JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice, and good pics too - looks un-fired? very low use?
Very nice, and good pics too - looks un-fired? very low use?
Thanks!
It's actually been shot quite a bit. I just got it back from the performance center where they tuned it up, installed a black front sight and polished it for me. Looks like new.

E2EF5E11-A73A-4339-B0FC-A26A66E58001.jpeg

Pretty rare 25-9 .45 Colt 5". There were less than 2000 of product code 100924 produced, which included 25-7 and 25-9 engineering changes. The difference between the -7 and -9 is the -9 has the endurance package. The vast majority of product code 100924 were 25-7s, but nobody knows where exactly the cut off between -7 and -9 occurred. It's rumored there are only a few hundred -9s.
The 25-8 is .45acp.

C69B57CA-0DC1-40AD-8859-9AE059218549.jpeg

Last Edited:
Pretty rare 25-9 .45 Colt 5". There were less than 2000 of product code 100924 produced, which included 25-7 and 25-9 engineering changes. The difference between the -7 and -9 is the -9 has the endurance package. The vast majority of product code 100924 were 25-7s, but nobody knows where exactly the cut off between -7 and -9 occurred. It's rumored there are only a few hundred -9s.
The 25-8 is .45acp.

View attachment 686934
Thanks for the picture and the information. Have you considered getting a Factory Letter? It should have the information you are looking for. KKG

S&W 65-5 3" magnaported with a bobbed hammer I recently picked up. Great trigger and a shooter. Ordered some ebony Eagle secret service grips for it that just came in.

I need to track down a Milt Sparks holster and I'll have a pretty solid carry setup.
sw 65 boot grips 2.JPG sw 65 boot grips 4.JPG

Pietta 1851 Navy that wasn't as described. It was actually kind of nasty. So I removed the blue, aged the frame and hit the steel bits with plum brown and stripped, stained and oiled the grips.
It doesn't look truly aged to me, but I do like the way it turned out. More character.

20200422_102258.jpg 20200519_204204.jpg

Here are a couple guns more relevant to the Pacific NW than to NJ...

Iditarod-A.jpg
Iditarod-G.jpg

Although decidedly more north & west than this forum covers.

These are 1988 Iditarod Commemoratives. They are consecutive serial numbers and two of a total of 545 produced. You may question that if you have good eyes and note that both the presentation case and the barrel note 1 of 1000.

These were commissioned by a bank in Alaska to lure new customers into purchasing CD's. The contract with S&W stipulated 1000 pieces, however, the bank went under before the contract was filled and only 545 were produced.

There is a back story - I purchased a Model 25-10 from an on-line site and it came to me in the Iditarod presentation case (interior was enhanced with a photo and a piece of scrimshaw). After doing some research, the purist in me decided that the correct gun was needed to go with the case I already had. The Iditarod Commemoratives were 629-1's with the special roll markings as shown. I searched all the usual sites for months, to no avail. Finally one of these searches yielded the two guns you see here - consecutive pair with all the original accouterments. Couldn't pass them up - so now I have two guns and three presentation cases.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My 629-6 Classic and 17-6. The 629 has a 5" barrel, which I think is the best proportion with the N-frame. The double action trigger is to die for. The 17 has the 8 3/8" barrel, one of the last guns in this configuration. I've always loved the looks of S&W guns, except for those with slab-sided barrels.

20200525_101112.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews