Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Portland -- Bystander Shoots Attacker in Club

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fyrediver, Jan 12, 2014.

1. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

News is reporting that an un-involved bystander shot a man who entered a strip club and began shooting people including the bouncer. Is this another situation that would have been worse if there hadn't been a concealed carrier at the club?

Out of curiosity, is it legal in OR to conceal carry in a club/bar?

Gunman hits 3 before being shot by bystander at Portland club | KING5.com Seattle

One man fighting for life, three more hurt after Mystic strip club shootout | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Update on Saturday Evening Shooting at Mystic Gentleman's Club in Southeast Portland's Hazelwood Neighborhood

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

This will be interesting, though. Was the bystander drinking and carrying? Don't get me wrong! Glad the guy was there protecting the strippers, customers and bouncers!!

And, where were the "Sworn to Protect. Dedicated to Serve."

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

titty

4. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Yes, unlike in WA where it isn't.

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

fyrediver, Taku, wcarroll19 and 3 others like this.
  5. Beefcake

Beefcake Portland Active Member

Oregon is one of very few states that allows concealed carry in bars. I don't remember what Oregon law says about actually drinking while cc'ing, but I bet it could open up civil liability if you ever had to use it while intoxicated.

Edit: Oops, I stepped away from the computer to help my wife with something before hitting the save post tab, and deen_ad beat me to it.

wcarroll19 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't think Oregon law says anything about actual drinking when CC. If you are under the legal limit viz. driving, what would be the problem (e.g. you had a beer or two and not drunk)? Civil litigation is another thing but that will always be the case.

7. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

....and a whole lot less easy when a legal carry citizen busts a cap in his ***.

8. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Oregon law says nothing about CCing while drinking (or at bars) and we need to keep it that way.

LogicBomb, drew, bcdon and 13 others like this.
  9. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I believe the law for firearm use covers the drinking while in bars. If you are over the legal limit, it is a felony.

Now, with that said, only one of the three articles say he was a concealed handgun owner. And that one says he was a bouncer. Kind of crap reporting from the other ones, or is it a narrative thing?

To perform a mashup of various peoples sound bites,"How many times must a good guy with a gun stop a bad guy with a gun for us to understand firearms save lives?"

gryghin and (deleted member) like this.
  10. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

No, the bouncer was one of the bg shooters victims.

11. Morpheus

According to the middle link:
    One man fighting for life, three more hurt after Mystic strip club shootout | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

A DJ who works at the club and witnessed the shooting told KATU it was another bouncer who shot the suspect.

"I know that he’s a military vet, does have a concealed weapons permit, and took matters into his own hands to save everyone else," Ian Boynton said. "As far as we're concerned, he’s a hero."

12. U201491

They dont even get their stories the same from link to link

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Good for the "Bystander" whoever it was. I would have gone for center of mass instead of hitting the perp in the club. What part of the body is the club, anyway? Did he have a club foot? :poke:

14. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

Hopefully the "staff" gives the good guy free lap dances for life!

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Morpheus

Yeah, kind of my point. No one in the news industry cares about getting facts and reporting said facts these days. It is all sensationalism.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Fisher Bill

Fisher Bill Tigard Member

I've been to one club out on Columbia Blvd about 15 years ago and they wanded all of the patrons for metal, I had to check my pocket knife at the door.

17. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Taku
    Are you new here??? . . . All of these news slugs dress these events in the garb of their selected and accepted narrative.
    Do you really expect to get anything resembling the truth??

Sheldon

18. U201491

Hardly, but you would at least think they would get it straight who was shot. Maybe they had 2 bouncers ?
    They sure are being hush about the good guy that stopped it. Not on their agenda :-/

19. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I was right there a few months back when Mystics had their last shooting. Actually I was across the street enjoying dinner and boobies at Club 205.

Why anyone would even go to Mystics with Club 205 right across the street is beyond me. The women are not even half as hot.

I was parked in front of Mystics though and was FORCED to stay in Club 205 for four hours while the cops acted like they were doing something productive with their caution tape. It was agonizing being forced to stay in there!

If there is one place you always want to CC it is in a strip joint. That is the one place a disgrunted life loser is going to go to take his frustrations out.

Club 205 has no anti-CC signs that I could see, and I never ask.

There is no way I would go to any strip club without being armed.

Hopefully for them, the ownership at Mystics is lying the cops pockets at bit or they'll be closed down soon.

20. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Anyone ever go to the Beaver's Inn on 82nd? It's torn down now.. talk about bottom o the barrel skanks!