JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Umm convicted felon, working at an airport, 6 of the 7 stolen guns found at his home.

Quote from the article "He was released with a scheduled court date of Oct. 10."

Mmmkay.

Poor guy, was just trying to help out his girl and son, because there power got shutoff and they're being evicted.

Mmmkay.

Guy should actually be charged with federal crimes, being that these are handguns, and being that the thefts occurred within the realm of TSA no gun zone of the airport, and that he is a prohibited person.

But hey, poor guy was just trying to help his family, so we'll just release him until his court date. It's all good, he'll show up,...because he always does the rite thing.

Gonna have to hang him high for all to see.
That is if he doesn't flee.
If I were to profile, which is wrong, I would say he's Somali.
There might be more to this story.

;)

Yah, umm, convicted felons working in the restricted portion of the airport. I keep coming back to that glossed over topic of the article, because, well you see, he wasn't an airport employee, see, so it's all good...

Meanwhile they'll just continue to give gramma and grampa a good grope down, because, well, safety and such. Obviously.

What a farking joke!

What's more troubling to me is what wasn't reported.
How much stuff other then firearms is being looted by the contracted employee's?

What's more troubling to me is what wasn't reported.
How much stuff other then firearms is being looted by the contracted employee's?

No. Naw. Nu uh.

It's not like they would have access to restricted medications, or any number of high value items.

Wouldn't even cross there convicted felon minds.

Because he stole them to help out his family. Poor things were being evicted.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way he would have considered stealing lesser controlled items...nor would the untold number of convicted felons not working at the airport, because, well, there not airport employees. It's all good. Everything's fine.

Don't worry flying public, the guberments on it!

Still, I'm a little bit confused as why this was a city police thang. ATF should have been creaming themselves over this one. Too busy I suppose, what with all them forms and such they'd have to fill out and review, then send back for corrections, then review again...

We need more laws to fix this!

Oh yeah, that's right. It's already illegal. Huh. Then how do things like this possibly happen? :rolleyes:

The cynic in me says, since he has no assets it will be a catch and release. On the other hand, if he had a car, house, thousands in house hold goods, ect, he'd have a bail set too high to post and all his possessions would be confiscated and the family end up on government assistance.

In this case so TSA/Patriot Act all to keep us safe can't be held to blame. We just got lucky he was a common thief. What if he was evil and decided to put things in the luggage instead of taking things out. The excuse it was a 3rd party employer would be pretty weak.

We need more laws to fix this!

Oh yeah, that's right. It's already illegal. Huh. Then how do things like this possibly happen? :rolleyes:
Because baggage handlers are paid by the airlines and their contractors. They don't seem to be subject to the TSA and their rules or BGCs. This is the true underbelly of our airports and the way that any true terrorist would get himself and his lunchbox into a plane's innards. Will bet you that there are many others who are felons and could do the same thing.

The process of flying with a piece in your luggage is simple and doable, but putting a tag on a suitcase that does have one contained is just a red flag in front of a bull. Airlines should be held responsible for this happening.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews