JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
I voted yes though I didn't say when which is a long time in the future.
114 will have legal challenges. I'm guessing the mag ban will stand but the database will ultimately fail.

Should the database remain a requirement I'll stick to plan B which is legal out of state purchases.

As for the gun shows, I haven't enjoyed one in Oregon or Arizona for a while. I have gone and was disappointed.

gun.deals has become my online gun show.

Has anybody been given serious though to what this is going to do to gun shows?
I can't imagine gun shows surviving considering the primary emphasis with them is buying/selling/trading guns.

AND even if 114 were to survive and somehow come to fruition will there be enough permit holders to warrant gun shows?

With any luck 114 will go down in flames in court. So Ill be holding off at first.
There are firearms I still want.. so Ill either have to pick those up when I move or play the permit game.. if years go by and 114 as we know it stands without change.. but Oregon threatens an AWB.. I would like to purchase a few more firearms I know will be on the ban list. So this is a tough situation. If 114 does not go away, Im absolutely certain 2-6 years from now Oregon WIIL pass an AWB or forced registration of previously owned firearms scheme.

Last Edited:
NO
I already jumped thru the same hoops to get a CPL and paid the fees and still paying to renew. Why in the hell should I have to do the exact same again and pay more extortion fees to exercise a constitutional right. The whole bit about having a database is again a hard NO, refer to my signatures below.

I already have what I need it doesnt include all my wants but I can get by playing with current collection. I still have several I havnt shot yet so there is still new toy excitement to be had.

I have this problem of not thinking twice to spend $400 on a gun, but hate spending $400 on ammo. Now I have a good reason to get out and shoot more instead of collecting.

That, and antiques have always been an interest and I've yet to delve deep into the realm of black powder.

They made me the criminal I'll become.

6B4428BC-4DB0-4A44-81AD-E1766402E594.jpeg

I remember the horror stories of the CA DOJ showing up at the door of those who registered and demanding to make sure their rifles were compliant. No way in hell will I willingly put my name in a database for Stalanists.

voted no, I got what i need and i am not going to do the dog and pony show to exercise a right. Plus, no more money for them.

now if we could get some non tax paying, civil disobedience crap going on and really hit them where it hurts.

No.

My rights are not negotiable. These are the compromises the left has been lying about for decades. Gun owners gained nothing in this attack. I won't cosign it by giving in.

Luckily I have everything I need. Multiple calibers and various platforms. Not the latest and greatest but enough. Every overreach they get, they finish by saying, it's a good start.

I'm sure the AWB, food preps and storage issues will be next. This law should be contained to Portland as they are the one who really wants it.

Nope I won't buy a gun while I live in oregon oregon. Won't go through the process of a permit and definitely won't be put into a data base with all my firearms. Especially if it is open to the public.

That, and antiques have always been an interest and I've yet to delve deep into the realm of black powder.
True antiques don't do much for me. Pre 1899? Not sure of the metallurgy of the time, funky ammo that's expensive or has to be formed at home. And slugs for them. I think they should change the designation and my 1902 Swede Mauser considered an "antique". :( And I doubt I'd ever go black powder. But then, I've never played with the platform?

Last Edited:
No.

I prepared well in advance as soon as it appeared they would have the required signatures.
I have very little reason to get the permit. I have the guns I need, and then some. I've been prepping for decades in that respect and in the last couple of years I shuffled some guns around to get those I needed more than the ones I had. So I am pretty much done with buying/selling guns. Now I will concentrate on accessories and modifications.

I got one last gun coming in this afternoon. After that I'm done buying in Oregon until this bill gets overturned or I move out.

Not sure yet. I don't know if I am ready for that level of gun seller exodus from the state. I think it would drive out many and lead to needing to buy online and ship to a local FFL. That would be a significant disruption.

My gut reaction would be to wait it out for a couple of years.

One thats open to the public to search....
I understand. Privacy is dead. No time to morn, just move on.

I say this part in jest, part in sadness and part in "honestly, I just don't care anymore".

The list of things I am supposed to care about has exceeded my ability to care about them. Now, I try to spend my time worrying about the things I have control over.

114 is just one more reason to hate Oregon (the state I was born in and loved for so many years), so I am out as soon as I can be. Put me on a list. I won't be there long enough to matter.

Well, next year (or perhaps maybe in a few more years).……..the people of OR might just vote for a "Permit to Purchase Ammo License".

Rrrrright.….. in the name of SAFTY. Just like in CA. Reasonable and common sense gun laws.

I wonder…..
How many members on this forum…..
Are still wanting/willing to talk compromise with them?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews