JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This will be interesting, though. Was the bystander drinking and carrying? Don't get me wrong! Glad the guy was there protecting the strippers, customers and bouncers!!

And, where were the "Sworn to Protect. Dedicated to Serve."

Out of curiosity, is it legal in OR to conceal carry in a club/bar?
Yes, unlike in WA where it isn't.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Out of curiosity, is it legal in OR to conceal carry in a club/bar?
Oregon is one of very few states that allows concealed carry in bars. I don't remember what Oregon law says about actually drinking while cc'ing, but I bet it could open up civil liability if you ever had to use it while intoxicated.

Edit: Oops, I stepped away from the computer to help my wife with something before hitting the save post tab, and deen_ad beat me to it.

Oregon is one of very few states that allows concealed carry in bars. I don't remember what Oregon law says about actually drinking while cc'ing, but I bet it could open up civil liability if you ever had to use it while intoxicated.

I don't think Oregon law says anything about actual drinking when CC. If you are under the legal limit viz. driving, what would be the problem (e.g. you had a beer or two and not drunk)? Civil litigation is another thing but that will always be the case.

"Portland is a safe city; however, gun violence is pervasive. As we've seen elsewhere, it's really easy for someone with a gun to hurt a lot of people," said Sgt. Greg Stewart with the Portland Police Bureau

....and a whole lot less easy when a legal carry citizen busts a cap in his ***.

I believe the law for firearm use covers the drinking while in bars. If you are over the legal limit, it is a felony.

Now, with that said, only one of the three articles say he was a concealed handgun owner. And that one says he was a bouncer. Kind of crap reporting from the other ones, or is it a narrative thing?

To perform a mashup of various peoples sound bites,"How many times must a good guy with a gun stop a bad guy with a gun for us to understand firearms save lives?"

I believe the law for firearm use covers the drinking while in bars. If you are over the legal limit, it is a felony.

Now, with that said, only one of the three articles say he was a concealed handgun owner. And that one says he was a bouncer. Kind of crap reporting from the other ones, or is it a narrative thing?

To perform a mashup of various peoples sound bites,"How many times must a good guy with a gun stop a bad guy with a gun for us to understand firearms save lives?"

No, the bouncer was one of the bg shooters victims.

No, the bouncer was one of the bg shooters victims.

According to the middle link:
<broken link removed>

A DJ who works at the club and witnessed the shooting told KATU it was another bouncer who shot the suspect.

"I know that he's a military vet, does have a concealed weapons permit, and took matters into his own hands to save everyone else," Ian Boynton said. "As far as we're concerned, he's a hero."

Good for the "Bystander" whoever it was. I would have gone for center of mass instead of hitting the perp in the club. What part of the body is the club, anyway? Did he have a club foot? :s0084:

Taku
Are you new here??? . . . All of these news slugs dress these events in the garb of their selected and accepted narrative.
Do you really expect to get anything resembling the truth??

Sheldon

Taku
Are you new here??? . . . All of these news slugs dress these events in the garb of their selected and accepted narrative.
Do you really expect to get anything resembling the truth??

Sheldon

Hardly, but you would at least think they would get it straight who was shot. Maybe they had 2 bouncers ?
They sure are being hush about the good guy that stopped it. Not on their agenda :-/

I was right there a few months back when Mystics had their last shooting. Actually I was across the street enjoying dinner and boobies at Club 205.

Why anyone would even go to Mystics with Club 205 right across the street is beyond me. The women are not even half as hot.

I was parked in front of Mystics though and was FORCED to stay in Club 205 for four hours while the cops acted like they were doing something productive with their caution tape. It was agonizing being forced to stay in there!

If there is one place you always want to CC it is in a strip joint. That is the one place a disgrunted life loser is going to go to take his frustrations out.

Club 205 has no anti-CC signs that I could see, and I never ask.

There is no way I would go to any strip club without being armed.

Hopefully for them, the ownership at Mystics is lying the cops pockets at bit or they'll be closed down soon.

I was right there a few months back when Mystics had their last shooting. Actually I was across the street enjoying dinner and boobies at Club 205.

Why anyone would even go to Mystics with Club 205 right across the street is beyond me. The women are not even half as hot.

I was parked in front of Mystics though and was FORCED to stay in Club 205 for four hours while the cops acted like they were doing something productive with their caution tape. It was agonizing being forced to stay in there!

If there is one place you always want to CC it is in a strip joint. That is the one place a disgrunted life loser is going to go to take his frustrations out.

Club 205 has no anti-CC signs that I could see, and I never ask.

There is no way I would go to any strip club without being armed.
Anyone ever go to the Beaver's Inn on 82nd? It's torn down now.. talk about bottom o the barrel skanks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top