JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He shot the bad guy in the back. That doesn't automatically mean that the bad guy wasn't still a threat, but it could get really difficult to prove. Who knows, maybe he's got a solid witness who isn't speaking to the public.

I think the fact that he shot him in the back will be the stickler in court. Pretty hard to say the guy was still a threat when you popped him in the back. Not saying he didn't deserve it, should have yelled to get him to turn around I guess.

If a guy who is already on probation, is callous enough to carry a gun, when he's most likely NOT allowed to have a gun, and go on to shoot someone for simply being denied entry to a business......I would certainly hope a grand jury would find that Jonathan Baer was protecting others by stopping the shooter.

As I understand it, as concealed firearm permit holders, we are allowed to:

Protect our selves from deadly force with deadly force.

Protect our family from deadly force with deadly force.

Protect others from deadly force with deadly force.

The first two I will do without question! Number three would need a lot more consideration, for me, however.

I sure hope Mr. Baer comes out of this okay. Hope he's got a good lawyer!

He shot the bad guy in the back. That doesn't automatically mean that the bad guy wasn't still a threat, but it could get really difficult to prove. Who knows, maybe he's got a solid witness who isn't speaking to the public.

I could have my back to you and still be firing at you.

A perfect example of how the facts of a story end up changing more then slightly when compared to the title of the thread!

It goes from a Bystander shooting the bad guy to an emp of the business shooting the bad guy in the back as he runs away from the scene.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top