JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me of the time, as we were setting up for some plinking, that a buddy of mine paused for a moment looking thoughtful. He pulled out his wallet, took out the cash, threw it down range and yelled "cut out the middle man!" LOL

Poor picture of my 03a3

IMG_20171129_215301.jpg

OK M1903 I bought this rifle from a friend of a friend. Not because I was really looking for one. But it was a really good deal and as soon as I saw that while the stock had been cut down to make it more sporter like the actual rifle had not had anything done to it that would keep it from being returned to Original Like Condition. Little did I know what I was in for.

Its a Feb 1918 rifle and falls right after they started using Pyrometers during heat treating to make sure they were doing it correctly but still before they changed to the dual profile heat treating that made the best receivers.

It was bought surplus prior to WWII by the guy I bought it froms dad. And was hunted with everything from coyotes to deer and elk.

I bought up the various metal parts I needed to put it right and then Bought a Boyds Stock and found the actual military specs and drawings for the original straight wrist finger groove stock it would have had on it when issued. I then spent a couple weeks carefully reworking the Boyds stock to match as close as possible the Original Spec's its not perfect but then its also not a numbers matching rifle so no big deal I wanted it to look right and handle right. And it sure does both.

Jne8REg.jpg

Click the photo for the whole picture to show.

Last Edited:

That looks like a ''1918'' Colt 1911?
And a Boys .55 cal Tank rifle? Very nice collection.

Last Edited:
Making a sporting gun of a nazi weapon is fine by me... I would rainbow case harden that puppy and make it my go to hunting rifle!
Been plenty of that done already thru the past 70+ years. Unaltered ones are getting scarce. Remember, it WAS a nazi weapon. Even (especially?) unaltered it's no longer a nazi weapon because Dad's generation WHUPPED 'em! It is now a reminder of history and the defeat of evil. A winners trophy :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top