JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Notice how since it was a CC person that brought down the perp that part of the story is completely downplayed or ignored?

Now if a cop did that there would be a brass band and ticker tape parade.

Here's an ignorant question, though: how does Washington law define "bar?"

Am I possible in trouble at a restaurant that serves liquor? Is there a 51% rule? What's the breakdown?

Bar is any area posted 21 or over.

So Red Robin's restaurant area, even though liquor may be served is ok, but their bar area is not. All about the signage.

When I was parked in Mystics last year for that other shooting I had my in-car 1080p DVR recorder installation 80% complete. It would have captured a bird's eye view of the perps.

Any bar at the mercy of the OLCC or other gov anti-bar agency that doesn't invest in HD surveillance is idiotic. (Mystic's has lots of them, C205 does also)

The fact that the CC shooter was a Mystic bouncer adds a wrinkle. The bar itself can be found liable for the actions of an employee if the action is part of the employee's job duties/description.

My guess is the bar was not aware of the CC and the guy's reward will be his firing.

First I heard of this was yesterday 1/12, in the evening, near 24 hours after the incident. The report stated a man went in the bar and shot people, and a man with a fire arm shot HIM, just like that. What do you guys expect? Really? For the cops to have every little detail available to the the media immediately? Any shooting or accident or anything that takes some investigation, takes some time before the police can release info. I thought it was a great thing to hear just the way it was.

Then this afternoon, hearing Lars flap his gums about the media, and he says "Not MY station though....And then the 101.1 news comes on and tells the story, minus the bad guy being shot by a cwp holder. LOL

Yes, unlike in WA where it isn't.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Well I bet it's gonna be put on the Dems chopping block this year, their voting base is getting shot to hell!!!!

Hopefully the "staff" gives the good guy free lap dances for life!

My guess is he is already fired for conceal carrying on his job. As a bouncer, Mystics is legally liable for his actions and they probably set out to minimize that liability immediately.

If it were a stripper that came out blazing or even a bartender that might not be the case. But since force is part of the job description of a bouncer, a court would most likely put the bouncers actions in sync with the liability of the club.

The perp and his family will most likely be suing Mystics. Yes, that is messed up. The OLCC will be working overtime to find ways to close down the club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respondeat_superior

Sad really because a lot of bouncers probably decided to CC after the one at Grand Central got shot to death outside the place in 2012.

Mystics is a nasty dive anyway, no one will miss it. At least when it was Hooters you could watch UFC there.

All that said, hats off to the bouncer there that CC'd and saved the day.

Question: Are bouncers considered to be Security Guards? If so, the State of Oregon would require that they have DPSST certification, and if carrying, be certified as such.

If this is the case, and he was packing while on duty, my guess is that he will almost certainly lose his job, even though his actions were justified.

Update: the "alleged" perp in the shooting died from his wounds. Now to see what they're going to do to the defensive shooter. Will he be rewarded or prosecuted?

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads