JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He shot the bad guy in the back. That doesn't automatically mean that the bad guy wasn't still a threat, but it could get really difficult to prove. Who knows, maybe he's got a solid witness who isn't speaking to the public.

I think the fact that he shot him in the back will be the stickler in court. Pretty hard to say the guy was still a threat when you popped him in the back. Not saying he didn't deserve it, should have yelled to get him to turn around I guess.

If a guy who is already on probation, is callous enough to carry a gun, when he's most likely NOT allowed to have a gun, and go on to shoot someone for simply being denied entry to a business......I would certainly hope a grand jury would find that Jonathan Baer was protecting others by stopping the shooter.

As I understand it, as concealed firearm permit holders, we are allowed to:

Protect our selves from deadly force with deadly force.

Protect our family from deadly force with deadly force.

Protect others from deadly force with deadly force.

The first two I will do without question! Number three would need a lot more consideration, for me, however.

I sure hope Mr. Baer comes out of this okay. Hope he's got a good lawyer!

He shot the bad guy in the back. That doesn't automatically mean that the bad guy wasn't still a threat, but it could get really difficult to prove. Who knows, maybe he's got a solid witness who isn't speaking to the public.

I could have my back to you and still be firing at you.

A perfect example of how the facts of a story end up changing more then slightly when compared to the title of the thread!

It goes from a Bystander shooting the bad guy to an emp of the business shooting the bad guy in the back as he runs away from the scene.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top