JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
The GG3 can do 0% lowers too....
0%?? It's not quite there yet and rather deceptive, IMHO. It can do some of the receiver from 0% stock, but you still have to purchase the "lower-lower" premilled section and either purchase the tower section (all 3 parts required) or... you can CNC one but requires other specialized tools (additional $200 kit) to actually complete it.

80% receivers are, for the moment, still allowed. I doubt it will be long before they go after those too, though.

That certainly puts machines like the GG3 on the radar, though. Especially since it's not limited to only doing AR style receivers, but it seems the affordable desktop style CNC's are still a ways off from being a practical solution. Just the raw materials and required parts for 1 receiver will run you $110 + shipping and that's not even factoring in the machine itself... for a highly proprietary receiver.... dependent on a proprietary source for proprietary parts necessary for completion.

The easy and affordable solution... stock cheap 80% deep enough to hold over the next generation or two. :s0155:

Affordable desktop 3D printers and true 0% CNC's capable of producing MFG quality frames and receivers are both an eventuality, IMHO.

Last Edited:
0%?? It's not quite there yet and rather deceptive, IMHO. It can do some of the receiver from 0% stock, but you still have to purchase the "lower-lower" premilled section and either purchase the tower section (all 3 parts required) or... you can CNC one but requires other specialized tools (additional $200 kit) to actually complete it.

80% receivers are, for the moment, still allowed. I doubt it will be long before they go after those too, though.

That certainly puts machines like the GG3 on the radar, though. Especially since it's not limited to only doing AR style receivers, but it seems the affordable desktop style CNC's are still a ways off from being a practical solution. Just the raw materials and required parts for 1 receiver will run you $110 + shipping and that's not even factoring in the machine itself... for a highly proprietary receiver.... dependent on a proprietary source for proprietary parts necessary for completion.
Yea, I missed the "lower-lower" part being needed too. I'm not a big fan of the way they do those lowers. It can certainly do more than it could just a few years ago, but not quite as simple a process as 3D printing. Still better than whittling one out of a block of aluminum by hand though!

General consensus is that it jams quite a bit. It is kind of an old FMDA design.
What's "FMDA"?

The only thing that comes to mind... in the "not very reliable" department would be naughty. (*uck Me in Da A** design??)

I highly doubt it's referencing "Fujitsu Media Devices of America"... right?

I feel pretty strongly that NO I will not apply for a permit to purchase a firearm not just on the base "Right To Bear Arms" constitutional platform but I don't trust my name and personal information not to be used inappropriately or leaked/hacked by "mistake".

How will I fill that void in my gun buying? Well I have a Ghost Gunner arriving at some point, so depending how the ATF 80% rule goes and how difficult it is to actually use the GG3 I'll at least be able to make project guns for me and the kids to take shooting. 5-10 Year plan: move out of Oregon and this west coast BS.
It looks like the major gun manufacturers are planning to rely on government contracts over rallying to help civilians customers in the US. I would think their biggest base. I could be wrong.

I get it could be bad PR to help, but only for people who aren't going to buy guns anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top