JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I remember reading a line, (paraphrasing,) "The job of the courts is not to prevent bad law(s)".
The courts will decide on Constitutionally, and all the arguments will have to be framed that way.
As others have said, it'll take some time to wind its way thru the courts.
The Founders gave us a pretty good system, but it doesn't have a firewall against stupidity.

After living in Oregon for 72 years, and continuing to hope for changes to politics, and anti gun mentality; it appears my wife and I are giving up soon. Between the chance that voters were ignorant enough to pass 114 possibly, and also elect Kotex, it's the final straw for us.
We'll wait for the dust to settle, and in the meantime begin a search to decide which state is the most conservative, and best for us to buy another home in.

N
After living in Oregon for 72 years, and continuing to hope for changes to politics, and anti gun mentality; it appears my wife and I are giving up soon. Between the chance that voters were ignorant enough to pass 114 possibly, and also elect Kotex, it's the final straw for us.
We'll wait for the dust to settle, and in the meantime begin a search to decide which state is the most conservative, and best for us to buy another home in.
100% there with you brother. We've stayed here for family reasons but measure 114 + Kotex would be the last straw for me.

Good luck to you and yours. I won't let them drive me out of my home, too many roots here.

BTW- you all need to look AHEAD at what the authorities left wants to do. Look at their "new" group. Main goal is Universal Background checks and red flag laws, better known as path to confiscation!

The new Congress (Senate and HoR) does not take place until January 2023. They will have until 2024 to steamroll away. This is assuming that a majority Republican HoR (as projected) can't retract it legislatively preventing the Senate from sending it to Brandon.
does the awb as passed by the house count until then? Or does it expire at the end of the year

Too many people with way too much confidence in the Bruen decision. If and only if that goes our way it's still going to take years to help if it does at all. Everyone that didn't bother to vote should just move to LA or Seattle. Seems like that's what you you would want anyways.

I sincerely wish you good luck with that. Somehow, though, I can't see moving anywhere near the southern border as a winning strategy in this day and age.
We chose an area in the northwest portion of Arizona and the effects of the border crossings seem to be extremely diluted if not non-existent. Maybe they're all ending up in DC, NY, and Martha's Vineyard?!? Clearly, no state is going to be perfect, hopefully this one is just a little bit better for me. And looking at the results of the elections nationally, holy crap, it may be much less than 20 to 30 years before I have to worry about it in AZ - before we all have to worry about it. At least I wont be a felon when (if?) 114 takes effect. Who knows, maybe I'm all wrong and I'll regret the move. At least my taxes will be less for a little while.

Seattle venture capitalist
Seattle Vulture Capitalist

After living in Oregon for 72 years, and continuing to hope for changes to politics, and anti gun mentality; it appears my wife and I are giving up soon.
We are the same age, you have my sympathies. However, making major changes in life such as that can be difficult. I did it at age 36 and it was difficult enough. I couldn't bring myself to do it again, short of a Ukraine situation. You will be changing a lot more in your life than access to guns.

No sense in moving they'll just follow and screw up that state too.

May as well stay and fight, they'll find my carcass in a pile of hot brass…
I want time to raise my family in freedom. I also want my girls to be able to meet good guys.which are in short supply here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top