JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
heres the deal about all of us that already have what we need, the intent of gun control doesnt care about us not needing to beg permission or get on a public list.

All they care about is the new generations who are starting from scratch. Once they kill future gun rights and shooting sports they will work on the grandfathered guns making them non transferable or turned in.
Yuppers, my brother in-law who lives in Alberta, and his hand gun collection are basically worthless now. He cant leave them for his son, or sell them to anyone, he wants to bring down here to sell them to me, uuummm, im sure our turnip n chief would frown on that, lolololool.

Yuppers, my brother in-law who lives in Alberta, and his hand gun collection are basically worthless now. He cant leave them for his son, or sell them to anyone, he wants to bring down here to sell them to me, uuummm, im sure our turnip n chief would frown on that, lolololool.
Well... obviously!!! If you're gonna go blabbin about it!

If no one knows and you never get caught... did a crime really happen?

Oops.. My English is not so perfect... wrong one! I meant:
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

(That's the one I was looking for. My bad... Damn google translate!)👍

Last Edited:
Probably yes, though I'll have a better idea after the dust has settled. I can't move, as much as I desperately want to, so that's not an option. And I want more guns. So unfortunately I'll have to just bite the bullet and do it.

I don't care about my name being on a database. Every time you buy a gun and you fill out a 4473, your paperwork is kept by the FFL for the ATF indefinitely. The way I see it, that's pretty much a "list" right there. So what if Oregon has my name on a database somewhere. I don't believe in conspiracies about bosses searching for gun owners to avoid hiring and all of that nonsense. Most aren't anywhere near smart enough to do that anyways.

Probably yes, though I'll have a better idea after the dust has settled. I can't move, as much as I desperately want to, so that's not an option. And I want more guns. So unfortunately I'll have to just bite the bullet and do it.

I don't care about my name being on a database. Every time you buy a gun and you fill out a 4473, your paperwork is kept by the FFL for the ATF indefinitely. The way I see it, that's pretty much a "list" right there. So what if Oregon has my name on a database somewhere. I don't believe in conspiracies about bosses searching for gun owners to avoid hiring and all of that nonsense. Most aren't anywhere near smart enough to do that anyways.
That's the part we don't quite know yet. It's not like an FFL keeping your info locally that only he has access to. They are doing a public accessible database, but it's yet to be seen "how" public it will be? Only with a FOIA request? Accessible to any study group or university for statistical purposes... which we know how secure that would be with any student potentially having access.

Or like what happened in CA... TWICE.. where the maintaining agency (CA gooverment) simply blasted the full database with all personal info across the entire internet. To be fair... they did say, "Ooops!"... both times.

I'm not trying to sway you, but for informational purposes... and I would say a potential employer excluding me from a job by discriminating against a gun owner would be the least of my concerns. The one that freaks me out the most is providing all the criminal elements in our community with a firearms shopping list... complete with directions!! ;)

Obviously there is also the real potential of opening up yet another avenue for ID theft since such a database would contain all of your particulars and, being billed as a 'public database' it seems reasonable to assume security is likely to be much more lax than say... your DMV records.

We'll see.... won't we.👍

Just a side note on the CA thing that made me chuckle. After the "oops's", they announced they had and would be releasing the database to various study groups on request. A lawsuit was filed against the state to stop it... and the states defense to have the suit dismissed?

Harm could not be shown. They already released the entire database to the world, twice, so what does it matter now if they give it to a few gun control study groups.

I kid you not! Although I never did follow up to see how it played out... and... it's Kalifederation. What do I care?:s0140:

We know how it goes... gun-control idiocy starts in KA and migrates North. It might be only a matter of time for us to see the same lunacy.

This is one part of this that I always have a hard time getting my head around. People act like they are going to be on some "list" with a lot of things. Yet they buy ammo with a credit card? Use the internet to order guns and or ammo? Then some POS law like this comes along and some think this is going to put them on a "list"?:confused:
All of us who have a permit to carry, or buy guns from an FFL, we are already in the database. while this latest law is a POS, its not going to take people who are not on the dreaded "list" and put them there.

Gun owners don't vote.
For everyone laughing, gun owners really don't vote nor do they fight the incoming bullbubblegum. When we went through 1639 up here in WA I joined groups aimed at unifying to work against it. All I found was stupid infighting and complete chaos immediately. It didn't end. People argued about the dumbest bubblegum and tore each other apart as opposed to having a discussion on how we beat a nonsensical law aimed at stopping gun sales in our state. Then you ask the same folks if they voted and it's generally a "no, we wouldn't win anyway" and I'll admit I'm guilty of that attitude myself.

For everyone laughing, gun owners really don't vote nor do they fight the incoming bullbubblegum. When we went through 1639 up here in WA I joined groups aimed at unifying to work against it. All I found was stupid infighting and complete chaos immediately. It didn't end. People argued about the dumbest bubblegum and tore each other apart as opposed to having a discussion on how we beat a nonsensical law aimed at stopping gun sales in our state. Then you ask the same folks if they voted and it's generally a "no, we wouldn't win anyway" and I'll admit I'm guilty of that attitude myself.
The infighting and internal criticism definitely plays out here.

The infighting and internal criticism definitely plays out here.
True true. Although I didn't really notice too many folk riding the "I ain't gonna vote, it's all rigged" bench this time around. The majority seems raring to try and flush this turd. Sometimes... they just circle and won't go down... ;)

True true. Although I didn't really notice too many folk riding the "I ain't gonna vote, it's all rigged" bench this time around. The majority seems raring to try and flush this turd. Sometimes... they just circle and won't go down... ;)
Sadly you have to remember this group is just a VERY small slice of the gun owning public. Yet even here you see enough "I don't vote and you should not either" to be concerning. Most of them get VERY angry when you point this out which speaks volumes. Where you get to see it play out is when stuff like this is fought. One of our supporting vendors tried to get WA a do over for 1639. After a lot of work and money they could not even get enough gun owners to bother to sign the petition to get it back on the ballot again. That shows you how few gun owners will lift a finger to protect their rights sadly. Another big "tell" will play out here the next year or so. You will see people come here over the top angry when they go to buy another gun and suddenly find out about this law. The law they had no idea ever happened. We do not have a outnumbered problem. We have a will not lift a finger problem. :(

Sadly you have to remember this group is just a VERY small slice of the gun owning public. Yet even here you see enough "I don't vote and you should not either" to be concerning. Most of them get VERY angry when you point this out which speaks volumes. Where you get to see it play out is when stuff like this is fought. One of our supporting vendors tried to get WA a do over for 1639. After a lot of work and money they could not even get enough gun owners to bother to sign the petition to get it back on the ballot again. That shows you how few gun owners will lift a finger to protect their rights sadly. Another big "tell" will play out here the next year or so. You will see people come here over the top angry when they go to buy another gun and suddenly find out about this law. The law they had no idea ever happened. We do not have a outnumbered problem. We have a will not lift a finger problem. :(
With respect, I don't buy this. If the majority of people in Oregon were gun owners, this state would be solidly Red. The problem are Fudds and, even worse, the sheer amount of morons who claim to be gun owners while proudly admitting they vote Democrat. I can't tell you how many times I've encountered these clowns. PDXgunnuts Reddit page is full of them, and that's just one area of Oregon.

We don't have a laziness problem, we have a demographics problem. Too many people that just don't see guns as a central part of their safety and the security of their communities and country.

We don't have a laziness problem, we have a demographics problem. Too many people that just don't see guns as a central part of their safety and the security of their communities and country.
I agree that it is demographical and attitudinal, but gun rights isn't just about safety, it is about rights.

Even if I thought it had nothing to do about safety/security, I would still vote to support the rights of a person to possess something that they wanted to possess as long as that possession did not endanger someone else or infringe on their rights. Whether I had an interest in having the item myself, or not, would be irrelevant to me.

E.G., I support the right of someone to self-medicate, or even use substances for recreational purposes, although I do not and would not (without the advice of healthcare professionals). What someone ingests into their bodies in their own business and government control of that (ostensibly for their own protection) is just another form of control in order to have power over their lives and the lives of others.

With respect, I don't buy this. If the majority of people in Oregon were gun owners, this state would be solidly Red. The problem are Fudds and, even worse, the sheer amount of morons who claim to be gun owners while proudly admitting they vote Democrat. I can't tell you how many times I've encountered these clowns. PDXgunnuts Reddit page is full of them, and that's just one area of Oregon.

Its the same thing. You have a LOT of gun owners who support laws like this. It does not matter what the "excuse" is, you have gun owners voting to take gun rights away. Then you have gun owners who do not like it telling you to not vote because we are outnumbered so they toss their ballot in the trash. So the problem is not the tossing the ballot in the trash, the problem is we are outnumbered? :confused:

It's a dumb problem, over 50% are unarmed and believe they can vote to not get shot while also voting for criminals to be set free and/or not even be prosecuted.

Its the same thing. You have a LOT of gun owners who support laws like this. It does not matter what the "excuse" is, you have gun owners voting to take gun rights away. Then you have gun owners who do not like it telling you to not vote because we are outnumbered so they toss their ballot in the trash. So the problem is not the tossing the ballot in the trash, the problem is we are outnumbered? :confused:
We are a minority group for sure.

It's a dumb problem, over 50% are unarmed and believe they can vote to not get shot while also voting for criminals to be set free and/or not even be prosecuted.
Agreed. While believing that good guys with guns don't stop bad guys with guns, but their first reaction to a threat is to call a good guy... with a gun... to stop the bad guy with a gun.

Ohh.. that's right. They defunded all the good guys with guns.

Me and mine... we're our own "good guys with guns"... and all I gotta say is... good luck with that ya woke-tards!! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top