JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, here's something to think about on this!
We have the 4 SCOTUS rulings which not only affirm our rights, BUT, we have a YUGE number of court challenges which will absolutely destroy all the infringements! We were handed one of the greatest gifts with the Bruen Decision handed down by SCOTUS in which Justice Thomas clearly defined and laid out What CAN and what CANNOT be considered lawful, AND, he laid out exactly how any 2nd case MUST be tried!
Going forward, We have several big cases already ether in the hands of the 9th or Judge Benitas, so ALL these challenges will inevitably be found unconstitutnal, and that means a large chunk of Oregon's infringements are going to be struck down, including ALL of 114! Oregon's Supreme court has ZERO choice but to rule it ALL unconstitutnal, But will likely punt it to the 9th, where it will all be struck down! This is where we need to take a deep breath and step back from this and think it all through, this 114 will not stand, nor will we be made to suffer under it, though the lefties will surely try! We just need to Hold Fast, and let the courts handle this! When we get the expected Red Wave, The U.S Attorney General Merric Garland will be impeached and removed, as well as dis-barred, and the Congress will force through a strong A.G. who will absolutely hold the states feet to the fire, which is what's needed!
Finally, there are many other states challenging anti 2nd issues, and every single one will be struck down in the courts, it just may take a few years!

Moving forward, SCOTUS looks primed to hammer out the 2nd issues once and for all, which makes the topic of any gun control toxic to any politician, and any state or bad actor who wishes to infringe on our rights! This is going to take a few years to work through, but we will come out the other side much stronger! Hold Fast, Stay the Course, and we will win this fight!

In the mean time, we still need to take control of things in this state, turn it hard core Blood Red, and make it stick! We need to rid ourselves of all the fat, which means ALL the democraps and all their ilk! The time to start that effort is RIGHT NOW, while we have the courts attention, and the SCOTUS working on kicking the infringements under the bus!

Q: What to do?
A: Revive this effort. A constitutional amendment such as this would put this nonsense to rest once and for all. I don't understand why it was allowed to die in the first place. Perhaps after Ms. Perkins loses to Ron Wyden she can fill her time with a 2nd effort? Maybe if enough people from this forum bug her about it she try again. Or maybe someone else will take it up.

A: Revive this effort. A constitutional amendment such as this would put this nonsense to rest once and for all. I don't understand why it was allowed to die in the first place. Perhaps after Ms. Perkins loses to Ron Wyden she can fill her time with a 2nd effort? Maybe if enough people from this forum bug her about it she try again. Or maybe someone else will take it up.

Oh, did Ron Wyden actually fly back from his residence in NYC to campaign again?

:rolleyes:

The time to takes things Fully Semi Auto Pro 2nd is NOW, weather this thing pass's or not! First, we need to absolutely DESTROY that Forked Tongue Devil Spawn Knudson by what ever means necessary! We need to go on the offensive and start pushing law suits against the state for Any and All infringements! We need to Push the Gov'ness ( Looks like it might be Drazan) toward Constitutnal Carry, we need to REMOVE the Citizens Innitivitive from the states bag-0-tricks, and we need to recall both the states A.G and the Sec-State Right quick and in a Hurry like! We also need to recall all of the states supreme court justices or impeach their arses! We need to work to remove Multico Sheriff and install a pro 2nd Sheriff, and warn both Calk and Wash counties that their on the chopping block unless they firm up on our rights! We need to Destroy Portland's Mayor and the entire City Clowncil, and any other "leaders" they might have hiding under the stairs or the bed! We need to Reign in the OSP and FORCE them to do their phucking job, and NOT serving as the Gov'ness's Jack Boots! I got much more, but this is a good start!!
I would add to your list that we need to bring on as many new gun owners and concealed carry holders as we can and as quickly as possible. If it does pass, the Sheriffs should make it as easy and as cheap as possible to get a concealed carry permit at the same time a permit to purchase is acquired. Whatever training OSP comes up with for permit to purchase, should be more stringent than the concealed carry training based on what I see in the Measure 114.

I hope we can keep the FFLs from bailing out and bring on many more new FFLs, you can't have too many FFLs. I would like to see a lobby/training organization put together in Oregon to help people get their FFL and represent them to the public when these types of measures or other legislation comes up in the future.

Ok this may have already been answered but, God forbid if 114 passes when does it take effect.
Multi-phase answer:

1) if passed, 'becomes law' 30 days after the vote, per the Constitution, so Dec 8. Not 'after the vote is certified', 30 days full stop. Seems like the Secretary of State might want to violate the Constitution here.
2) The new statutes cannot be enforced until added into ORS. One cannot successfully be charged under a provision that is not there. That seems to happen pretty quickly, so at a guess by the end of December.
3) The magazine stuff could be enforced - if any LE agencies care to do that - once the statute is on the books.
4) the Permit to purchase must have a longer timeline: the Legislature will have to appropriate funds to build the required database and staff the required infrastructure. Funds might be 2023, spending them might be 2024, having everything in place so a PTP might be issued (aside from providing the classes and instructors, which seems to be required at the level of LE agencies, not the State) perhaps 2025. Those are my guesses, anyway.
And, a reasonable Governor might veto the funding measures. Dunno if that would stick.

It was the job of the Secretary of State and the state AG to disqualify this measure from the ballot as being unconstitutional on its face. The first step should be to remove said SoS and AG.

I get myself in trouble here for breaking the rules, we are only allowed to talk gun related politics. Yet look back at all the fights to save our rights and where the fights originated. We fight the fires time after time, year after year but don't address who starts them. So often in the past I recall folks here saying its just a hobby and they would give it up if told to. Rights are not a hobby.

Debates turn uncivil and we never get to talk about how the changes in culture lead to us losing our rights. You can't point out how Portland crime is the instigator of gun regulations because Portland is run by a party that creates crime for political purposes.

Either way the vote goes on the bill nothing changes in Oregon. We have to vote change of government that respects our rights but heck you can't even debate why we should because it's the rules, rules put into place because folks refuse to be civil.

No matter how the vote goes, two years from now you will be voting again on another gun bill here in Oregon. If you can't remove the anti gun culture from the legislators then they will continue taking your rights, guns first. I was hoping that folks would understand tyranny after two years of covid and hoped they would desire to keep their freedom. 114 will tell you Oregons future.

If we end up with 114 then the Sherriffs should train with the guns they use, a Glock and an AR 15. It's what they have on hand and if it's good enough for law enforcement then it's what the public should train with.

The time to takes things Fully Semi Auto Pro 2nd is NOW, weather this thing pass's or not! First, we need to absolutely DESTROY that Forked Tongue Devil Spawn Knudson by what ever means necessary! We need to go on the offensive and start pushing law suits against the state for Any and All infringements! We need to Push the Gov'ness ( Looks like it might be Drazan) toward Constitutnal Carry, we need to REMOVE the Citizens Innitivitive from the states bag-0-tricks, and we need to recall both the states A.G and the Sec-State Right quick and in a Hurry like! We also need to recall all of the states supreme court justices or impeach their arses! We need to work to remove Multico Sheriff and install a pro 2nd Sheriff, and warn both Calk and Wash counties that their on the chopping block unless they firm up on our rights! We need to Destroy Portland's Mayor and the entire City Clowncil, and any other "leaders" they might have hiding under the stairs or the bed! We need to Reign in the OSP and FORCE them to do their phucking job, and NOT serving as the Gov'ness's Jack Boots! I got much more, but this is a good start!!
Uraki-Gasm !

You get frisky when you get pizzed ! 🤣

Actually he needs his aids treatments!

Not actually, but he sure looks like he got the buggering!
He's always reminded me of a geriatric tortoise...

Must be why his power base has always been the AARP

"And uh here we go"

"And uh we're gonna do sumthin really important now by golly"

" uh dumpty dum "

Last Edited:

It probably died because many of the stakeholders are lazy or otherwise uninterested. For many of us when the choice becomes living life or defending/strengthening our freedoms to own and use firearms, we choose life. Sad but true, I have witnessed it first hand.

Last Edited:
Multi-phase answer:

1) if passed, 'becomes law' 30 days after the vote, per the Constitution, so Dec 8. Not 'after the vote is certified', 30 days full stop. Seems like the Secretary of State might want to violate the Constitution here.
2) The new statutes cannot be enforced until added into ORS. One cannot successfully be charged under a provision that is not there. That seems to happen pretty quickly, so at a guess by the end of December.
3) The magazine stuff could be enforced - if any LE agencies care to do that - once the statute is on the books.
4) the Permit to purchase must have a longer timeline: the Legislature will have to appropriate funds to build the required database and staff the required infrastructure. Funds might be 2023, spending them might be 2024, having everything in place so a PTP might be issued (aside from providing the classes and instructors, which seems to be required at the level of LE agencies, not the State) perhaps 2025. Those are my guesses, anyway.
And, a reasonable Governor might veto the funding measures. Dunno if that would stick.
All the votes should have to be counted and certified or how would you know it passed?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top