JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
This is exactly what the PTB want:

1) The registry of those who comply and eventually their guns (one gun is enough to put them on a list) - although, as I have said before, many times, the current BGC law in place serves that purpose, as I am sure that although the PTB are not supposed to, they do keep the data somewhere.

2) Severely reduce gun purchases by those who won't comply - at least, legal gun purchases. For some of us, it won't have much, if any, direct effect as we already have what we want/need, but it will significantly reduce purchases overall, which in turn will reduce purchases at gun stores and online. Some smaller FFLs will feel the pinch.

I voted no. I have a good collection that fits well into my needs. I have plenty of STANDARD capacity magazines to last my lifetime. I don't really need another firearm and if I'm to be completely honest the last few years of assaults on our rights has made me lose some interest in the shooting sports. I will ALWAYS vote against ANY measure that infringes upon those rights but my activity with firearms in general has been fairly low. I hate to admit it, but all the drama, political trolling and hate mail I've received here at NWFA doesn't help either. Probably why I've been so inactive around here lately.

I go weeks without opening my big safe these days. :(
Don't let them take away your joy of freedom and liberty, these bastages will be put in their rightful place soon enough. Get out there and make some joyful noise, exercise your God given rights and to he!! With man's unjust. And illegal laws…

I'm going shooting tomorrow!!!!

Big talkers. Either you move out of this state or eventually you will likely cave and get the permit. I'd guess anyone over 40 i'll give a 50% chance of staying off the permit/registry. Anyone under 40 i'd say 90% chance you get a permit.

FOMO is very real.

Big talkers. Either you move out of this state or eventually you will likely cave and get the permit. I'd guess anyone over 40 i'll give a 50% chance of staying off the permit/registry. Anyone under 40 i'd say 90% chance you get a permit.

FOMO is very real.
Moving and have a nice collection. It is a good reason for me to avoid buying.

I watched a video of one being done with router and 5d tactical jig. It took time and aluminum shavings were everywhere.
The time factor isn't really that big of a deal. Time flys when you're having fun, but... oh yeah... the mess can be a deterrent. Prepping an area to help keep it confined and the after clean-up is "no joy".

Those dolla tree plastic tablecloths as disposables are your friend! Large carboard box to enclose your drill press/work area. Soft foam or similar to plug gaps between the lower and the jig sides to increase suction on the milling surface.... they all help.

FOMO is very real.
How about us old codgers turning 70 in a couple of years?

Do you have a table of age vs. risk of getting a permit?

This is exactly what the PTB want:

1) The registry of those who comply and eventually their guns (one gun is enough to put them on a list) - although, as I have said before, many times, the current BGC law in place serves that purpose, as I am sure that although the PTB are not supposed to, they do keep the data somewhere.

2) Severely reduce gun purchases by those who won't comply - at least, legal gun purchases. For some of us, it won't have much, if any, direct effect as we already have what we want/need, but it will significantly reduce purchases overall, which in turn will reduce purchases at gun stores and online. Some smaller FFLs will feel the pinch.
It will be our duty to turn newbie gun buyers on to 80% firearms. I wish I would have got in to the 80% game a long time ago. But completed firearms were cheap and easy to buy. I should have saw the writing on the wall. Now you have to mostly buy jigs separate from frames and prices are not as good. At least you can have them shipped to your door.

It will be our duty to turn newbie gun buyers on to 80% firearms. I wish I would have got in to the 80% game a long time ago. But completed firearms were cheap and easy to buy. I should have saw the writing on the wall. Now you have to mostly buy jigs separate from frames and prices are not as good. At least you can have them shipped to your door.
Someone should post a poly80 frame guide as to which jigs will do what size frames. Some of them can do 2 sizes but it's not intuitive. IE., the SC jig is the most difficult to find for sale (but will do SC and C sizes (after drilling out a marked undrilled hole), but if you can't find an SC, you need the full size jig that does full and SC sizes (but not drilling out one of the predrilled holes).

There are other options too. Like a $15 pre printed 3D drill hole guide that will do them all, but provides no support when removing/filing the tabs and spring channel.

You're just one state SNAFU behind. 941 was the one that made me take the plunge.... and they're "fabuloussss..". ;)

Last Edited:
Is a separate permit required for each purchase or is it a one and done permit?
Yes, and No, it's good for 5 years ( until they decide to change it) and it's supposed to be good for as many purchases as you want ( until they write in limits, cause it ain't actually settled yet) so, that's what there is for now!

NOPE! I will not comply!

There are so many guns that I want to purchase that I know are at risk of being banned soon on the federal level. It sucks that I won't be able to buy them before this happens.

I was born and raised here in Oregon and it is sad to see what she has become. Measure 114, on top of all the traffic and new condos in my area just gives me another reason why I am despising Oregon now. I calculated that I won't be able to buy a house here until I'm in my late 40s, and that is just with the current housing market. Oregon's vibe has changed drastically since everyone started moving up here around 2015. I'm giving Oregon a year to see where 114 is going. If I see no progress working in our favor, I'll start making plans on moving to a new state.

As mentioned by someone in an earlier post, If we somehow vote in a permit requirement and background checks just to buy ammo, knowing how Oregon is we will be there soon, it'll be the final nail in the coffin for me living here.

FOMO is very real.
I'm under 40. Watch me. I'll do everything/anything to avoid the permit/public data base.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top