JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A man accused of trying to rob a north Seattle smoke shop has died after being shot by the employee of the business, according to police.

The shooting happened just after 4 p.m. at the King Smoke Shop at the intersection of 15th Avenue Northwest and Northwest 80th Street.

Seattle Police Chief Adrian Diaz said the 30-year-old suspect attempted to rob the business and shot the employee, who then returned fire, killing the suspect.

The employee, a 38-year-old man, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition.

The suspect was found dead outside of the business, while the employee was shot inside the establishment.

Diaz said nearby community members were able to give medical aid to the employee.

Smoke shop, is that like a smoke and vape shop? If so, I wonder if those places are like cannabis stores, which do a lot of business in cash. Which might make them a magnet for robbery. Like bars, cannabis and vape shops seem like places where old people like me who like to keep their nose clean should stay out of.

On the other hand, there are pawn and gold shops that might make attractive targets. These days, most of those that I've been to have locks on the doors and you have to wait to be buzzed in. Some have a little isolation room or cage, an ante room if you will, that gives the people inside time to look you over.

Why would I feel safer going to a pawn or gold store than a bar? Because people going into pawn or gold stores have a purpose in mind (beside robbery, that is). People hanging around bars are just there, passing time and maybe getting up to no good. In general, not making a value judgement. No, not much, as Elvis might've said.

FAFO

F634F294-11D0-46CE-A5CF-00AC19C68451.jpeg

The 38-year-old employee was taken to Harborview Medical Center in serious condition. Seattle police said the employee had "non-life-threatening gunshot wound injuries." On Tuesday a spokesperson with Harborview Medical Center said his condition improved to satisfactory.

Related...

KOMO News spoke to employees at a nearby dentist office who said a bullet traveled across the street and struck a chair inside the waiting room. No one inside the dentist office was injured.

unfathomable...

Lynnanne Nguyen

@LynnanneNguyen
·
21h

#BREAKING: 1 dead, 1 injured/in serious condition in shooting at King Smoke Shop near 80th & 15th Ave NW in Ballard.
@SeattlePD
believe they have a suspect in custody
@komonews

Let's run that by one more time.

@SeattlePD
"believe they have a suspect in custody"

oh well

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR