JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The closer we get to tyranny, the more difficult our choices will be. Do you comply or not? Do you conform or resist? Or do you just go back to sleep? We better be doing some soulsearching to see if we are made of the same grit and character as our fathers and grandfathers. Because the decisions are only going to get harder from here, and there are few places left to run to.

The closer we get to tyranny, the more difficult our choices will be. Do you comply or not? Do you conform or resist? Or do you just go back to sleep? We better be doing some soulsearching to see if we are made of the same grit and character as our fathers and grandfathers. Because the decisions are only going to get harder from here, and there are few places left to run to.
Personally we will have lots of flexibility with our level of compliance. FFLs not so much.

Personally we will have lots of flexibility with our level of compliance. FFLs not so much.
Which is why it is no coincidence that Oregon pushed through universal background checks first. Then the Brandon AFT started shutting down or harassing FFLs. Now measure 114. If there are no more FFLs to conduct legal private party transfers, then there will be no more "legal" transfers. That effectively neuters existing firearms for law abiding citizens. If there is no way to implement or fund the purchase permit requirements of 114 there will be no new firearm transfers. That effectively neuters new firearms for law abiding citizens. Meanwhile criminals will simply continue to ignore two more laws, crime will skyrocket, and the left will continue blame a whole new batch of defenseless victims for getting in the way of the bullets that didn't miraculously stop at the gun free zone.

I don't envy the pressure on FFLs. I like to support local dealers whenever possible in tough political climates. I just wish the feeling was mutual. Too many cut bait and ran to other states at the first sign of trouble, while others who stayed have become so arrogant or ignorant that it makes it hard to want to support them. Such is the soap opera we call the gun community.

Not really—only an instate FFL can handle any semi auto transfer.
You could still purchase a shotgun or bolt action in WA and ID and walk out same day with the instant check and drive back.
Probably only Sportsman's and Cabellas will be left within a year in Oregon

Not really—only an instate FFL can handle any semi auto transfer.
You could still purchase a shotgun or bolt action in WA and ID and walk out same day with the instant check and drive back.
Probably only Sportsman's and Cabellas will be left within a year in Oregon
If it does pass, Oregonians are going to have to make extraordinary efforts as customers to save local FFLs.

Local FFLs will have to be very flexible and adaptive with the way they do business, if they want to survive. Thinking outside the box will be a must. Unfortunately for FFLs they are going to be fighting recession headwinds at the same time. It is going to be a very rough road for FFLs if Measure 114 passes.

As customers we can choose to alter our spending habits away from online purchases back to local purchases or not. For cheap dastards like myself that is going to be very difficult to do.

Last Edited:
I am still hoping covid tyranny woke up enough Oregonians to vote against more gun controls. 2 days to go...
Those who are able, are leaving this State. Many of my freedom loving friends have already moved to Idaho. Those of us who can't move will be criminals behind enemy lines if this passes. Let's hope and pray that enough of the lemmings in this State have woken before they take Oregon off the cliff.

Those who are able, are leaving this State. Many of my freedom loving friends have already moved to Idaho. Those of us who can't move will be criminals behind enemy lines if this passes. Let's hope and pray that enough of the lemmings in this State have woken before they take Oregon off the cliff.
I have lived here over 70 years, I have roots and won't be driven from my home. Once a man starts running he will never stop in my opinion. Like the old timer at Spirit Lake when Mt Saint Helen's blew, I will wait out the end.

I have only seen one single vehicle driving around with a no on measure 114 and that was @PiratePast40 rig.
I just saw a guy with one laced into the front wheel of his bike, pretty clever, but it's only readable when he is stopped! He does ride all over Salem on that, so he is getting seen! I hope he is a member here so we can thank him for his efforts, it's raining sideways here, and he is out and about in his rain gear ridding all over!

Yup.

They don't want your guns.

That is just a first obstacle.

Who cares, the NRA was complete Crickets here in Oregon, As always!!! They don't give a Phuck about Oregon, Never have, through out history, the NRA has never once stood up in Oregon outside a token showing, and a few bucks tossed out there, That's it! Oregon is that state between Cali and Wash that everyone forgets about until they have to drive through it!

For all you who support the NRA, this is what you get from them, time and time, again, they only show up to the big fights in big states like Texas, Never the little states like Oregon, where the 2nd will die a slow and painful death, and fingers will point, and the Dems can say "Look, We Took on the NRA, and Won!"

Who cares, the NRA was complete Crickets here in Oregon, As always!!! They don't give a Phuck about Oregon, Never have, through out history, the NRA has never once stood up in Oregon outside a token showing, and a few bucks tossed out there, That's it! Oregon is that state between Cali and Wash that everyone forgets about until they have to drive through it!

For all you who support the NRA, this is what you get from them, time and time, again, they only show up to the big fights in big states like Texas, Never the little states like Oregon, where the 2nd will die a slow and painful death, and fingers will point, and the Dems can say "Look, We Took on the NRA, and Won!"
NRA = Negotiating Rights Away

Please stop spouting that nonsense. By the end of her term, Brown will have appointed all 7 of Oregon's supreme court justices, so there is ZERO chance of any sections of 114 being repealed by the courts in Oregon. It'll take years for anything to happen and we'll still be living with the consequences of 114. You want restrictions and tyranny, go ahead, but please move somewhere else so you can vote for it for the purpose of fighting it.
Filing in the federal district court for a injunction is a starting point. Use the federal constitution as your guide. Should not be hard to find a low income victim of this scam as a plaintive.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top