JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this in a box of STUFF at a garage sale . Bet a few of you guys and gals have had one of these . Pretty Cool , but a little before my time . Any collector value to these ??? Nice shape ...

Thanks for any info on it .... and for your service ....

DSC00036.JPG DSC00037.JPG

It might be worth looking up and seeing if there is a 140th Infantry Regiment museum or association ..
And seeing if they would be interested in it.
Or....finding PVT. Glen Robinson's relatives and gifting them the card....
Andy

Fun to see.

I am currently going through my Dad's old stuff and digitizing things. I too ran across a similar pass from Wright Field with a map on the back of the radius and cities one could travel to. Also, vaccine card (ala an early version of a COVID card) and my mom's WWII Ration Card booklets.

I also found my grandfather's Permit to Carry a Firearm from the Provost Marshall at Fort Sill in 1924.

Permit to Carry 1924.jpg

Have fun with your journey through your families' past...

My Dad was in the Philippines in WW2 as an SGT. I found a tactical patrol drawing he had written on parchment paper. This means a lot to me since he rarely discussed his WW2 service, and suffered from moderate PTSD for years.

My Uncle served aboard the Mighty Queen of the Seas, U.S.S. New Mexico all through out WW-II, from the day they left New York harbor, to the last of the Magic Carpet Rides she ran after the war ended, He passed away in a V.A Hospital in 47, he was only 31 years old! During his time, he took thousands of photos aboard ship, and kept a journal of his experiences, and he kept all of the Ships Official on-board news papers, all of which I now have! Looking through the stacks and stacks of photos gives a wonderful look at ship board life during those dark days, many of the photos have hand written notes of times, places, events, and most importantly, people! One of the most spectacular sets of photos was a U.S.O Show performed aboard ship, they set up a stage on the aft deck near the fan tail, complete with "Parade Canvas" and had several famous celebrities performing a show, all detailed in those photos!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top