JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
Reactions
Poll question in title, please vote no or yes.

If you vote no please share why and how you will fill the void of not being able to receive transfers of firearms through FFLs any longer.

If you voted yes, thanks for your time.

I am pledging to not get a permit to purchase until I exhaust every other legal avenue to increase the amount of firearms in this State. We and I have plenty of legal options to do that without getting a permit to purchase. It will hurt FFLs financially and I am sorry for that. I will try make purchases and use their services that don't require me to have a permit to purchase.

Edit. I plan to tinker with 80% blanks, more wacky home builds, transfers with exempted persons, legal out of State acquisitions and if I get desparate maybe 3d printing.

I have so many firearms that could be rebarreled, reconfigured, etc that many will feel like a new to me firearm. The best part is no more filling out form 4473s, no more waiting for bg checks to clear and no more transfer fees. They didn't have to do that in 1776 and we don't have to do that now. In a twisted way I owe LEVO a thank you. They are still scumbags but scumbags that are going to inspire the creation of many new unregistered and untraceable firearms.

Rev. Knutter and his klan can kiss my grits.

Last Edited:
No.

I can get by fine with what I have.

I do feel empathy for dealers though.

And I know plenty of gun owners that vote, myself included....but when the system is broken, it's time to start "Voting" a different way...

Don't live in OR but the way this is going I can easily see it coming to WA. If they decide we need some version of a FOID card here I will go get one just like I keep a permit to carry. Will I like it? No.
I despise permits to carry too, which is why I never got instant bg check approvals.

Its not just about training and a permit to purchase. There will also be a state run registry of gun owners and the guns they purchase under 114.

So that's a hard no for me.

Massive non-compliance and a return to "off book" firearm sales?

"SWM seeking committed companionship with available forty-five SFA."

????

-E-

In addition the the above stated reasons, years ago I bought all the firearms, magazines, and loads of SHTF ammo that I considered to really need over the course of my lifetime.

With the exception of the M60 machine gun and M203 grenade launcher (and other NFA type stuff), most are of the type I have used in the military and still know how to operate in my sleep, and in enough quantities to equip an infantry squad if ever needed.

I saw those grubby little beatches coming way back when, so I'm ready… I just wish I could buy back 20-30 years.

The only gun left that I "want" has been out of stock for a couple years; a Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk Bisley in 454 Casul… but it's a "want" and not a "need" so I can live without it. I'm hard that way.

At this point in my life I'm done jumping hoops so some highly educated retard can enjoy telling me to jump and deciding if it's good enough.

My name will never willingly go into a public database. I'm lucky that I have just about everything I need to get by this s*t storm until I retire and move to a free state. In the meantime, I'll concentrate on a few builds I've been putting off and stockpiling ammo.

There's one option missing.

1669127757773.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No.
We have the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and it is a blatant infringement on our constitutional right to require a permission slip from state officials to exercise that right.
I have guns, I have ammo. I'm limited on space and budget as it already stands, so I won't be considering any new transfers within the state of Oregon. Mostly considering moving back up the mountain.

Last Edited:
I Voted NO!!!!!! I do not want to be in a publicly searchable database. I hope the FFL I go to will see the light and use the 3 business day rule for me. If not I have to send the last 3 I am waiting for out of state to make sure they are not in limbo.

Another no vote. Every aspect of it is objectionable, but the database, which includes everything one would have purchased on that license is probably the worst. Although truth be told I probably wouldn't bother even if that weren't part of the equation. As far as what the plan is assuming the measure is here to stay… probably time to move out a better state. It's not hard to find one, most them are better than this one these days. Not just for the gun rights, by the way. It seems like the powers that be here are determined to run the state into the ground. Everything is constantly getting worse and it seems most voters like it this way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top