JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have lived here over 70 years, I have roots and won't be driven from my home. Once a man starts running he will never stop in my opinion. Like the old timer at Spirit Lake when Mt Saint Helen's blew, I will wait out the end.
I have lived in Oregon all of my life - nearly 60 years. I don't look at leaving as if I'm running from my home. It's not the politicians faults, as they are merely doing what they said they would do (along with a few lies) in order to get elected. Since the state is made up of 50% Democrats and only 32% Republicans, the odds are pretty good that the majority of the voters in Oregon will continue to vote for the same caliber of folks to fill those positions, and continue to wonder why things are so screwed up here. The idea of, "doing the same thing, the same way, over and over again, and expecting different results each time"... It's possible that Drazen may win, and 114 will go down in flames this time, but odds are extremely good that the voters will return to their past practices come the next election cycle or two. Because this crap has bothered us so much, the wife and I have purchased a home already in Arizona and will be moving there, away from family and our roots, and leaving over 70 acres of wooded land only 15 minutes from town where I can hunt and shoot all I want. Sure, its possible, maybe even likely, that the same politics will follow us there eventually. But if I can enjoy another 20 to 30 years out of life in the "free world", statistically it wont matter after that.

If we dodge another bullet and Oregon voters smartly reject Measure 114, we should be prepared for it to be back in 2023/24. LEVO will have endless funding and big motivation to try it again. We should do better by fighting it before it's on the ballot. We should become more active and better organized. We should put peer pressure on all stakeholders to particpate in opposing these types of measures and legislation. We should invest our time and treasure to combat the out of state anti gun funding streams that allow this garbage to be propagated. We should grow the family of stakeholders so a larger percentage of in state and out of state persons, businesses, organizations and even media will join us in opposing future measures/legislation aimed at restricting our constitutional rights. The days of expecting a free ride are over. LEVO and their ilk in Salem won't let up and neither should we.

If Measure 114 does pass then we will have a much greater amount of work ahead of us. We should try to mitigate the effects of the measure as much as possible. Many small FFLs are going to need our help as customers to stay open. First time and newbie gunbuyers are going to need our help navigating the restrictions in the measure. Sheriff's Depts are going to need to hear from us in large numbers so that they will put pressure on OSP to write regulations that are the least restrictive as possible. Trainers are going to need access to facilities and should be bolstered in numbers. FFLs should be encouraged to offer extended lay-a-way programs. They should be encouraged to allow buyers to have supervised access to their firearms that are in Measure 114 jail. FFLs should be encouraged to offer training as part of the buying process.

And most of all if Measure 114 passes, all stakeholders should get off their tails and help repeal Measure 114. A special election won't have near the turn out that this election will have. If our side becomes more dedicated and better organized we could abolish this measure in a special election.

Please keep posts in this thread directed at actions to take post election.
A report from Bearing Arms indicates Oregon's Ballot Measure 114 (BM 114)–a measure requiring permits-to-purchase for gun sales–is being bankrolled by out-of-state donors.

The five are:
· Seattle socialite Connie Ballmer ($750,000 donation)
· Seattle venture capitalist Nicolas Hanauer ($250,000 donation)
· Mike Bloomberg-affiliated Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund ($155,000)
· National Education Association ($125,000 donation)
· Gabby Giffords' gun control group, "Giffords" ($100,000 donation)

If we dodge another bullet and Oregon voters smartly reject Measure 114, we should be prepared for it to be back in 2023/24. LEVO will have endless funding and big motivation to try it again. We should do better by fighting it before it's on the ballot. We should become more active and better organized. We should put peer pressure on all stakeholders to particpate in opposing these types of measures and legislation. We should invest our time and treasure to combat the out of state anti gun funding streams that allow this garbage to be propagated. We should grow the family of stakeholders so a larger percentage of in state and out of state persons, businesses, organizations and even media will join us in opposing future measures/legislation aimed at restricting our constitutional rights. The days of expecting a free ride are over. LEVO and their ilk in Salem won't let up and neither should we.

If Measure 114 does pass then we will have a much greater amount of work ahead of us. We should try to mitigate the effects of the measure as much as possible. Many small FFLs are going to need our help as customers to stay open. First time and newbie gunbuyers are going to need our help navigating the restrictions in the measure. Sheriff's Depts are going to need to hear from us in large numbers so that they will put pressure on OSP to write regulations that are the least restrictive as possible. Trainers are going to need access to facilities and should be bolstered in numbers. FFLs should be encouraged to offer extended lay-a-way programs. They should be encouraged to allow buyers to have supervised access to their firearms that are in Measure 114 jail. FFLs should be encouraged to offer training as part of the buying process.

And most of all if Measure 114 passes, all stakeholders should get off their tails and help repeal Measure 114. A special election won't have near the turn out that this election will have. If our side becomes more dedicated and better organized we could abolish this measure in a special election.

Please keep posts in this thread directed at actions to take post election.
I would like to point out to 'Lift Every Voice Oregon' that Measure 114, the Changes to Firearm Ownership and Purchase Requirements Initiative (2022), does not pass the recent SCOTUS NYSRPA v. Bruen ruling on the text, history, and tradition test of the Second Amendment that now governs laws restricting the right to keep and bear arms – invalidating any gun laws that fail to meet its standard. And that should Measure 114 somehow pass, any judge in Oregon worth his or her salt will see through the charade that is Measure 114 and dismiss it as being unconstitutional.

It's almost better for 114 to pass so we can get the courts to put an end to this unconstitutional bull squeeze once and for all. I will do whatever I can to help support that.

Another way to get rid of an initiative is to get one passed that does just that. As soon as people realize what they bought is not what they want then this has potential. Expect it to take a couple of years to sink in just how this makes the average person less safe.

My next step is likely here: https://www.freedominthe50states.org/ unless Greater Idaho happens. I will NOT live in tyranny.
If Measure 114 does pass, it would take months, even years to wind its way through the court system even though it is patently unconstitutional . By the time that happens, the damage will have been done. FFL's in Oregon would cease to exist.

If you look on the 'Lift Every Voice Oregon' website and click on the personal endorsements link, about halfway down the list you will see none other than Oregon senator Jeff Merkley on it. What does that tell you about Jeff Merkley, other than he is all for taking away your 2nd amendment rights.

If Measure 114 does pass, it would take months, even years to wind its way through the court system even though it is patently unconstitutional . By the time that happens, the damage will have been done. FFL's in Oregon would cease to exist.
We can help keep the small FFLs going if we shift our buying habits away from online purchases and big box retailers to the small gun shops. I know they charge more and it kills me to pay more for something I can get for less elsewhere but we can considered it a charitable event.

If you look on the 'Lift Every Voice Oregon' website and click on the personal endorsements link, about halfway down the list you will see none other than Oregon senator Jeff Merkley on it. What does that tell you about Jeff Merkley, other than he is all for taking away your 2nd amendment rights.
Another Name on the list of politicians needing recalled before the next cycle!

We can help keep the small FFLs going if we shift our buying habits away from online purchases and big box retailers to the small gun shops. I know they charge more and it kills me to pay more for something I can get for less elsewhere but we can considered it a charitable event.
That does not work if you can't buy a gun because the permit process doesn't exist (because the funding for it doesn't exist). The reason for FFLs hardship is not consumer choices, it's measure 114.

That does not work if you can't buy a gun because the permit process doesn't exist (because the funding for it doesn't exist). The reason for FFLs hardship is not consumer choices, it's measure 114.
There will be other products and services to buy. A shift in what we buy as well as where we buy could help them.

I can already see this may end up being another why bother scenerio if Measure 114 passes.

"Measure 114 is too powerful and the gun shops are doomed no matter what we do."

I have lived in Oregon all of my life - nearly 60 years. I don't look at leaving as if I'm running from my home. It's not the politicians faults, as they are merely doing what they said they would do (along with a few lies) in order to get elected. Since the state is made up of 50% Democrats and only 32% Republicans, the odds are pretty good that the majority of the voters in Oregon will continue to vote for the same caliber of folks to fill those positions, and continue to wonder why things are so screwed up here. The idea of, "doing the same thing, the same way, over and over again, and expecting different results each time"... It's possible that Drazen may win, and 114 will go down in flames this time, but odds are extremely good that the voters will return to their past practices come the next election cycle or two. Because this crap has bothered us so much, the wife and I have purchased a home already in Arizona and will be moving there, away from family and our roots, and leaving over 70 acres of wooded land only 15 minutes from town where I can hunt and shoot all I want. Sure, its possible, maybe even likely, that the same politics will follow us there eventually. But if I can enjoy another 20 to 30 years out of life in the "free world", statistically it wont matter after that.
I sincerely wish you good luck with that. Somehow, though, I can't see moving anywhere near the southern border as a winning strategy in this day and age.

You also have to remember that the Democrat Congress passed a bill banning "assault weapons" and national 10 rd mag limit. If the Dems get a 51-49 majority, they will cram that through the Senate before end of 2022 and then we really have a bigger problem

It's a squeaker, let's hope that the majority of metro votes have already been counted.
1668010582217.png

You also have to remember that the Democrat Congress passed a bill banning "assault weapons" and national 10 rd mag limit. If the Dems get a 51-49 majority, they will cram that through the Senate before end of 2022 and then we really have a bigger problem
The new Congress (Senate and HoR) does not take place until January 2023. They will have until 2024 to steamroll away. This is assuming that a majority Republican HoR (as projected) can't retract it legislatively preventing the Senate from sending it to Brandon.

They can pass it if they'd like. Bruen vacating and remanding all those cases back to the lower courts already fired the warning shot that those bans will be found unconstitutional. 1994 Crime Bill got away with it because we had a weak Court that refused to treat 2A as anything but a 2nd class right. This one is not doing that.

After living in Oregon for 72 years, and continuing to hope for changes to politics, and anti gun mentality; it appears my wife and I are giving up soon. Between the chance that voters were ignorant enough to pass 114 possibly, and also elect Kotex, it's the final straw for us.
We'll wait for the dust to settle, and in the meantime begin a search to decide which state is the most conservative, and best for us to buy another home in.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top