R4 overdrive trans to the engine. Installed all new wiring, plumbing, fuel cell. Built up all new interior panels, and fit a pair of late model Pontiac bucket seats. Bought a commercial sewing machine, and taught myself to sew; then sewed up all new interior. Installed all new tinted glass, and new rubber seals everywhere. New gauge panel I built, and a decent stereo system.
It still needs painting over this winter, but I recently drove it 1200 miles to a long-range shoot, and it averaged 19 mpg, with plenty of power going up 6-7% hills.

6LfDmoQl.jpg

dCssdXZl.jpg

VNFboGul.jpg

rx00Rbyl.jpg

s7fzF6fl.jpg

I made a car! Well kinda. I bought aa rusted, rotted out shell of a '39 Chevy coupe about 18 months ago. Then set forth on the most difficult build I've ever taken on in my 70 years! I replaced all the floors, both rocker panels, lower doors inside and out, trunk tail panel, lower cowl and firewall. Repaired all 4 fenders. Then stripped it all to bare metal and shot epoxy sealer on it. Tore out the stock rear axle, and front suspension and replaced the rear axle with a 1990's Ford 8.8" 3.73 posi, and up front used a 1958 Chev pickup axle I narrowed 5" and converted to disc brakes. Built a 1990 GMC 350 SBC roller motor, and bolted aa 700R4 overdrive trans to the engine. Installed all new wiring, plumbing, fuel cell. Built up all new interior panels, and fit a pair of late model Pontiac bucket seats. Bought a commercial sewing machine, and taught myself to sew; then sewed up all new interior. Installed all new tinted glass, and new rubber seals everywhere. New gauge panel I built, and a decent stereo system.
It still needs painting over this winter, but I recently drove it 1200 miles to a long-range shoot, and it averaged 19 mpg, with plenty of power going up 6-7% hills.

View attachment 764255

View attachment 764256

View attachment 764257

View attachment 764258

View attachment 764259
Wow! Tons of work but looks great. Talk about a sense of pride when you drive it.

Wow! Tons of work but looks great. Talk about a sense of pride when you drive it.

Thanks! Had a 1940 Chev coupe back in the late 60's before getting drafted, and sold it. Always wanted another, but liked the '39 better, so when I saw this rotted mess for sale cheap I bought it. My buddy told me as we walked away, "You're sure a brave soul!"
I didn't get his statement at first, but once I got started spending the first 6 months just replacing rotted steel, I knew exactly what he meant!
Here's a little of how it started:

NEmDQA5l.jpg

7DQkF4Gl.jpg

WpzNws2l.jpg

Wow! I'd say you definitely built a car. Had (most of) a '35 5 window coupes when I was in my mid teens. Wasn't focused enough at the time to build a replacement wood kit, and it was sold while I was in Alaska a few years later. Sad part was; I had the money when I got back to just buy a new wood kit, but had all the parts stored at my parent's place, and Dad sold it all.

Great job, especially on the interior! That had to take a LOT of time and effort to get it all to lay straight and even.

View attachment 764255

View attachment 764256

View attachment 764257

View attachment 764258

View attachment 764259
That is by far my favorite year and body, and kind of my unicorn! I want one, but can never seem to find one when I go looking!

Well done, well done! :s0155:

Wow! I'd say you definitely built a car. Had (most of) a '35 5 window coupes when I was in my mid teens. Wasn't focused enough at the time to build a replacement wood kit, and it was sold while I was in Alaska a few years later. Sad part was; I had the money when I got back to just buy a new wood kit, but had all the parts stored at my parent's place, and Dad sold it all.

Great job, especially on the interior! That had to take a LOT of time and effort to get it all to lay straight and even.

Getting all the diamond shapes aligned from side to side, front to back, and seat to seat was something I really focused on! I figured messing up a detail like that would scream amateur, regardless of whether the fit was good or bad. So thanks!
I sold my '40 Chev coupe after I got back from the military in 1970. A friend helped me put a 413 Chrysler engine, trans, and rear axle in it from his dad's wrecked Imperial. A friend I sold it to then still owns it, and it's got Chevy engine/trans now, and is a nice show car.

That is by far my favorite year and body, and kind of my unicorn! I want one, but can never seem to find one when I go looking!

Well done, well done! :s0155:

Thanks! I've found them, but just were too expensive, or not done the way I would, so I figured I'd have to redo too much.
This one was at the Portland swap meet a year ago April, and was sad. But the price was so cheap I couldn't walk away. It had the interior filled with spare parts; most of which I sold, or traded for parts I needed. So after getting rid of all the spares I was just about zero into the car's original buy price.
The seller actually turned out to be someone who worked in the same trade as me, and at the same company; but we never worked together. We've become good friends now, and even belong to the same car club now. Turns out wwe had numerous mutual friends. Most told me, "You bought Ed's rusty '39?" LOL They said they were shocked anyone would consider paying him to take it! Guess I was the only fool that day.

My dad ordered an aluminum awning to go over his front steps to keep snow and ice off of them this winter. He had me come over and showed me two flat cardboard boxes and said "there it is, get to work".

Took me 3 hours to assemble the dang thing and get it installed. Turned out nice, though.

IMG_20201027_162057437_HDR.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR