JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The article does not give much information. I was on patrol Sunday night when I heard one of my fellow officers report he heard shots fired near him. We sent four patrol cars looking for the source of the gunshots and found nothing.

Yesterday I found out a security officer from another company was shot and killed Sunday night in the area our officer was located when he heard shots fired. I called a good friend of mine who works for the company that lost an officer, and I found out I knew the guy.

I do not want to release his name for sake of his family's privacy as it appears the Police / News haven't yet.

It may be "just security" - but please realize the danger is very real for any uniformed individual out there. I really hope Portland P.B. finds who did this.

Late night Northeast Portland homicide under investigation

Last Edited:
Armed or unarmed security

He was unarmed. His company does not allow officers to be armed, nor to wear body armor as far as I am aware.

My company is armed, and does allow the wearing of body armor.

There was no confrontation between the guard and the shooter. It was a drive by.

BTW...it's illegal to fire a weapon in Multnomah County/PDX....perhaps the perp was unaware of this and was just 'extremely careless' in his actions.

Yea, all those unarmed security jobs I've been on and off contemplating just went out the window...

Poor guy just trying to make his $15 an hour so he could go home.

Should be handled as an assault/murder of a police officer IMO.

Yea, all those unarmed security jobs I've been on and off contemplating just went out the window...

Poor guy just trying to make his $15 an hour so he could go home.

Should be handled as an assault/murder of a police officer IMO.

I agree 100%. We're licensed by the same people - police and security are, that is - in Oregon. I'm surprised they didn't even mention he was working in the article, or what his job was.

If you look into security, look into armed. Pays more and makes you a little bit safer...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top