JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been plenty of that done already thru the past 70+ years. Unaltered ones are getting scarce. Remember, it WAS a nazi weapon. Even (especially?) unaltered it's no longer a nazi weapon because Dad's generation WHUPPED 'em! It is now a reminder of history and the defeat of evil. A winners trophy :)
Exactly why I like that it's sporterized, it's proof that we kicked some nazi butts.
Makes me want a p-38 case hardened... I would feel better about owning and shooting it.
Medic will be happy to know all the family's nazi weapons went to good homes years ago, well out of my rainbow case hardening hands.

Here's a picture... can't be all talk and no show! lol

9BBAFE89-45EC-48A1-AABD-5F3A899EA0D0.jpeg

Not sure about the process currently used to give the color appearance but some steels aren't amenable to actual case hardening. If i didn't know the alloy, I wouldn't try a re-heat treat just for a "look". Today's normal carburizing (case hardening) doesn't yield the pretty colors but done right in the right alloy can give a super hard surface supported by a really tough core.

Not sure about the process currently used to give the color appearance but some steels aren't amenable to actual case hardening. If i didn't know the alloy, I wouldn't try a re-heat treat just for a "look". Today's normal carburizing (case hardening) doesn't yield the pretty colors but done right in the right alloy can give a super hard surface supported by a really tough core.
Thanks for the tip, I'm using the closest definition I could find for the effect.

Exactly why I like that it's sporterized, it's proof that we kicked some nazi butts.
Makes me want a p-38 case hardened... I would feel better about owning and shooting it.
Medic will be happy to know all the family's nazi weapons went to good homes years ago, well out of my rainbow case hardening hands.

Here's a picture... can't be all talk and no show! lol

View attachment 422866

Very nice 1903.
Wish I had a military marked one.

That looks like a ''1918'' Colt 1911?
And a Boys .55 cal Tank rifle? Very nice collection.
Thanks!
The 1911 is a WWII reissue. All that was donne was new barrel, grip panels and parked. The Boys is now in .50bmg, while not original, means no tax stamp and ammo you can find a shoot. .55 Boys rounds are expensive and difficult to find. I am happy enough with it in the current caliber.

Finn M39
1943 SAKO build - original stock - not a post war armory rebuild
note the ski-trouper double sling mounts
Finn ski-troupers wreaked havoc on the Russians
not as accurate as my Sig barreled Finn M28, but still a fine shooter

rjmt
P1030667.JPG P1030677.JPG

Here's what I have, so far... the 98K is a Gustloff Werke, brought home from the ETO by my father. It was packed in cosmoline and had never been issued. It has never been fired, and, as long as it is with me, likely never will be.

2011-05-23 11-40-45_0021 a1.jpg 2013-09-21 19-49-49_0026a.jpg IMG25 A2.jpg

Here are some photos my Grand Dad took during WW-II. He was part of a new Heavy Tank Battalion fielding the "New" M-26 against the German Tanks which had been causing so much trouble to Allied armor. His Squadron put ashore in France two weeks ahead of the Battle of the Bulge, and it was absolute hell from almost the first 5 miles inland. Photo #1 shows pre deployment readiness inspection, #2 shows them unloading from the LST in France, and #3 river crossing which He said was quite a challenge for the new tank as the bridging equipment wasn't really up to the weight of an all up combat over loaded heavy tank!
View attachment 365814
View attachment 365815
View attachment 365816
Gramps always loved talking about his tank and crew, and fondly told about the shock and surprise of the Germans meeting up with this new tank with decent armor and one hell of a gun in the new 90 mm high velocity firing dual purpose Armor Piercing high explosive shells at a range even further then the dreaded 88's that the Germans had been using to great effect! Gramps ended the war on the autobahn en rout to the Austrian German border, and was ordered to stand down, The War had ended!!!
Too bad we didn't have those early in the war.
Great pics.
The Shermans got mauled....good thing we had a lot of them.

........And SMLE's for $120 with the kit! Picked up a Nickel plated jungle karbiner for $159 on sale, and it came with all the goodies, still packed in nasty smelly old cosmoline and foil backed waxed paper! Had to literally dig to get the SN for the 4473!:D still shoots better then it should, being Brit and all!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top