JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice, and good pics too - looks un-fired? very low use?
Very nice, and good pics too - looks un-fired? very low use?
Thanks!
It's actually been shot quite a bit. I just got it back from the performance center where they tuned it up, installed a black front sight and polished it for me. Looks like new.

E2EF5E11-A73A-4339-B0FC-A26A66E58001.jpeg

Pretty rare 25-9 .45 Colt 5". There were less than 2000 of product code 100924 produced, which included 25-7 and 25-9 engineering changes. The difference between the -7 and -9 is the -9 has the endurance package. The vast majority of product code 100924 were 25-7s, but nobody knows where exactly the cut off between -7 and -9 occurred. It's rumored there are only a few hundred -9s.
The 25-8 is .45acp.

C69B57CA-0DC1-40AD-8859-9AE059218549.jpeg

Last Edited:
Pretty rare 25-9 .45 Colt 5". There were less than 2000 of product code 100924 produced, which included 25-7 and 25-9 engineering changes. The difference between the -7 and -9 is the -9 has the endurance package. The vast majority of product code 100924 were 25-7s, but nobody knows where exactly the cut off between -7 and -9 occurred. It's rumored there are only a few hundred -9s.
The 25-8 is .45acp.

View attachment 686934
Thanks for the picture and the information. Have you considered getting a Factory Letter? It should have the information you are looking for. KKG

S&W 65-5 3" magnaported with a bobbed hammer I recently picked up. Great trigger and a shooter. Ordered some ebony Eagle secret service grips for it that just came in.

I need to track down a Milt Sparks holster and I'll have a pretty solid carry setup.
sw 65 boot grips 2.JPG sw 65 boot grips 4.JPG

Pietta 1851 Navy that wasn't as described. It was actually kind of nasty. So I removed the blue, aged the frame and hit the steel bits with plum brown and stripped, stained and oiled the grips.
It doesn't look truly aged to me, but I do like the way it turned out. More character.

20200422_102258.jpg 20200519_204204.jpg

Here are a couple guns more relevant to the Pacific NW than to NJ...

Iditarod-A.jpg
Iditarod-G.jpg

Although decidedly more north & west than this forum covers.

These are 1988 Iditarod Commemoratives. They are consecutive serial numbers and two of a total of 545 produced. You may question that if you have good eyes and note that both the presentation case and the barrel note 1 of 1000.

These were commissioned by a bank in Alaska to lure new customers into purchasing CD's. The contract with S&W stipulated 1000 pieces, however, the bank went under before the contract was filled and only 545 were produced.

There is a back story - I purchased a Model 25-10 from an on-line site and it came to me in the Iditarod presentation case (interior was enhanced with a photo and a piece of scrimshaw). After doing some research, the purist in me decided that the correct gun was needed to go with the case I already had. The Iditarod Commemoratives were 629-1's with the special roll markings as shown. I searched all the usual sites for months, to no avail. Finally one of these searches yielded the two guns you see here - consecutive pair with all the original accouterments. Couldn't pass them up - so now I have two guns and three presentation cases.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My 629-6 Classic and 17-6. The 629 has a 5" barrel, which I think is the best proportion with the N-frame. The double action trigger is to die for. The 17 has the 8 3/8" barrel, one of the last guns in this configuration. I've always loved the looks of S&W guns, except for those with slab-sided barrels.

20200525_101112.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class