JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn right they should. It's the airlines responsibility to ensure the people working there pass the required back ground checks. Contractors or not the airline bears the full weight as they are the ones that hire these contractors.

Crazy world we live in.

This guy, gets a "get out of jail card" for stealing guns. While already being a convicted felon.

Some innocent old lady with a squeaky clean record walks up to the checkpoint after not flying in 20 years, gets flagged for her revolver in her purse, gets tackled, man handled, likely groped, detained, questioned, and probably 8-10 years prison sentence.

Crazy world we live in.

This guy, gets a "get out of jail card" for stealing guns. While already being a convicted felon.

Some innocent old lady with a squeaky clean record walks up to the checkpoint after not flying in 20 years, gets flagged for her revolver in her purse, gets tackled, man handled, likely groped, detained, questioned, and probably 8-10 years prison sentence.

Kinda makes you question the direction of this great country doesn't it.

OK, for those that don't know, I am a 'beer guy'. Ex sales for a dist and now am a draft installer. Had to go out to PDX on Friday for a service call. Had 2 different styles of faucets and a faucet wrench which is about 4 1/2" long, with a faucet wrench on one end and a hex nut flat wrench on the other (needed to change a faucet if that was the problem.) Had my badge and got up to the scanner quickly. The 'officer' looked at this 1/8th" thing and said she had to go and measure its length to make sure it was too long! I have a badge to get into the secure area and have gone through the BGC.

Understand there is an opening in the baggage department.........

What's more troubling to me is what wasn't reported.
How much stuff other then firearms is being looted by the contracted employee's?
That was the first thing I thought of too. How many people got to where they were going, found valuables missing, and were blown off by the Airlines? This guy did not just start doing this right then and you know he was not the only one doing it.

That was the first thing I thought of too. How many people got to where they were going, found valuables missing, and were blown off by the Airlines? This guy did not just start doing this right then and you know he was not the only one doing it.
Probably not reported while they tried to sting this guy. To report it in the news might have scared him off. And they did get back 5 of the 6.

That guy seems to be the inevitable result of pushing "diversity" and "social justice".....
...….over "qualifications" and "actual justice".

That is exactly what went down and the result of it put many people in danger. I wonder if he will get federal charges or if it will get swept under the rug.

Probably not reported while they tried to sting this guy. To report it in the news might have scared him off. And they did get back 5 of the 6.
Yes of the guns this time. I have for years been hearing stories of people who get to where they are going to find stuff vanished. Airlines would make it all but impossible to do anything. This is a big part of why I stopped checking anything of real value through.

Cops always want guns off the street first, everything else is secondary

For the police, but what of all the other paying customers missing their meds, jewellery and other high dollar belongings.
Doesn't Grand Larceny count anymore, is that just the cost of doing business with the airlines.

Source: Portland International Airport bag handler accused of stealing guns from passengers' luggage

A 26-year-old man who worked as a baggage handler at Portland International Airport was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of stealing six guns checked in passengers' luggage.

Deshawn A. Kelly is alleged to have stolen from five people who checked their bags at the Portland airport between Aug. 28 and Sept. 18, court records show. All of them reported their handguns missing after getting their luggage back at their final destinations.

A Portland police detective placed replica guns in bags twice as bait to determine who was swiping the firearms and narrowed it down to Kelly, according to a probable cause affidavit. Investigators searched Kelly's home Tuesday and found five of the six guns reported missing, and Kelly admitted taking them, the affidavit said.

Court documents show he was convicted in July of attempted possession of a rented or leased motor vehicle, a felony under Oregon law barring him from having or handling guns.

Its the gun owners fault. If they did not have the guns in the first place poor DUSHAWN would have not have stole them.

For the police, but what of all the other paying customers missing their meds, jewellery and other high dollar belongings.
Doesn't Grand Larceny count anymore, is that just the cost of doing business with the airlines.
I totally agree but this crime story was about the guns. TSA needs to take over security of the baggage area and make new rules on who can work there. Gotta start somewhere.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top