JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will You Apply For Permit To Purchase If Measure 114 Withstands Legal Challenges And PTP Program Is

• No

Votes: 294 86.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 45 13.3%

• Total voters
Big talkers. Either you move out of this state or eventually you will likely cave and get the permit. I'd guess anyone over 40 i'll give a 50% chance of staying off the permit/registry. Anyone under 40 i'd say 90% chance you get a permit.

FOMO is very real.
You must be part of the younger generation. They're typically talking up a smack storm on all fronts, but almost zero follow through. Conviction and moral character is in short supply among the majority of them. It's so common they have honestly deluded themselves to believe that's what "normal" is.

The more mature folk... we are from a different generation where we only say what we mean and we absolutely mean what we say. It may be "old fashioned" but I'll take a handshake deal and a mans word from my generation over a 10 page "bullet proof" contract from the youngers.

That's just 10 pages to hide stuff within to screw you over with.🤣

Last Edited:
You must be part of the younger generation. They're typically talking up a smack storm on all fronts, but almost zero follow through. Conviction and morale character is in short supply among the majority of them. It's so common they have honestly deluded themselves to believe that's what "normal" is.

The more mature folk... we are from a different generation where we only say what we mean and we absolutely mean what we say. It may be "old fashioned" but I'll take a handshake deal and a mans word from my generation over a 10 page "bullet proof" contract from the youngers.

That's just 10 pages to hide stuff within to screw you over with.🤣
Mature folks…. The ones who voted for 114. Or the ones who didn't vote at all.

Fudds.

Big talkers. Either you move out of this state or eventually you will likely cave and get the permit. I'd guess anyone over 40 i'll give a 50% chance of staying off the permit/registry. Anyone under 40 i'd say 90% chance you get a permit.

FOMO is very real.
I've been planning on moving out of commie sh!thole for awhile, regardless of how the voting went. I've left a couple times and won't be back again. I haven't really bought guns since SB 941 like I use to (only 2), anymore I am focused on the peripherals such as optics, WMLs, NV, gear, etc., etc.

I WILL NOT BUY A PERMIT TO EXCISE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT EVER!!!!

My next firearms will be purchased...
1) through family members.
2) through trusted friends who share my FY and this 114 BS attitude.
3) after the unconstitutional BS is stricken down in the courts.
4) in another state with much fewer Marxist proclivities.

I've been planning on moving out of commie sh!thole for awhile, regardless of how the voting went. I've left a couple times and won't be back again. I haven't really bought guns since SB 941 like I use to (only 2), anymore I am focused on the peripherals such as optics, WMLs, NV, gear, etc., etc.

I WILL NOT BUY A PERMIT TO EXCISE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT EVER!!!!

My next firearms will be purchased...
1) through family members.
2) through trusted friends who share my FY and this 114 BS attitude.
3) after the unconstitutional BS is stricken down in the courts.
4) in another state with much fewer Marxist proclivities.
I think NVG equipment sales and more build guns will be more prevalent until 114 us deemed unconstitutional.

Don't live in OR but the way this is going I can easily see it coming to WA. If they decide we need some version of a FOID card here I will go get one just like I keep a permit to carry. Will I like it? No.
Yup same as you, I live in WA state, and as sure as God makes little green apples, all this bullcrap is on its way here next, no stopping it, unless we as a whole can vote it out.

Last Edited:
voted no for now. i think i have all i need. wife wants a new wheel gun so may need to get a permit but thats on her, i bought a couple AR lowers knowwing this could happen. built 1 already, have the other beggin for a upper of some caliber. LOL

black friday cant come soon enough with 2 lowers ready i can just buy uppers and im good!!

No.

There are still firearms I'd love to have, but my collection consists of everything I feel I need. I'm not willing to bend the knee to Rev. Knutson and his followers, just to exercise a constitutional right. As a former USMC marksmanship instructor and competitive shooter, and a former LEO, I find it insulting to have to take a "safety class" from someone who probably has less experience and training in firearms than I do.

......and don't even get me started about the database. That's a non-starter an itself.

It will be our duty to turn newbie gun buyers on to 80% firearms. I wish I would have got in to the 80% game a long time ago. But completed firearms were cheap and easy to buy. I should have saw the writing on the wall. Now you have to mostly buy jigs separate from frames and prices are not as good. At least you can have them shipped to your door.
I sold my ARs in 2019 to fund 80s lol. Saw it coming, but it's never too late to get into that game till they are fully banned to buy.

FOMO is very real.
I am 36 and I bet you $1000 I won't get a permit to buy a gun in oregon. New gun buyer getting into guns mostly will. It's not even the permit that stops me its the classes and metal health evaluation and data Base open to the public is the reason I won't get one. It's not worth that info being in the wrong hands and definitely not worth my family's safety.

I voted no. I have a good collection that fits well into my needs. I have plenty of STANDARD capacity magazines to last my lifetime. I don't really need another firearm and if I'm to be completely honest the last few years of assaults on our rights has made me lose some interest in the shooting sports. I will ALWAYS vote against ANY measure that infringes upon those rights but my activity with firearms in general has been fairly low. I hate to admit it, but all the drama, political trolling and hate mail I've received here at NWFA doesn't help either. Probably why I've been so inactive around here lately.

I go weeks without opening my big safe these days. :(
many years ago I went thru this where I had other priorities. I still enjoyed shooting and guns but just had other things in life to focus on. I still kept close to a pistol for home defense though but I would go months without opening the safe. Also the politics played into that as well, I can imagine it worse moderating a gun forum. I basically stayed on the downlow but it meant I was the "silent minority" at many conversations.
I have a bit more time nowadays to shoot and have never forgot your help getting me in the door at the range, has been a huge benefit for me. thank you.

heres the deal about all of us that already have what we need, the intent of gun control doesnt care about us not needing to beg permission or get on a public list.

All they care about is the new generations who are starting from scratch. Once they kill future gun rights and shooting sports they will work on the grandfathered guns making them non transferable or turned in.

While Oregon lost its democrat super majority, there are enough left that the shenanigans at the top won't be easy to stop. I dropped a few dollars at the FPC fund. I hope more help in some way to keep any pressure going. Letters, rally, $$. Calling out the lying to the public.

Hopefully it will wake up those woke enough to vote for 114. When they figure out it wasn't about the BCGs that were already in place and they can't buy their first gun until 2024.

A definite NO. I am sick and tired of having to jump through hoops to enjoy my 2nd Amendment and God given Rights. They definitely stepped over the line in the sand this time.

I was not planning on buying any more guns at my age. I still have at least a dozen that I have not shot or finished building, but I will continue to fight for my rights to concealed carry any size magazine anywhere I want and buy any gun without having to sign my life away.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top