JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
24 years ago when I first moved out to this property, a neighbor to the South worked nights
at 2:30 in the morning his wife called and said a couple of intoxicated people were pounding on her door
I went out an let off 25 rnd from my AK and they left
I mentioned this in a thread on this forum, and a member criticized me for protecting my neighbor and offering to bury the body

NOW, I returned to the house and put the AK up, and my wife had coffee on, then my neighbor to the North called - remember, this is 2:30 in the morning
he ask" hey, I heard Kathy up the hill screaming and you shooting . Do you need me to come over with my backhoe and burry something?"
Life in the country

What's the saying? "A democrat is a liberal that hasn't been mugged yet." :rolleyes:
I know 2 people like that out of several around the country up close and personal and some on a casual level.

OLD time or former classic PRO RKBA Democrats and OLD time or former classic PRO RKBA Republicans.

One man lived in VA and he eventually moved to Texas to be close to his parents. One if not both parents are dead now. He divorced and remarried. He is close to my age or a bit older.

He was NEVER super anti gun or I would say anti gun at all.

He did not see anything happening to him in some places because he was the type of person that I know/knew who always BELIEVE/believed that bad things don't always happen to good people especially in some PARTS of the country or in their own state which even I KNEW at a VERY young age and as a young lady later on was NOT TRUE and never true.

Anyway, he was a manager or a top salesman in a VA store and a criminal or 2 criminals came into his VA store. He was threatened, tied up, the store was robbed of goods and money and he was told that if he tried to fight back that he or they would murder him.

The man went to a very GOOD military school - prep school and he was more conservative in some matters, moderate and a bit liberal in some other matters.

He was NEVER anti gun.

But, lo and behold, AFTER that incident where he thought that he would be murdered, he started to carry, etc. I do not remember the DETAILS of VA law on conceal or open carry back when this horrific ordeal happened to him so I can't pin point the YEAR. I just know what happened to HIM. It was before I knew him. He did own some firearms BEFORE that incident too.

He and a few other people that I knew and 'hung around' with were close in online PRO RKBA issues and OFFLINE - we met and I knew them in my former state and in other states too. We were very active in pro RKBA and in other political issues.

Some of them were people that I did not physically meet and some other people were people that I DID physically meet. Some of them I shot with, shared meals, camped with, etc. IN my former state and outside of my former state.

I was unable to go to the one big pro gun march in D.C. in the late 90's or early 2000 but a good police friend in MD, the VA man in this thread, and several others filmed it for me and sent it to me. They were on Cspan film and I had them on a video tape too.

I did not meet the VA man in person but if I was able to go to that one march/rally in D.C. and if I was not self employed and swamped at the time, I would have gone and stayed with my brother in Maryland.

I would have met the VA man and other gun buddies and my older brother said that HE would go with me too. I probably could have gotten some old Church, school friends and old military people that I knew with my late husband in MD to go with me too.

I was back and forth to MD and all over the East Coast alone, with my one or more of my German Shepherd female - super protective dogs, my late husband and/or a relative even though I lived back in my late husband's home state in the Great Lakes region - farm/lake country.

Old Lady Cate

P.S. my daughter complains I won't come down to Portland to visit her any longer
I told her, if I can carry my Mossberg Shockwave on my shoulder, I'll come down
but her Liberal husband will not allow firearms in their apartment
so, to both our regrets, I only talk to my daughter on the phone now
She married an ANTI GUN - ANTI RKBA man?!

Wow.

I remember when you told the story about her and her condo in the past somewhere on this forum.

The craziness, the fire being started and tons more in the past.

Cate

She married an ANTI GUN - ANTI RKBA man?!

Wow.

I remember when you told the story about her and her condo in the past somewhere on this forum.

The craziness, the fire being started and tons more in the past.

Cate
she was raised in a rural environment with firearms in the home all the time

but 4 years at Portland State will do that to a person

I read than central California had 3 incidents of homeowners killing intruders in the last 6 months

it appears some of those new Liberal gun owners in California, are finding reasons to use those Firearm's

I don't remember what I said to this person at the time. I recall actually not saying much as I was somewhat 'dumbfounded' over what he said to me. I am sure anything I might have said would have had no effect anyway.
Probably best. Anyone with an outlook like that would most likely start an argument you wouldn't really want to be part of anyway....

how? in what way did people vote that caused this?

serious question
the people of Portland elected the Soros backed D.A. Mike Schmidt
they elected the Mayor (twice) and the City Counsel
the elected City Counsel voted to defund the Police and disband the Gun Violence Unit
the elected state representative voted to ban many crime fighting tactics used by PPD
the same state representatives voted to ban the PPD from working with Federal law enforcement
Portland is the only major city in the US that is governed by committee (city counsel), not by the Mayor

anything else? I could write a book!!

the elected City Counsel voted to defund the Police and disband the Gun Violence Unit
the elected state representative voted to ban many crime fighting tactics used by PPD
the same state representatives voted to ban the PPD from working with Federal law enforcement
Portland is the only major city in the US that is governed by committee (city counsel), not by the Mayor

That's a pretty good start. Unfortunately, there are many who cannot or will not connect the dots. There are also a growing number who consider the violent and unlawful behavior as a cost of living in a "liberal utopia". à la Seth Rogan.

Uh. lets see - what did he base the rational of this advisement on ?
The fact that he already succumbed and gave into his masters in regards to self-preservation and the ability to defend himself and chooses only to rely on the government and the big papa nanny state.

"This is the 83rd homicide of the year in Portland."

So the media is calling this a homicide. OK, literally it is a homicide, but it's not a murder. Lumping a defensive gun use in with the murder statistics is just disingenuous.

:s0063:
Yes but it certainly fits the anti-gun narrative does it not…

I'm just watching from Clark county, hoping to god the sludge doesn't make its way up here. It's got to the point to where I'm refusing work in Portland and only working jobs in Washington. My company knows not to put me on jobs in Oregon. I only go south of the Columbia out of absolute necessity (0-3x a year at most, mostly family pickup at airport or being dragged out there by visiting family) and when I do there's body armor and a rifle close by in my vehicle.

I remember one time my fiancés family was in town and wanted to go to some restaurant in Portland. They were looking at me crazy as I was loading up the truck with kit/gear/rifle. Her dad asked "what the heck are you doing why do you need all that"
I responded with "just wait until we cross the border"

After being across the border for 5 minutes and seeing the pure filth in that area then seeing downtown Portland he said "ok I get it now". And he's a California liberal.

how'd this cause someone to break into that apartment? it might be the single best argument youve got here, but we're gonna need more

...who broke into that apartment?

the gun violence unit effectively disbanded itself by being so corrupt it had to be restarted twice- we werent willing to give it another try. however, how would they have prevented this? theyre a gang taskforce. they respond to gang shootings. and plant evidence, illegally beat people, rob people, sell drugs, etc. likewise, PPB effectively defunded itself through decades of excessive force, racial profiling, coverups, and a handful of murders. that was their OWN goddamn motherbubbleguming fault.

too broad to address, but "crime fighting tactics" already sounds like constitutional rights violations... but which constitutional rights violations would have prevented this home invasion? if we banned guns, for instance? oh, wait..

you mean those same federal agencies that probably have YOU and all of us on this board on watch lists for exercising our right to keep and bear? you not only dont score a point for this one, im docking you two points.

however, feds have nothing to do with this home invasion anyway.

false - hundreds, thousands? of US cities have commission governments... pretty sure that bubblegum started in everyone's favorite state o texas, too. cant be that bad, eh? also has nothing to do with our home invasion tho.

how about we start over and try again

i get that youre trying to make the point that you think portland voters vote for things that, down the road, with some mental gymnastics, could constructively retroactively be attributed to a theoretical increase in crime overall. bla. yea. we get it. you just dont make a very good case for it, its a weak argument even when made well, and at the end of the day its still just a construct argument, much like the right likes to deride the left for doing with things like systemic racism and its consequences. its just that it was already tired when the left was doing it...now that the right has finally figured out what "construct argument" means and is also trying to use that play, its HELLA old.

watevs. im just a troll.

Feeding the Trolls will seldom accomplish anything sadly. The Troll either knows full well what you mean and is just trying to get crap started, or is angry that they voted for this and got what they asked for. A few of them are over the top angry because they voted for this, know full well they voted for this, and no being able to accept what they asked for pretend they don't get it.:s0092:

That's a pretty good start. Unfortunately, there are many who cannot or will not connect the dots. There are also a growing number who consider the violent and unlawful behavior as a cost of living in a "liberal utopia". à la Seth Rogan.
Its easy for the people with LOTs of cash to make excuses and support this. They do not have to live with it. They live in gated communities with their own private Cops to keep them safe while they tell everyone else to support the scum and live with them. 🤬

how'd this cause someone to break into that apartment? it might be the single best argument you've got here, but we're going to need more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see now shall we.

1. Soros and his ilk are totalitarians and control mongers.

2. Soros and his ilk are the puppet masters of key people in the local and federal govts.

3. Soros and his ilk tell prosecutors to release the scum back into our cities and towns.

4. Soros and his ilk want things to get so bad that martial law is declared.

5. Soros and his ilk also push gun control.

6. Soros and his ilk want martial law to consolidate their power, make everyone a subject of the state and take away our liberties so no one can challenge their position.

7. Soros and his ilk realize that once martial law is imposed, we the citizens will "NOT BE ALLOWED TO OWN GUNS" thus further diminish the people's ability to oppose the new oppressive system.

Understand now?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top